Expired

What is this power cable

Found 30th Jul
Could somebody tell me what this power cable is called?
I'm more interested in the 2 prong end not the box.
I've been told I need this to power a small fist tank I have.

Thanks for your help.

2999665-NKbxJ.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
looks like a 2pin DIN connector. Usually used for speakers on old audio equipment.
Do any pictures at the bottom of the pump itself show any power ratings, sometimes pumps are only 12v input or less to make them child safe, looks like you could be missing the rest of the adapter. May have to bin the pump and just get a new one from wilkinsons maybe hotukdeals.com/dea…287
Edited by: "SOUTHWALES" 30th Jul
You need this transformer/power supply to run the pump
biorb.com/en-…er/
Revhead0079 m ago

You need this transformer/power supply to run the …You need this transformer/power supply to run the pumphttp://www.biorb.com/en-gb/shop/aquarium-accessories/spare-parts/biorb-transformer/

If the adapter is more than £10 I would definitely go with the wilko pump as it is very quiet and far more reliable as it is a Piezoelectric model.

34539953-gXwi7.jpg
Thanks I've found what I need
Thanks to all your help
SOUTHWALES30th Jul

If the adapter is more than £10 I would definitely go with the wilko pump …If the adapter is more than £10 I would definitely go with the wilko pump as it is very quiet and far more reliable as it is a Piezoelectric model.[Image]

that's not a water pump which all fish tanks will need to run the filtration system, some uses added air pumps to oxygenate the water which is what that is for.
The op is obviously wanting to get the air pump up and running, what do you mean that is not a pump that fish tanks need to run the filteration system? most biorb tanks use an air pump to run the filter. It does not matter if the air pump is a different brand, they just connect it to the airline and it pumps air like most air pumps.

maddogb12 m ago

that's not a water pump which all fish tanks will need to run the …that's not a water pump which all fish tanks will need to run the filtration system, some uses added air pumps to oxygenate the water which is what that is for.

Edited by: "SOUTHWALES" 31st Jul
SOUTHWALES9 m ago

The op is obviously wanting to get the air pump up and running, what do …The op is obviously wanting to get the air pump up and running, what do you mean that is not a pump that fish tanks need to run the filteration system? most biorb tanks use an air pump to run the filter. It does not matter if the air pump is a different brand, they just connect it to the airline and it pumps air like most air pumps.

just saying the OP made no specific mention of type of pump but did indicate it was essential to the tank, whereas some tanks use water pumps for filters and air pumps for oxygenation.
The last tank i had used a similar connector to combi water pump/filter.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants