What is this all about

Found 11th Feb
so I got this text, never heard of them,

the link isn't a website, thought I click on it, but as expected, it's not a proper URL .

anyone have any idea and I never heard of them aslo
2892891-hEluJ.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
NEVER !! click on a link in a text or email ,unless you know who it is . Doesn't look good , I should try to clean up your phone with whatever malware cleaner you have .
9 times out of 10. If you're not address by your user name or actual name in an email or text like this. It's usually a scam.

It's very odd they'd send you a link via IPS address and not a http format.

I'd have your phone checked with an anti virus just to be sure. But these sort of scams are sent to random numbers. So you may not really have much to worry about unless you went to their account and tried entering personal details.
I didn't enter any details, used a privacy web browser when clicked on it, I knew it was just but I though it might be Oka to click on it, if you don't enter any details
I use avast to scan phone
kos1c7 m ago

9 times out of 10. If you're not address by your user name or actual name …9 times out of 10. If you're not address by your user name or actual name in an email or text like this. It's usually a scam. It's very odd they'd send you a link via IPS address and not a http format.I'd have your phone checked with an anti virus just to be sure. But these sort of scams are sent to random numbers. So you may not really have much to worry about unless you went to their account and tried entering personal details.

If it was IP address, I not sure how there connect
the ip is registered to a bularian server provider, but you can't connect to it on any port so it's either turned off or disconnected - maybe it was a scam that was already found and shut off
Looks like a scam.
this last week alone scam attempts from people pretending to be from
HMRC
AMAZON
A well know bank I bank with.
A well know bank I don't bank with!
Ikea via WhatsApp

and these are the ones that got through the junk filter.

It has got to the stage where you can't assume any link in any message is safe.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants