Groups

What is the worst present you ever received?

Well, we have a best present xmas present post here:

hotukdeals.com/mis…531

So I thought I would go for the opposite and see what everyone's worst ever present has been - sure there will be some funny anecdotes behind some of them as well.

Doesn't have to be Christmas related just what is the worst ever present/gift you have received?

36 Comments

Original Poster

In case you would also like to be a bit more cheery and post something in the your best xmas present ever post

My birthday is new years day so for Christmas my sister bought me a pair of trainers.
    I got 1 for Christmas and 1 a week later for my birthday. oO

Original Poster

Teezgaff

My birthday is new years day so for Christmas my sister bought me a pair … My birthday is new years day so for Christmas my sister bought me a pair of trainers.I got 1 for Christmas and 1 a week later for my birthday. oO

Personally I would have given the laces for xmas and then the trainers on the birthday

Woolworths vouchers

Used address book (with someone's addresses written in pen)
    Postman pat board game for 3 year old when I was about 15.
    Out of date box of after eights (the chocolate had turned white)
    A hardback book on fountain pens.

Other gifts to the family from the same person;

Dad got her dead husband's used slippers and hats (yes, plural).
    Tablecloth which was her dead husband's ex-wife's family tablecloth which had a horrible embroidery of dogs chasing stags and mauling/eating them 'embroidered by blind nuns in the mountains of Italy' (the nuns and Italy part are no doubt true, I doubt the blind part).

She's in her sixties so not too old to be so out of touch.

She's arriving tomorrow and wants to do an early Christmas present swap. I'm practicing my 'that's nice' face. Fake it till you make it.

Hehe.. Please update us on this years presents merry xmas

Still trying to rack my brain with this one, but I can honestly say I cannot think of a worst present I have had?

A present is what it is, a gift you receive from someone, large or small. expensive or cheap, that person has thought of you,
    Accept with pleasure and be thankful somebody does think about you.

Sorry, No worse present for me.

Merry Xmas to All You HUKDER's

georgeshoose

Still trying to rack my brain with this one, but I can honestly say I … Still trying to rack my brain with this one, but I can honestly say I cannot think of a worst present I have had?A present is what it is, a gift you receive from someone, large or small. expensive or cheap, that person has thought of you,Accept with pleasure and be thankful somebody does think about you.Sorry, No worse present for me.Merry Xmas to All You HUKDER's

That's fine, but stop giving crap to sickly sweet's family.

Cardboard compendium ... I used to get one every year from my aunt when I was a child. What made it worse was that she was the wealthiest relative.

Teezgaff

My birthday is new years day so for Christmas my sister bought me a pair … My birthday is new years day so for Christmas my sister bought me a pair of trainers.I got 1 for Christmas and 1 a week later for my birthday. oO

Mine is the 27th. I think that we get held back Christmas presents masquerading as birthday presents. It's pretty annoying when nobody wants to do anything with you for your birthday as its "too close to Christmas".

My mum didnt really understand games consoles and how they worked....

One Christmas I got a copy if tom & jerry for the master system (long time ago), after opening the rest of my presents they was no console to play it on. I didnt have it in my to tell her as she seemed really pleased she got it for me.....

Love her x

Sega MegaDrive. I should have gotten the SNES. It's my biggest gaming regret, I still think about it some twenty years later.

Banned

a reindeer that shat chocolates when I was aged about 30 ! (would of been funny at 14 maybe)

Was asked if I wanted a "coat" for xmas, I said "no", then shopping "do you like that coat", my response "no".....Xmas day comes along and it was that coat. If I'd had a lighter/matches/naked flame/flamethrower within reach I'd have burnt it. Then I had the pleasure of taking it back in all the sales rush.

A poker set - I've never played poker in my life!

ed1980

My mum didnt really understand games consoles and how they worked....One … My mum didnt really understand games consoles and how they worked....One Christmas I got a copy if tom & jerry for the master system (long time ago), after opening the rest of my presents they was no console to play it on. I didnt have it in my to tell her as she seemed really pleased she got it for me.....Love her x

Ha ha ha ha..... sorry I shouldn't laugh but that was funny you must have been distraught when you finally realized there was no console.

A dog frame with my picture in it from a 'friend' on my 18th birthday, there was no thought or care behind it, she was just a nasty piece of work and I removed her from my life fairly sharply.
    Edited by: "jakesmum" 16th Dec 2014

For my WEDDING my SISTER gave me a cheap & nasty £2 photo frame with a piece of map cut out (map centred around where we got married).
    Moderately ok idea. AWFUL execution. Still cross.

sickly sweet

Used address book (with someone's addresses written in pen)Postman pat … Used address book (with someone's addresses written in pen)Postman pat board game for 3 year old when I was about 15. Out of date box of after eights (the chocolate had turned white)A hardback book on fountain pens. Other gifts to the family from the same person;Dad got her dead husband's used slippers and hats (yes, plural). Tablecloth which was her dead husband's ex-wife's family tablecloth which had a horrible embroidery of dogs chasing stags and mauling/eating them 'embroidered by blind nuns in the mountains of Italy' (the nuns and Italy part are no doubt true, I doubt the blind part). She's in her sixties so not too old to be so out of touch.She's arriving tomorrow and wants to do an early Christmas present swap. I'm practicing my 'that's nice' face. Fake it till you make it.

I call that a winning post!

Original Poster

sickly sweet

Used address book (with someone's addresses written in pen)Postman pat … Used address book (with someone's addresses written in pen)Postman pat board game for 3 year old when I was about 15. Out of date box of after eights (the chocolate had turned white)A hardback book on fountain pens. Other gifts to the family from the same person;Dad got her dead husband's used slippers and hats (yes, plural). Tablecloth which was her dead husband's ex-wife's family tablecloth which had a horrible embroidery of dogs chasing stags and mauling/eating them 'embroidered by blind nuns in the mountains of Italy' (the nuns and Italy part are no doubt true, I doubt the blind part). She's in her sixties so not too old to be so out of touch.She's arriving tomorrow and wants to do an early Christmas present swap. I'm practicing my 'that's nice' face. Fake it till you make it.

ding! ding! ding! - We have a a winner - surely no one can have experienced worse than this over the years?!?

Feel for you sickly, really do

sickly sweet

Its like she went into a charity shop with a fishing net and just took one big scoop!

hoodr40

Ha ha ha ha..... sorry I shouldn't laugh but that was funny you must have … Ha ha ha ha..... sorry I shouldn't laugh but that was funny you must have been distraught when you finally realized there was no console.

I was gutted. ....but sucked it up lol

Toilet Golf...
    OMG, how crap..
    http://numbertwoguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/potty-putter.png
    Going to give it away as a present for this year, does that make me a bad person?

Over The Knee

That's fine, but stop giving crap to sickly sweet's family.

Hahaaaaa X)

A shampoo and conditioner gift set...I shave my head.

Not me, but many years ago I was in a computer game shop (can't remember which) and heard a conversation between a couple.

Mum: He wants a Super Nintendo.
    Dad: Hey look, that Master System is cheaper, shall we get him that instead?
    Mum: Ok then.

I remember thinking poor kid lol

my little one got a mini fridge a few years back,trouble was,it had a cigarette lighter plug and she was 13 at the time!

Banned

The one which didn't make me go weak at the knees.

calvin klien cream deodorant. I have no words...

I collect Swarovski crystal when I can afford it and have many pieces on display. My brother bought me a cheap nasty tacky glass ornament for Poundland for Christmas even though I had spent most of the year sorting out his problems for him. Needless to say I have slowly got him out of my life as I wont be used anymore. He spends £40-£200 pound in the pub every week and £1 on me. Once it was my daughters 4th birthday present and he rang on the mobile to say he had left something nice at the door for her while we were out. I rushed back home before it got taken to find a tacky carrier bag with a few mini chocolates in it from multi-packs, even my daughter was disgusted, reckon didn't cost him more than 30p. Oh and he has no friends - I wonder why??????

Well last year the MIL got me a jigsaw of penguins from £1 shop and a cheap mug with a picture of a mut on it. The year before she got me 2 ornaments of dog's from £1 shop buy 1 get 1 free as they couldn't get rid of them (didn't that tell her nobody liked them) I think there is a theme here somewhere???

Thing is I told her not to bother buying me anything at all this year because she is just wasting her £1, I would rather a lottery ticket.

A few years ago my sister got me this green box it had flowers on it and a weird lid lock. It has made a appearance again the other day as we where clearing out our utility room and it is now sitting in the kitchen, still have no idea what to do with it, I would toss it but as sure as eggs are eggs she will ask where it is if I don't have it anymore, she seemed to love it for some reason.

yazzay

Hahaaaaa X)

Thank you for laughing at my joke, you vision of gorgeous loveliness!!

Over The Knee

Thank you for laughing at my joke, you vision of gorgeous loveliness!! … Thank you for laughing at my joke, you vision of gorgeous loveliness!! <3

Ha that's okay X) it really made me laugh
    Thanks

My list is endless with a dippy hubby... He bought me trainers that were a size too small as they were cheaper, pots and pans in a hideous yellow, a huge make up box (I don't wear make up) and an old lady's dressing gown. 10/10 for his effort though. These years I buy my own and he wraps them

sickly sweet

She's in her sixties so not too old to be so out of touch.She's arriving … She's in her sixties so not too old to be so out of touch.She's arriving tomorrow and wants to do an early Christmas present swap. I'm practicing my 'that's nice' face. Fake it till you make it.

Did you murder her ?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …81139
      2. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1111
      3. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2748
      4. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2125

See more discussions