What is the difference between these HP Spectres?

7 replies
Found 21st Dec 2016
I am looking to purchase the HP Spectre.

Now it was off course the Spectre 360 deal that caught my eye, but my question is, why is the laptop (non convertible) version hundreds more expensive in equivalent to the 360 even with the same processor?

The only difference I can find is that the laptop does not have a touch screen... but it does have a HD screen. Does this really justify the price difference, and how much difference would this make?!

johnlewis.com/hp-…512
johnlewis.com/hp-…470

Both have:
i5 processor (or i7 but the links here are both i5 versions)
8gb RAM
256 gb ssd
13.3inch screen

7 Comments

one is touchscreen and a bit heavier the other a normal traditional laptop/slightly lighter

They both have full HD screens. One is touch screen and convertible but in percentage terms much much heavier and thicker.

Original Poster

MIDURIX

They both have full HD screens. One is touch screen and convertible but … They both have full HD screens. One is touch screen and convertible but in percentage terms much much heavier and thicker.

​but it seems odd that the laptop is hundreds more expensive just for being slightly lighter?

cb_scavenger

​but it seems odd that the laptop is hundreds more expensive just for b … ​but it seems odd that the laptop is hundreds more expensive just for being slightly lighter?

It is half an inch thinner and around 400g lighter, in terms of portability that is a huge difference, reduced weight and thickness always costs when your looking at ultrabooks......

On the HP Spectre 13 (the expensive one) Has a Gorilla Glass 4 on the screen and importantly USB C (3.1) combined with Thunderbolt 3.

Original Poster

Uridium

It is half an inch thinner and around 400g lighter, in terms of … It is half an inch thinner and around 400g lighter, in terms of portability that is a huge difference, reduced weight and thickness always costs when your looking at ultrabooks......

​ah I see, quite a difference! I read a review which compared the sizes to an older laptop model, which must by my confusion. Must check specs in more detail! Thank you

Original Poster

cosuk625

On the HP Spectre 13 (the expensive one) Has a Gorilla Glass 4 on the … On the HP Spectre 13 (the expensive one) Has a Gorilla Glass 4 on the screen and importantly USB C (3.1) combined with Thunderbolt 3.

​thank you! I guess the 360 lacking this makes a huge difference to the size. I'm beginning to understand! Thanks for taking the time
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Boredom1316
    2. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet35105
    3. Trying to create a list of short modern video games. Any suggestions?915
    4. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?993257

See more discussions