Expired

What is the deal with the Amazon Fire stick with free films

Found 18th Nov 2015
I dont understand how everyone around me is getting free films with the Amazon fire stick. I have always been a bit of a prude with my Films I like to watch them in quality picture not one thats been videoed in a cinema. I went to search for a fire stick on ebay to get a price comparison and they all have this 'Kodi' on it? Is it illegal, will it stop soon and should I buy the stick from Amazon and get the prime for £59 for the year? Help appreciated as Now Tv is £9.99 a month and thinking of Switching, even tho I have like two chrome casts!!!!
Community Updates
14 Comments
the fire stick will be side loaded with kodi. kodi let's you stream lots of media. Goggle tvaddons or theblackboxostv for more info
downloading is illegal, streaming is not.so for now firestick with kodi is legal I believe
DAMNOME

Keep paying for your films prude

I was just asking. why be so mean? I don't know about it hence me asking the question.
discozohan

downloading is illegal, streaming is not.so for now firestick with kodi … downloading is illegal, streaming is not.so for now firestick with kodi is legal I believe

wrong
DAMNOME

Keep paying for your films prude

prude ?
discozohan

downloading is illegal, streaming is not.so for now firestick with kodi … downloading is illegal, streaming is not.so for now firestick with kodi is legal I believe

wrong....
andybriggs03

prude ?

I think, I think, it's a shrivelled fruit, like a testicle sack, only smaller.
willhay555

I think, I think, it's a shrivelled fruit, like a testicle sack, only … I think, I think, it's a shrivelled fruit, like a testicle sack, only smaller.

oh, a prune ? lol
willhay555

I think, I think, it's a shrivelled fruit, like a testicle sack, only … I think, I think, it's a shrivelled fruit, like a testicle sack, only smaller.

​believe there was an EU ruling last year that said it was legal, but may be wrong
Edited by: "discozohan" 18th Nov 2015
I use kodi but prefer my movies with reasonable video quality but must have 5.1 audio on action type movies for my home entertainment system. So yes I'm a prude and won't watch camrips but it just means I have to wait a few more weeks until DVD/Bluray rips are released.

Downloading isn't illegal it's the sharing of content that's illegal.
So the Amazon Fire stick with Kodi is Legal?!
philphil61

I use kodi but prefer my movies with reasonable video quality but must … I use kodi but prefer my movies with reasonable video quality but must have 5.1 audio on action type movies for my home entertainment system. So yes I'm a prude and won't watch camrips but it just means I have to wait a few more weeks until DVD/Bluray rips are released.Downloading isn't illegal it's the sharing of content that's illegal.

No brother, you're a prune.

Prune.

P-R-U-N-E
People need to understand that Kodi is simply an open source piece of software to run a home theatre/media centre. Completely legal and quite useful. Similar to Plex (as advertised on the Fire TV packaging). There are other pieces of software that can be added to Kodi (addons) to allow for the streaming of media content from various sources worldwide. Whether streaming copyrighted content (using addons through Kodi) is legal or not, depends on where you live. There is case law from the European Court of Justice to support the argument that streaming copyrighted content (that is provided free of charge without subscription) is legal but downloading/making copies of it is not.
Edited by: "Resali" 18th Nov 2015
lady_muck

So the Amazon Fire stick with Kodi is Legal?!

Yes it is, or you can download Kodi to your comp free and run it to to your tv.8)

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Merchants