What is this electrical component called?

Found 3rd Jan
Hi all, need a replacement part and don't know what it's called. Any ideas where I can get one from?
2870163-gYZho.jpg2870163-xk0yF.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
These sort of PSUs need to be banned as you can plug the front in and have live terminals exposed.
17 Comments
That's a 3 pin plug
What's it from pal?
thewrecker74772 m ago

That's a 3 pin plug

Lol. It's only the clip of the plug. Thats the bit I need to replace. The rest of it is here...
32978883.jpg
Edited by: "Eden0032" 3rd Jan
Never seen one like that tbh. If you've got a maplins near you they should have something.like that.
You won't get a straight replacement for that in UK.
andynicol4 m ago

You won't get a straight replacement for that in UK.

That's a shame. Thanks for the input
Much easier, and safer, to replace the whole thing. Just remember that you not only need the correct output, but the correct size pin and wiring on the pin (not as difficult as it sounds).
Thanks for the input guys, decided to just order a new PSU to be on the safe side.
Bed
Edited by: "wayners" 3rd Jan
These sort of PSUs need to be banned as you can plug the front in and have live terminals exposed.
kester7613 m ago

These sort of PSUs need to be banned as you can plug the front in and have …These sort of PSUs need to be banned as you can plug the front in and have live terminals exposed.

Agree. I can imagine a child doing this!
kester7622 m ago

These sort of PSUs need to be banned as you can plug the front in and have …These sort of PSUs need to be banned as you can plug the front in and have live terminals exposed.

yep i had one of these with a archos tablet and the amount of times i unplugged the unit leaving the 3 pin part still in the socket was rediculous
kester7610 h, 56 m ago

I didn't realise that - thank you.
Wow! How on earth did that get uk safety certification? Or was it from Gearbest
Edited by: "chocci" 4th Jan
It's got a catch to release it that can only be reached when the whole thing is unplugged. I've had plugs like this with lots of UK items such as Hitachi External Hard Drives and Blackberry chargers.
ding20 h, 21 m ago

yep i had one of these with a archos tablet and the amount of times i …yep i had one of these with a archos tablet and the amount of times i unplugged the unit leaving the 3 pin part still in the socket was rediculous

Same - Archos tablet - I superglued it together because it was shit and dangerous and I didnt want my kids to get electrocuted using the tablet.
dcx_badass1 h, 34 m ago

It's got a catch to release it that can only be reached when the whole …It's got a catch to release it that can only be reached when the whole thing is unplugged. I've had plugs like this with lots of UK items such as Hitachi External Hard Drives and Blackberry chargers.

I've got one on my Smart charger but it's looks like it's better built than OPs. I'm not keen on anything that bypasses the shutter design and could leave live connections exposed. The 3 pin attachment should be secured with a locking screw to prevent accidental separation of the two halves as with a normal plug. It isn't expensive to implement and could save lives.
Edited by: "kester76" 4th Jan
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants