Groups

What is this Playstation 3 Bundle really worth?

What you WOULD pay, and what you would LIKE to pay any info would help.

Used Playstation3 Slim console, 6 games, with 2 controllers: 1 Sony original controller 1 Quick Act wireless controller.

Don't know how many GB it is??! however shows 'Free Space 95 GB/ 111GB' on system info screen.

Games;
    only 2 of them have the booklet: all have cases:
    1 Lego Indiana Jones
    2 Guitar Hero 3
    3 Ratchet & Clank (tools of destruction)
    4 Skate.
    5 Stormrise
    6 COD modern warfare

Apparently 6 months old, box thrown away and has had little usage as kids prefer the xbox?

Looks legit but would like your valued opinion as I am a complete nooby.

14 Comments

120gb

I would say its worth standard used price for a 120GB slim + £40

I would say +£20 those games ate all old and could be gathered up for a fiver each, could be a touch more if you could get the receipt as it would effectively still have six months warranty left

Original Poster

matt3454

120gbI would say its worth standard used price for a 120GB slim + £40

I really don't know what even a standard price for a used ps3 would be TBH..

Original Poster

If I got all this for say £170? would it be a good deal?

Are there any common faults with ps3 slim 120gb?

Banned

£170 is a good price. Any more isnt. The games are crap except COD modern warfare

Original Poster

csiman

£170 is a good price. Any more isnt. The games are crap except COD modern … £170 is a good price. Any more isnt. The games are crap except COD modern warfare

what if i sell the rest... what will i get

Banned

yeahbutitsnotfree

what if i sell the rest... what will i get

about £2 per game if you are lucky

Original Poster

csiman

about £2 per game if you are lucky

true true...

I really want a bargain though so even spending £164 on this pastime luxury is making me think twice. I'm buying outside of ebay so will be needing some advise on sending payments etc, although the lady selling it seems genuine.

yeahbutitsnotfree

true true...I really want a bargain though so even spending £164 on this … true true...I really want a bargain though so even spending £164 on this pastime luxury is making me think twice. I'm buying outside of ebay so will be needing some advise on sending payments etc, although the lady selling it seems genuine.

lol ur crazy, if your collecting the ps3 then fair enough, but if you pay her via paypal or bank transfers, what if she does not send the item.

if your on a tight budget just buy the fat ps3 unless you have a bravia tv and with bravia sync, you can always upgrade the hard-drive.

Banned

yeahbutitsnotfree

Well I have proof of the transaction with e-mails and i have also asked … Well I have proof of the transaction with e-mails and i have also asked her for her home phone number and bank details.. surely I can use this information if it comes to her not sending me the item.I would also be keeping the bank transfer slip that shows the money being sent into her account? Can anyone shows me other ways of retaining proof?

emails and bank transfer evidence is no good at all. thats how people get scammed you know.

if you cant see it all working and pick it up, then I would walk away

Original Poster

I'VE JUSTCHECKED PAYPAL AND THEY PROTECT ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED AS WELL AS ITEM NOT RECIEVED. This came into force in November 2010 AFAIK

This was copied and pasted from paypal,it was changed in November … This was copied and pasted from paypal,it was changed in November 2010:Protection for Buyers. Section 13 (Protection for Buyers) has been amended to reflect changes in PayPal’s protection for buyers. PayPal Buyer Protection covers eligible buyers for eligible items they purchase from sellers on eBay and, now, off the eBay website if they are not received -“Item Not Received” - or are “Significantly Not as Described.”

buyer protection off ebay- When you pay with PayPal on any website, we’re … buyer protection off ebay- When you pay with PayPal on any website, we’re here to help if you have a problem. If an item doesn’t arrive or doesn’t match its description then we’ll help you get all of your money back.

You guys stress me out for nothing.

£164 pay through paypal= Free
    recieved through paypal £164 (fees 3.4% + £0.20) -£5.78= £158.22

Now to just give her a call.

p.s she needs to write the full description in the paypal transaction (i.e used, fully working order etc etc)

Banned

This was copied and pasted from paypal,it was changed in November … This was copied and pasted from paypal,it was changed in November 2010:Protection for Buyers. Section 13 (Protection for Buyers) has been amended to reflect changes in PayPal’s protection for buyers. PayPal Buyer Protection covers eligible buyers for eligible items they purchase from sellers on eBay and, now, off the eBay website if they are not received -“Item Not Received” - or are “Significantly Not as Described.”

buyer protection off ebay- When you pay with PayPal on any website, … buyer protection off ebay- When you pay with PayPal on any website, we’re here to help if you have a problem. If an item doesn’t arrive or doesn’t match its description then we’ll help you get all of your money back.

jeez, thats gratitude for you!

/end
    Edited by: "csiman" 11th Feb 2011

Original Poster

csiman

jeez, thats gratitude for you!/end

Maybe you hav'nt seen all the '1 person likes this' in bold writng on every one of your posts on my thread..

Anyway I've just told you what i've found out in my last post.

In laymans terms PayPal Buyer Protection covers eligible buyers for eligible items they purchase from sellers on eBay and, now, off the eBay website if they are not received -“Item Not Received” - or are “Significantly Not as Described.”

Hey thanks for all your help guys
    She has sent me a paypal invoice for described item i.e Used Playstation3 Slim console, 6 games, with 2 controllers and now a tracking number for the parcel.
    Edited by: "yeahbutitsnotfree" 14th Feb 2011

Original Poster

Recieved the playstation, one joypad had a button that stayed down, told her about it and we settled for a £20 refund.
    p.s. she paid £21.40-something on p&p!

So here's what the bundle cost me in the end:
    Was £170 plus £14 p&p (highest bid on fleabay)
    I Offered £150 +£14 p&p
    Paid £164 on paypal.
    Refunded -£20
    Total = £144

Not bad but now you can get a brand new 320gb slim console for around £200
    Edited by: "yeahbutitsnotfree" 14th Feb 2011
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892630
      2. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial79
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764335
      4. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio1016

See more discussions