what is your favorite instant coffee?

Found 1st Sep 2015
I must have tried everything they sell at the supermarket.
My conclusion : anything douwe egberts (esp the gold roast), everything they sell seems to taste and look great as good as half decent filter coffee
definably more enjoyable than starbux

what's your favorite?
Community Updates
29 Comments
AAAHHHH a coffeeoseur like myself I used to love douwe egberts but believe it or not (and im not kildding) I switched to Lidls Granorom coffee... Lovely flavour and cheap only like £1.39 for 500g

As for the most part out and about I tend to go latte
Original Poster
shake the milk in a bottle for ages and just sprinkle on the coffee granules 3/4 the way in and pour on the rest of the milk
everyone loves and no ones yet worked out its instant
and I don't tell them cos they're are all coff snobs!
Best instant coffees, in my humble opinion: Nescafe Alta Rica, Nescafe Azera, Carte Noire (regular, as well as the Wholebean Instant variety).

I have a bean to cup machine but I do still like drinking (certain) instant coffees! Maybe I'm a bit weird!
PG Tips.
Red Mountain instant coffee has a lovely taste. Can be found in B&M £2.00 for 200g and also in Poundland £1 for 100g
cold press ftw
Original Poster
mattmerch

cold press ftw

yeah if you want coffee next month! (for the wait)

Edited by: "effingandjeffing" 1st Sep 2015
effingandjeffing

no brew concentrate overnight then you have instant real coffee

Edited by: "Infractionboi" 1st Sep 2015
Original Poster
bigkev2001

Red Mountain instant coffee has a lovely taste. Can be found in B&M £2.00 … Red Mountain instant coffee has a lovely taste. Can be found in B&M £2.00 for 200g and also in Poundland £1 for 100g

oh no sorry, tasted like burnt tyres!
Original Poster
mattmerch

no brew concentrate overnight then you have instant real coffee

i will try, got jamie oliver recipe here > Your text here

Edited by: "effingandjeffing" 1st Sep 2015
Original Poster
I tried brewed coffee with wild garlic,honey, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger
puts hairs on your chest and cures at least 150 disorders
I have the same taste as the OP. I used to enjoy the flavoured variants, but I haven't seen them in supermarkets lately.
Kenco dark roast ( the blue 1 ) (_;)
Original Poster
transit

Kenco dark roast ( the blue 1 ) (_;)

why are the refills always more expensive than the jar on offer?!
effingandjeffing

why are the refills always more expensive than the jar on offer?!

Clever marketing......... or not.
I used to love the Nescafe extra forte instant imported from brazil, but recently doesn't seem to have the same kick. Recently finished jars of the Kenco blue top amd Aldi Colombian - both good. About to try some of the new barista style - Azera and Millicano
Carte Noire, discovered it while travelling through France
Edited by: "Splodger101" 1st Sep 2015
LIDL Fairglobe Fairtrade Highland Organic Freeze Dried Instant Coffee, tastes lovely.

http://www.supermarketownbrandguide.co.uk/images/lidl_6198.jpg

lidlcommunity.co.uk/t5/…990

Another vote for Aldi Columbian, very nice instant coffee.
Original Poster
momartin

Another vote for Aldi Columbian, very nice instant coffee.

bet it's all white and powdery
effingandjeffing

bet it's all white and powdery

It's quite addictive to be honest!!
tea for me vicar
Tesco gold, own brand.
I am difficult to please when it comes to food and drink as I just like very few things. I don't like any coffee except instant nescafe granules
Caret Noire and Milicano
I haven't tried the Aldi or Lidl ones so can't comment on those (but going to try them now!) Otherwise, my favourite is Kenco Millicano. For decaf, I like the Kenco instant decaf with the green lid.
NEtech

LIDL Fairglobe Fairtrade Highland Organic Freeze Dried Instant Coffee, … LIDL Fairglobe Fairtrade Highland Organic Freeze Dried Instant Coffee, tastes lovely.https://www.lidlcommunity.co.uk/t5/Food-Drink/Fairtrade-coffee/td-p/5990

Last coffee I had was Mellow Birds.
Douwe Egberts do the best de-caf. Tastes just like the real thing but without the after effects IMHO.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions