What is the most miserable town for sale bargains?

Found 4th Jan
I love this site and still allow myself to get excited about the bargains to be had. But my enthusiasm is always dampened by Eastbourne. The stores here assume that they don't have to join in with the sales. Many times I have read on here what bargains are to be had, mainly in the big chain stores but these deals are never reflected in the stores in Eastbourne. I have to assume that they think they are to high brow or they have no need to reduce their products in line with their counterparts.
Community Updates
Misc
16 Comments
I concur - similar in Stamford , Lincs
That’s because Eastbourne is full of retired people and as we keep getting told, all the retired folk have lots of money so don’t need sales.
Launceston.
Chelmsford, I've looked for numerous offers that have appeared on here but aren't in the shops in this city, sticking to online deals now ;)!
Same here rarely any real bargains in Waitrose the place stuffed with the 'Posh'
Belfast
cmdr_elito18 h, 29 m ago

That’s because Eastbourne is full of retired people and as we keep getting …That’s because Eastbourne is full of retired people and as we keep getting told, all the retired folk have lots of money so don’t need sales.

Yep, the brainwashed millennials do spout some serious bull don't they ?
Wongy1101 h, 15 m ago

Same here rarely any real bargains in Waitrose the place stuffed with the …Same here rarely any real bargains in Waitrose the place stuffed with the 'Posh'

Seems to vary with Waitrose the local one rarely has any bargains but Canary Wharf branch was full of bargains.
Alfsmum4 h, 42 m ago

Yep, the brainwashed millennials do spout some serious bull don't they ?

Don’t know really, I stopped listening to the Corbyn camp (twitter voters/aka youngsters) because they complain so much about utter rubbish and follow a pensioner whilst complaining the older folk have everything. Oh the irony!!!

On a serious note I know of a few retired people in Eastbourne and know many oap clubs take day trips there from other towns in Sussex in the summer but all I hear about is crime (usually young bored people who parents work in London) so always assumed it was a reasonable mix.
Has Croydon not got a mention yet?

Or whatever its name is???
cmdr_elito5th Jan

Don’t know really, I stopped listening to the Corbyn camp (twitter v …Don’t know really, I stopped listening to the Corbyn camp (twitter voters/aka youngsters) because they complain so much about utter rubbish and follow a pensioner whilst complaining the older folk have everything. Oh the irony!!!On a serious note I know of a few retired people in Eastbourne and know many oap clubs take day trips there from other towns in Sussex in the summer but all I hear about is crime (usually young bored people who parents work in London) so always assumed it was a reasonable mix.

I lived there for four years and the mix was changing quite a bit - they built 3,000 new homes at the new Marina
so it brought a lot of younger people there. There police force is far more interested in hiding behind benches with
speed guns than in stopping the drug dealers in the town, shame because it used to be a nice quiet -ish place
but not any more.
cmdr_elito4th Jan

That’s because Eastbourne is full of retired people and as we keep getting …That’s because Eastbourne is full of retired people and as we keep getting told, all the retired folk have lots of money so don’t need sales.

There are places in the UK that aren't 70% pensioners?
Chesterfield, mind you its mostly occupied by spice induced zombies, so unless you are having a sale on black mamba you aint going to get any custom. The market used to be great, now its lucky if a quarter of the stalls are used.
MSK.24 m ago

There are places in the UK that aren't 70% pensioners?

18% 65 or older

ons.gov.uk/peo…017

looks to me like West Somerset has the highest % with 33
Edited by: "Wongy110" 7th Jan
Wongy1109 m ago

18% 65 or …18% 65 or olderhttps://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/populationandmigration/populationestimates/articles/overviewoftheukpopulation/july2017#the-uks-population-is-getting-older-but-its-not-the-same-in-all-areas-of-the-uklooks to me like West Somerset has the highest % with 33

There's no where near me that is close to 18% but it's better than 70% I suppose
MSK.7 m ago

There's no where near me that is close to 18% but it's better than 70% …There's no where near me that is close to 18% but it's better than 70% I suppose

A fair bit over here
da kids in the park

33012412-HUW5y.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions