What is the fastest phone you can buy today?

Found 17th Apr
My galaxy s7 is fine but it's so slow and sluggish to use, constantly crashes and in general lags like a PoS computer from the year 1990.

What's the fastest phone you can buy? I'm talking booting g up, opening apps, and in general using the bloody thing.

Thanks
Community Updates
AskPhones
25 Comments
iPhone X , waiting for the android fanboy comments. It’s my own opinion
Xboxgamer3216 m ago

Thanks, but I'll pass. Never in my life will I pay £1000 for an apple phone. Used to have a 5s but quickly got sick of it.
bbfb1235 m ago

Thanks, but I'll pass. Never in my life will I pay £1000 for an apple …Thanks, but I'll pass. Never in my life will I pay £1000 for an apple phone. Used to have a 5s but quickly got sick of it.

You asked the question and got a reasonable answer
price isn't really an argument anymore since flagship androids range up to £1000 also lol
Note 8
Have you checked what's running on your phone as an S7 should still be pretty nippy with most things?
The Chinese branded phones like Huawei are making inroads in the UK market, and EU in general. They could be worth checking out outside of Apple and Samsung phones.
Xboxgamer3211 h, 1 m ago

I think that's on par with the iphone 8 once you take into respect the screen resolution bump which always hits the device. Saying that the iphone X will probably burn through its battery life so after a year your performance will drop as the phone throttles.

Cost per performance the iPhone X is a joke and you're better off with the iphone 8+
bbfb12356 m ago

Thanks, but I'll pass. Never in my life will I pay £1000 for an apple …Thanks, but I'll pass. Never in my life will I pay £1000 for an apple phone. Used to have a 5s but quickly got sick of it.

You didn't state any criteria
mds12561 h, 18 m ago

You asked the question and got a reasonable answer

Outdated hardware is hardly a reasonable answer
I can second the Huawei/honor devices. My Honor 8 is still as fast as the day I got it 1 1/2 years ago. Faster than the S7 it replaced. I also think that pixel phones or any phone on the android one program like the Xiaomi mi A1 or the new Nokia phones should probably be pretty good too.
No doubt that iPhones are dead quick. But I *personally* think they're not that much quicker in the real world. And they definitely still slow down with age. But you've got to hand it to Apple, my aging iPad mini 2 is still getting updates. It is starting to slow right down now though
oliverkennedy1040 m ago

Outdated hardware is hardly a reasonable answer

Think you will find that the processor beats the latest offering from Samsung by quite a margin and their Face ID is 2-3 years ahead of its competition, it’s camera is also on par with the latest phones and the battery life beats most of the equilevant sized phones. What makes it so outdated?
The S6 is still a viable fine speed wise, you just need to be a bity savvy and reset the phone, turn down animations, use nova launcher, disable bloat ware, use adguard to block ads and stop apps misbehaving, people who buy phones yearly because there's is slow are mugs
Nokia 3210
Vodafone smart platinum is very very good phone battery life is extremely good
The price only around £300.00
Easy can unlock for only £5.00
qala001 h, 0 m ago

Vodafone smart platinum is very very good phone battery life is extremely …Vodafone smart platinum is very very good phone battery life is extremely good The price only around £300.00Easy can unlock for only £5.00

where do you get the unlock code for the vodafone please?
Harefoot47 s ago

Ebay. Nice and easy
Harefoot2 m ago

On ebay
mds12568 h, 32 m ago

Think you will find that the processor beats the latest offering from …Think you will find that the processor beats the latest offering from Samsung by quite a margin and their Face ID is 2-3 years ahead of its competition, it’s camera is also on par with the latest phones and the battery life beats most of the equilevant sized phones. What makes it so outdated?

Because face id was out before then even if they've made it better it still had already been a thing
mds12569 h, 35 m ago

Think you will find that the processor beats the latest offering from …Think you will find that the processor beats the latest offering from Samsung by quite a margin and their Face ID is 2-3 years ahead of its competition, it’s camera is also on par with the latest phones and the battery life beats most of the equilevant sized phones. What makes it so outdated?

Let me think.... the OS.... you still cant move icons, send files over BT and so on. you did ask about hardware so skipping iphone x and looking at iphone 8 released at the same time except for the CPU? everything?

going back to OP question.

Do a proper factory reset and dont reinstall apps immediately (only when you need them). that should help
mattsk37 m ago

going back to OP question.Do a proper factory reset and dont reinstall …going back to OP question.Do a proper factory reset and dont reinstall apps immediately (only when you need them). that should help

Do this .....

Any midrange or above Android phone is more than fast enough for day to day use. If your S7 is sluggish it likely needs a reset..
oliverkennedy103 h, 23 m ago

Because face id was out before then even if they've made it better it …Because face id was out before then even if they've made it better it still had already been a thing

Yeah a thing that was poor by all other companies that tried to implement it
Just a thought, but will a factory reset help?
Sure you need to re-download all your apps, but if your phone speeds up because of it then it will save you money (if it works).
Back-up all the data you want to keep using a back-up app (you'll need a microSD card in your phone to save it to), then factory reset.
The only reason your phone would be sluggish is from your usage of it at a software level, not the hardware diminishing! lol
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants