What is the worst film ever? Discuss......

I'll start the ball rolling...........

69 Comments

The worst film I've seen is Eraserhead, though it is critically aklaimed!

imdb.com/tit…86/

My husband thinks it terrible that I can't watch Casablanca with a straight face lol Awful film imo!

shark boy and lava girl,had to take my son and his mates ti cinema to see it,i ended up putting the 3d glasses on and went for a nap

tora tora tora wtf terrible what a load of dog doo!

Original Poster

please, let us not forget this classic!
]http//ww…46/
http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BNjY4NjM3MjQ2OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTc3NzYyMQ@@._V1._SX95_SY140_.jpg

Dragonball Evolution!! What a piece of poo!

Spriggan;5264882

Dragonball Evolution!! What a piece of poo!

i darent see dragonball because it will break my heart, used to love the cartoon

Very subjective question because what one person may regard as awful someone else may consider as a classic!

Generally, the legendary Ed Wood is regarded as the worst director (and just about everything else!) of all time. See his Wikipedia entry

en.wikipedia.org/wik…_Jr.

My favourite was Plan 9 from Outer Space.

Original Poster

tony_s1;5264938

Very subjective question because what one person may regard as awful … Very subjective question because what one person may regard as awful someone else may consider as a classic!Generally, the legendary Ed Wood is regarded as the worst director (and just about everything else!) of all time. See his Wikipedia entryhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_D._Wood,_Jr.My favourite was Plan 9 from Outer Space.

"Unspeakable Horrors From Outer Space Paralyze The Living And Resurrect The Dead! " - WTF?!?

It's getting remade!
]http//ww…99/

waterworld

Again, critically & publicly acclaimed a-like, I cannot find anything remotely interesting about "The Blues Brothers"!

I wasn't overly impressed with "The Da Vinci Code" or "Angels & Demons", either.

I'm just trying to re-watch "Wanted" on Sky TV after I saw it for the first time on Saturday night/Sunday morning. I was looking forward to this given the reviews I had read upon the cinema release, but at the end of the movie on Sunday I didn't see what the fuss was about.

(Angelina Jolie's visual presence didn't even save it... and that shows how bad it is!)

BFN,

fp.

wii expert;5264974

"Unspeakable Horrors From Outer Space Paralyze The Living And Resurrect … "Unspeakable Horrors From Outer Space Paralyze The Living And Resurrect The Dead! " - WTF?!?It's getting remade! ]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1238299/

It wouldn't be too difficult for it to be an improvement on the original. :-D

fanpages;5265009

Again, critically & publicly acclaimed a-like, I cannot find anything … Again, critically & publicly acclaimed a-like, I cannot find anything remotely interesting about "The Blues Brothers"!I wasn't overly impressed with "The Da Vinci Code" or "Angels & Demons", either.I'm just trying to re-watch "Wanted" on Sky TV after I saw it for the first time on Saturday night/Sunday morning. I was looking forward to this given the reviews I had read upon the cinema release, but at the end of the movie on Sunday I didn't see what the fuss was about.(Angelina Jolie's visual presence didn't even save it... and that shows how bad it is!)BFN,fp.

I watched Wanted, I liked it. It was an easy 90 mins or so.

"Carry on Columbus" - that's two hours of my life i'll never get back!

ettam123;5264729

shark boy and lava girl,had to take my son and his mates ti cinema to see … shark boy and lava girl,had to take my son and his mates ti cinema to see it,i ended up putting the 3d glasses on and went for a nap

I would have to agree with you there we watched it on DVD though so I got to escape into another room every so often

Kids loved it though and - against my better judgement - I just bought it cos it was £1.93

Hated 'The Knowing' though - I wanted to watch Fast and Furious 4 but hubby had heard it wasn't up to much so we watched that instead. It was so boring (except the accident bits were good) and then when they were in the forest I was sitting there like "don't be a spaceship, don't be a spaceship" and it WAS a spaceship! :giggle:

my wedding video

ClarityofMind;5265051

I watched Wanted, I liked it. It was an easy 90 mins or so.

I'm giving it another chance, after my experience with "Pulp Fiction"...

After watching that, I thought "WTF?... I never want to see that again!".

Then over the next few days I recalled some scenes & then it finally [duh!] struck me how all the movie fitted together. I now watch it every time I see it on the TV! I think Tarantino's movies always take a few watches to fully appreciate the plot.

"Wanted" isn't getting any better for me in this sitting, but it is not getting any worse either, so maybe that's better than nothing

BFN,

fp.

fanpages;5265168

I'm giving it another chance, after my experience with "Pulp … I'm giving it another chance, after my experience with "Pulp Fiction"...After watching that, I thought "WTF?... I never want to see that again!".Then over the next few days I recalled some scenes & then it finally [duh!] struck me how all the movie fitted together. I now watch it every time I see it on the TV! I think Tarantino's movies always take a few watches to fully appreciate the plot."Wanted" isn't getting any better for me in this sitting, but it is not getting any worse either, so maybe that's better than nothing :)BFN,fp.

I like to watch something that is mentally or emotionally stretching.... my kids like action and adventure. They let me watch Wanted, so I was happy lol The bullets kept them entertained!

Mrs.Z;5265098

I would have to agree with you there we watched it on DVD though so I got … I would have to agree with you there we watched it on DVD though so I got to escape into another room every so often :pKids loved it though and - against my better judgement - I just bought it cos it was £1.93Hated 'The Knowing' though - I wanted to watch Fast and Furious 4 but hubby had heard it wasn't up to much so we watched that instead. It was so boring (except the accident bits were good) and then when they were in the forest I was sitting there like "don't be a spaceship, don't be a spaceship" and it WAS a spaceship! :giggle:

Come on... it has Nicholas (Coppola) Cage in it; that is enough to warrant a "worst film ever" nomination... only to be surpassed by the fact that "Ghost Rider 2" is being made presently. O-M-G!

Which reminds me of two more contenders... either of "The Fantastic Four" movies.

BFN,

fp.

fanpages;5265209

Come on... it has Nicholas (Coppola) Cage in it; that is enough to … Come on... it has Nicholas (Coppola) Cage in it; that is enough to warrant a "worst film ever" nomination... only to be surpassed by the fact that "Ghost Rider 2" is being made presently. O-M-G!

No way!

Just reminded me - adding Ghost Rider to my list, that is one film I couldn't even finish :-D

Original Poster

just a little extra comment, high school musical 1, 2 and 3 were sent to the earth by satan and zack effron is his lapdog. #rant over#

Meet the Spartans - worst film eeeeeeeeeeeever!!!!

fanpages;5265168

I'm giving it another chance, after my experience with "Pulp … I'm giving it another chance, after my experience with "Pulp Fiction"...After watching that, I thought "WTF?... I never want to see that again!".Then over the next few days I recalled some scenes & then it finally [duh!] struck me how all the movie fitted together. I now watch it every time I see it on the TV! I think Tarantino's movies always take a few watches to fully appreciate the plot.fp.

I'm with you on Pulp Fiction!

I watched it, thought "wtf was all the fuss about, biggest pile of poo dammit"... then caught it again a few months later and everything clicked into place, loved every minute of it... lol

There Will Be Blood. Shame there's a swear filter here, I'd really love to get into detail about the hate I feel for it.

ChipSticks;5265287

I'm with you on Pulp Fiction! I watched it, thought "wtf was all the fuss … I'm with you on Pulp Fiction! I watched it, thought "wtf was all the fuss about, biggest pile of poo dammit"... then caught it again a few months later and everything clicked into place, loved every minute of it... lol

Oddly though, I liked "Death Proof" the first time I saw it. It's weird, but compulsive viewing. Maybe thay says more about me, than the movie!

PS. I tried, and failed with "Serenity". Just didn't 'get' that at all.

Apart from "Dick Tracy", I'd like to offer "any movie starring Madonna" to the "worst film ever" list.

BFN,

fp.

Original Poster

fanpages;5265388

:)Oddly though, I liked "Death Proof" the first time I saw it. It's … :)Oddly though, I liked "Death Proof" the first time I saw it. It's weird, but compulsive viewing. Maybe thay says more about me, than the movie!PS. I tried, and failed with "Serenity". Just didn't 'get' that at all.Apart from "Dick Tracy", I'd like to offer "any movie starring Madonna" to the "worst film ever" list.BFN,fp.

you sure hate alot of films!

wii expert;5265410

you sure hate alot of films!

Hate is such a strong word. Every film is worth watching at least once.

,...I watch many, many films. My opposing list of "great films" is a long[er] one!

But just to support your theory...

Another for the "worst" list...

"Son Of The Mask".

BFN,

fp.

PS. "Wanted" has just finished. The soundtrack was OK

dxx;5265331

There Will Be Blood. Shame there's a swear filter here, I'd really love … There Will Be Blood. Shame there's a swear filter here, I'd really love to get into detail about the hate I feel for it.

I agree :thumbsup:

Battlefield Earth

Titanic with Di Caprio is the worst ever !!

Oh look an iceberg has snuck up on us, oh god (crunch) were sinking (panic).

What a yawn.

bean,teeth, there are loads of carp films about shrooms is another,:oops:

kjbenja;5265522

Titanic with Di Caprio is the worst ever !!Oh look an iceberg has snuck … Titanic with Di Caprio is the worst ever !!Oh look an iceberg has snuck up on us, oh god (crunch) were sinking (panic).What a yawn.

:thumbsup:

lol what about when they share their forever love then he puts her on that wood in the water and when he's all frozen she shoves him off to be saved

my heart will go on.......riiiight

any1 else think the dead people in the water looked like rubber if thats what cold water does to your skin well lol

Shengis;5265561

This gets a solid 1.9 on IMDB, meaning it's probably a brilliant … This gets a solid 1.9 on IMDB, meaning it's probably a brilliant film......]The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies!!?

fantastic title for a movie:lol:

kaits;5265499

I agree :thumbsup:Battlefield Earth

Ooh - I might be getting you mixed up with someone else, but was it you who replied to me the last time I ranted about There Will Be Blood when I made the point about Johnny Greenwood's wholesale ripping off of Threnody For The Victims? I think you brought up another new composer, possibly someone from Norway, or somewhere like that. If it was you, cna you tell me the guy's name again? I googled him at the time and spent so long listening to him that I think I forgot to get back to you and say that I'd fallen in love with his music. Was it you?

dxx;5265815

Ooh - I might be getting you mixed up with someone else, but was it you … Ooh - I might be getting you mixed up with someone else, but was it you who replied to me the last time I ranted about There Will Be Blood when I made the point about Johnny Greenwood's wholesale ripping off of Threnody For The Victims? I think you brought up another new composer, possibly someone from Norway, or somewhere like that. If it was you, cna you tell me the guy's name again? I googled him at the time and spent so long listening to him that I think I forgot to get back to you and say that I'd fallen in love with his music. Was it you?

Yes it was me! and I am smiling, pleased that you enjoyed Jóhann Johannson. :thumbsup:

A I
*sniff*

Ultraviolet without a shaddow of a doubt the worst film....EVER.

Zodiac is one of the worst films I've ever had the misfortune to watch, I was honestly losing the will to live by about a quarter of the way through (I know a lot of people like it however). Closely followed by Meet the Spartans, man that film was terrible. The only thing that makes this better than Zodiac is Carmen Electra....
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763888
    2. Walnut snip: Nestlé cuts nut out of chocolate after prices surge - The Guar…1213
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread415214086
    4. Baby boxes to be sent to new parents in Scotland from Tuesday!1523

See more discussions