what is these

Posted 22nd Feb
3411221-ZTqdS.jpg3411221-Hr9Sh.jpg3411221-Uw6BM.jpg3411221-5wHsz.jpg

someone gave me these, what are there.
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
The first looks like a Victorian baby carrot sizer and the second looks like a Victorian pickle onion keeper.
They're probably worth about 10K each at today's prices. So don't forget to insure them pronto.
28 Comments
Did you not ask at the time?
there didn't no ether
there just pick up stuff and give it you
I don't have a clue?
bottom one looks like an ash tray!
sorry … "they" not there...
top one could possibly be for honey?
First looks like an aspersorium.
Silver salts minus their blue glass liners.

Edit: The first item, ie pictures one and two.
Edited by: "JimboParrot" 22nd Feb
it's two items by way,
Salt cellar and spoon?
Second could be a butter dish?
The first looks like a Victorian baby carrot sizer and the second looks like a Victorian pickle onion keeper.
They're probably worth about 10K each at today's prices. So don't forget to insure them pronto.
suejb222/02/2020 17:13

Salt cellar and spoon?

looks like church items now
Top one aspergillum and aspersorium.
The bottom one is possibly a ciborium.
Edited by: "Hilljones" 22nd Feb
I'm not know what they am.
It's the limited edition Amazon echo
They are receptacles for passing round marching powder at wife-swap parties
chrisjackson22/02/2020 17:22

Second could be a butter dish?

Or if it's teeny weeny, a so-called caviar dish.
i was going to say a spit or chamber pot but i am not sure about the long stick to stir the pot's contents

the second item is just a dish.
Hilljones22/02/2020 17:59

Top one aspergillum and aspersorium.The bottom one is possibly a ciborium.

Thanks for the like Think we're agreed the aspersorium set looks a decent call. Not so sure the second item has the ergonomics to be held as ciboriums tend to be? Be interesting of course to to know whether the items are hallmarked silver or silver plate...
Edited by: "chrisjackson" 22nd Feb
chrisjackson22/02/2020 19:33

Thanks for the like Think we're agreed the aspersorium set looks a …Thanks for the like Think we're agreed the aspersorium set looks a decent call. Not so sure the second item has the ergonomics to be held as ciboriums tend to be? Be interesting of course to to know whether the items are hallmarked silver or silver plate...

just say made in England and have a few black dots around
Quite a few silver plated dishes sold as butter dishes on ebay of similar style to second item :
ebay.co.uk/sch…200
Here's one which is apparently electroplated steel from the 1960's :
etsy.com/dk-…ter
Could be modern reproduction too I suppose.

Does the aspersorium set have similar markings?
chrisjackson22/02/2020 20:18

Quite a few silver plated dishes sold as butter dishes on ebay of similar …Quite a few silver plated dishes sold as butter dishes on ebay of similar style to second item :https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=silver+butter+dish&_sacat=0&_ipg=200Here's one which is apparently electroplated steel from the 1960's :https://www.etsy.com/dk-en/listing/266877697/one-piece-silver-plated-footed-butterCould be modern reproduction too I suppose.Does the aspersorium set have similar markings?

yea looks like butter set, not sure about other item
so much you reckon there worth
Am guessing you're looking for a response from me. Am sorry to say I'm no wiser than you, and most likely less so. You could of course keep an eye on those ebay auctions for an indication. Be interested to know how that Canadian seller worked out the 1960's vintage of her item which I'm assuming is mass produced without very specific markings.

If you're convinced the first item is EPNS then clearly you won't want to get your hopes up much for the value of that either. Still it might well be worth taking to an expert and at the very least you'll satisfy your curiosity. I guess if you could find some markings on it and take a few more photos, an online antiques forum might offer some insight. Here's one I found.
topicaltalk.co.uk/ant…rum
Sorry can't be more helpful
Oka so we have a new clue,so the sprinkler water thing we think it might be well it has word stamped on that I missed Argentina industria
ok think it for drinking mate
Good work
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants