Groups

What is this Fathers day you speak of...

I don't fall for corporate advertising and buy cards/mugs other products for these sorts of events.

Discuss

14 Comments

What is this Farther day you speak of...

Its fathers day not farthers day

Well i buy stuff for my dad. Its a mark of appreciation for everything he does for me and its only once a year. Your just stingy:p

Original Poster

pinkkitty2007;2317665

Well i buy stuff for my dad. Its a mark of appreciation for everything he … Well i buy stuff for my dad. Its a mark of appreciation for everything he does for me and its only once a year. Your just stingy:p

good point then again women like buying :gift::p

Personally I never see the reason for buying people gifts, weather its bdays/farther/mother/xmas days.

"I don't know whether the weather will improve."

black gerbil1;2317690

good point then again women like buying :gift::pPersonally I never see … good point then again women like buying :gift::pPersonally I never see the reason for buying people gifts, weather its bdays/farther/mother/xmas days.

I bet you are popular in your house then!

pinkkitty2007;2317648

What is this Farther day you speak of...Its fathers day not farthers day

morris7;2317726

"I don't know whether the weather will improve."

:giggle:

Bet you like receiving them though, hey?!! lol

Original Poster

pinkkitty2007;2317750

I bet you are popular in your house then!

hannah19790;2317757

Bet you like receiving them though, hey?!! lol

im not a materialistic:p man

We don't bother with mothers/fathers day or valentines in my family we buy each other gifts and show appreciation throughout the year when we see something good.

My father does not deserve the name. He lives in the same town yet I didnt even get a birthday card ALL my life. Im 33 and for 32 yrs of those we pass one another in the street. My mother has been my mum and my dad.For those who have good fathers appeciate them, i admit i feel a pang of envy when I see my best friends relationship with her dad. I wish i had that. I never had a good male role model in my life. Like many others.

My fiance is more than a father to my children, he may not be their biological dad however the words my daughter wrote in his card this morning says it all..

" To Steven, thank you for everything you have ever done for me and jake, you ARE our dad"

It takes a special MAN to be a dad, you dont have to be the sperm provider..

It takes a special MAN to be a dad, you dont have to be the sperm … It takes a special MAN to be a dad, you dont have to be the sperm provider..

couldn't agree more!

Banned

pinkkitty2007;2317665

Well i buy stuff for my dad. Its a mark of appreciation for everything he … Well i buy stuff for my dad. Its a mark of appreciation for everything he does for me and its only once a year. Your just stingy:p

Spot on! Anything that gives you a chance to show your affection is fine by me. its hard for a bloke to show it so this day is great! :thumbsup:

You dont need to splash out on cards etcif you cant afford it- a simple phone call or making of a cup of tea/coffee is enough to show you care!

Kids made card and they got a choc bear with iced message from Thorntons yesterday,que was crazy.

Saturday,about 6 ppl in front,6 ppl behind me,and they got 1 assistant on.She not only serving icecreams but also icing and wrapping the products in clear wrap and putting whatever ribbon on etc.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win the ultimate Land Rover Rugby Prize11
      2. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card66
      3. Win a Year's Supply of Tea, a Coffee Hamper & a Coffee Machine54
      4. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…88

See more discussions