What is the name of this charger cable? Used on MS Surface, playstation 1, laptops

Found 31st Jul
Hi, i need to buy a replacement cable to plug into my surface power brick. Does anyone know what i should be searching for? It should be a pound or two. So far this is the only thing i have found and its £8.

amazon.co.uk/JUY…41Y
Community Updates
Ask
14 Comments
34553111-F9nH6.jpg this is a pic of the end bit i am after
I think it's called a C7 cable.
I've got plenty of those from my old hifi.
Also known as Figure of 8.
Search around your house for an old device you don't use anymore i.e an old DVD player, TV, etc etc.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 31st Jul
It’s a cassette lead.
Nothing else, just cassette lead.
Don’t let cassettes die into obscurity.
Go down your local charity shop... They chuck these away, so you'll get one for a few pence.
It's a C7 connector, as defined by the IEC 60320 standard.

You don't say what connector you want on the other end, if any, but various options are available including UK mains plugs (which I guess is what the old cable has):
kenable.co.uk/en/…=C7
Thanks so much everyone!!!
Don't buy these cables 2nd hand or on the cheap because they can and do catch fire if the internal insulation is damaged.
kester7611 h, 9 m ago

Don't buy these cables 2nd hand or on the cheap because they can and do …Don't buy these cables 2nd hand or on the cheap because they can and do catch fire if the internal insulation is damaged.

Just like any lead then? Chances are very slim.
Snakeyes64650 m ago

I'd be ok with second hand, you can look and feel for any signs of damage.

But, I would be wary of cables sold by ebay sellers. I once got a cloverleaf one from a uk based ebay seller that had a bad connection in it, cut it in half to examine the flex as it also seemed a little stiff for copper and the conductors were thin and I'm pretty sure were copper clad aluminium.

These cables are only £1 from cpc anyway, although you'd need to buy something else to go over £10 for free P&P.

cpc.farnell.com/sea…ead
Edited by: "melted" 1st Aug
Snakeyes64654 m ago

Depends if someone has shoved the item it was plugged into against a wall. You're not suppose to bend these at 90 degree angles but a lot of people do. Add in age and wear and tear and these tend to fail. Plus not all are made equal, alot of the original console leads can with chokes built in.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants