What is the new tech that let's u place a phone on a surface and transfer pics and data instantly

10 replies
Found 29th Dec 2010
I know this tech is in development and is actually being used,like the ones you see in csi. Where the guy puts his phone or camera on the pc surface and the pictures or data transfer onto the pc,just wondering what this is called or if anyone has any links to this.



can't tell you mate

i dont know.

Sounds like old tech... infrared!!! :P

Could be RFID? Or object recognition on a surface table? Either way the data will prob still be transferred using bluetooth or similar, it's the recognition that's the new bit. But then, you can do the same with bluetooth anyway AFAIK.

Sounds like Powermat...


Although I don't think the data transfer has been developed yet.

OP-How do you KNOW it is being developed? Where did you read/hear about it?

Near Field Communication (NFC)
Edited by: "unknownuser" 29th Dec 2010

Original Poster

i saw it a while ago,think its sommit microsoft is developing,simply place the camera or phone down on the surface of the computer screen and transfers data instantly.just cannae mind where i saw it
Post a comment
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition50409
    2. Win the Diono Quantum travel system, worth £500 @ Netmums11
    3. daily mail comp - win a trip to queensland - comp closes 8th november, 201755
    4. Win free gin for a year88

    See more discussions