What is the oldest coin (money) you have in your house/possession?

Posted 11th Nov
I found a 1946 sixpence from India in my house. Older than my age. I don't think it's worth that much, but I found it interesting.
I once found a half pence in London, not worth much.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
My oldest British coin is a penny dated 1873.
The others in the pic are coins from the Roman age.38956168-bDO3f.jpg
13 Comments
38955948-BDSlU.jpg
Due to inheritance we have numerous Victorian coins, none in a good state though. Only worth the silver content. 1880 is around the oldest.
"I once found a half pence in London"
Properly called a Halfpenny ("Ha'penny), a weeks rent for somebody BITD ...
My oldest British coin is a penny dated 1873.
The others in the pic are coins from the Roman age.38956168-bDO3f.jpg
Predikuesi11/11/2019 11:04

My oldest British coin is a penny dated 1873.The others in the pic are …My oldest British coin is a penny dated 1873.The others in the pic are coins from the Roman age.[Image]

Oh wow, these are fascinating, ty
GwanGy11/11/2019 11:03

"I once found a half pence in London" Properly called a Halfpenny …"I once found a half pence in London" Properly called a Halfpenny ("Ha'penny), a weeks rent for somebody BITD ...

What is BITD?!
My dad still has some coins from when he was young, so from around the mid 1930s so we have some of them. Nothing as old as some of you have 😁
Yeah, I have some roman coinage from around the property, (our old farmhouse house dated back to early norman times thru 19th century).

Currently I have some musket balls sitting on top of my tv ..who knows when they were expended.
My oldest British coin is a Queen Mary I (1553-1558) sixpence.
Also have 2 Elizabeth I sixpences from 1580's & 1590's. Oldest foreign are some Roman coins from the first century A.D. These were cheaper to buy than the Tudor ones.
Groat
I got the newest one whatever I saw here ..from 1949 lol.. and thought this will be record breaking ..
38978661-9ml4g.jpg
Edited by: "Brutes" 13th Nov
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions