What is your favourite movie line & from which movie

Found 28th Sep 2010
What is your favourite movie line & from which movie

I think one of the best ones has got to be "i'll be back" - Arnie From terminator movies.

I also liked "since when did you become the physical type" Biff (or was it Griff) from back to the future ii

1. Misc
  2. Movie
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Movie
66 Comments

can i keep you

Original Poster

linw

can i keep you

What movie?

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you. " from Taken

YOU'RE MY BOY BLUE!

'I'm just a girl standing in front of a boy asking him to love me' from Notting Hill

Original Poster

richp

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking … "I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you. " from Taken

Yeah, i remember that one. pretty good.

btw, did you memorise all that?

I also love that biff line in back to the future 2. It's the tone in his voice. I rather sadly often use that quote of any of my friends act a bit tough. I also pretend to push a button which makes a chicken noise. Also if anyone runs I tend to yell "run for it Marty!!" in a mad doc brown voice. Yeah...... I love back to the future I'm not ashamed!!

BRAVEHEART That’s my friend, Irish. And the answer is yes, you fight for me, you get to kill the English. 2. Excellent! Steven is my name. I’m the most wanted man on my island, even though I’m not on my island, of course, more’s the pity. 3. Your island? You mean Ireland? 2. Yeah, it’s mine. 3. You’re a madman.

fern37

'I'm just a girl standing in front of a boy asking him to love me' from … 'I'm just a girl standing in front of a boy asking him to love me' from Notting Hill

I like that too.

Original Poster

gbspurs

I also love that biff line in back to the future 2. It's the tone in his … I also love that biff line in back to the future 2. It's the tone in his voice. I rather sadly often use that quote of any of my friends act a bit tough. I also pretend to push a button which makes a chicken noise. Also if anyone runs I tend to yell "run for it Marty!!" in a mad doc brown voice. Yeah...... I love back to the future I'm not ashamed!!

+1 lol

r4ge

Yeah, i remember that one. pretty good.btw, did you memorise all that?

lol yeah, its a particular skill I've acquired over a very long career .................:p

wonkey

"phones ringing Dude"

- The Big Lebowski!

Banned

"Damn you. Damn you all to hell."

"I have a wife you know. And do you know what her name is? ...."

Don't think. FEEL. It's like a finger pointing at the moon.

Bruce Lee - Enter the Dragon
Edited by: "rchan" 28th Sep 2010

You can put a cat in an oven, but that don't make it a biscuit.

Sidney Deane - White Men Can't Jump
Edited by: "rchan" 28th Sep 2010

What you lookin' at? You all a bunch of f*ckin' assholes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be? You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your f*ckin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say good night to the bad guy! Come on. The last time you gonna see a bad guy like this again, let me tell you. Come on. Make way for the bad guy. There's a bad guy comin' through! Better get outta his way! - Scarface

Original Poster

Wax On, Wax Off - karate kid

I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry.

Banned

"God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy **** we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very **** off. "

Fight Club

one of my favorite films for quotes ... Outlaw Josey Wales...

Josey Wales: When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

and

Bounty hunter: You're wanted, Wales.
Josey Wales: Reckon I'm right popular. You a bounty hunter?
Bounty hunter: A man's got to do something for a living these days.
Josey Wales: Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy.
Edited by: "mosskeeto" 28th Sep 2010

More of a speech but.......

Why shouldn't I work for the N.S.A.? That's a tough one, but I'll take a shot. Say I'm working at N.S.A. Somebody puts a code on my desk, something nobody else can break. Maybe I take a shot at it and maybe I break it. And I'm real happy with myself, 'cause I did my job well. But maybe that code was the location of some rebel army in North Africa or the Middle East. Once they have that location, they bomb the village where the rebels were hiding and fifteen hundred people I never met, never had no problem with, get killed. Now the politicians are sayin', "Oh, send in the Marines to secure the area" 'cause they don't give a ****. It won't be their kid over there, gettin' shot. Just like it wasn't them when their number got called, 'cause they were pullin' a tour in the National Guard. It'll be some kid from Southie takin' shrapnel in the ass. And he comes back to find that the plant he used to work at got exported to the country he just got back from. And the guy who put the shrapnel in his ass got his old job, 'cause he'll work for fifteen cents a day and no bathroom breaks. Meanwhile, he realizes the only reason he was over there in the first place was so we could install a government that would sell us oil at a good price. And, of course, the oil companies used the skirmish over there to scare up domestic oil prices. A cute little ancillary benefit for them, but it ain't helping my buddy at two-fifty a gallon. And they're takin' their sweet time bringin' the oil back, of course, and maybe even took the liberty of hiring an alcoholic skipper who likes to drink martinis and ****' play slalom with the icebergs, and it ain't too long 'til he hits one, spills the oil and kills all the sea life in the North Atlantic. So now my buddy's out of work and he can't afford to drive, so he's got to walk to the ****' job interviews, which sucks 'cause the shrapnel in his ass is givin' him chronic hemorrhoids. And meanwhile he's starvin', 'cause every time he tries to get a bite to eat, the only blue plate special they're servin' is North Atlantic scrod with Quaker State. So what did I think? I'm holdin' out for somethin' better. I figure **** it, while I'm at it why not just shoot my buddy, take his job, give it to his sworn enemy, hike up gas prices, bomb a village, club a baby seal, hit the hash pipe and join the National Guard? I could be elected president.

Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy #### with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the ####### trigger 'til it goes "click."

“I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die"
Bladerunner

''Nobody puts baby in the corner''

Banned

Pull my pants down.

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration? I didn't mean to do that. … I'm sorry, did I break your concentration? I didn't mean to do that. Please, continue, you were saying something about best intentions. What's the matter? Oh, you were finished! Well, allow me to retort. What does Marsellus Wallace look like?

Pulp Fiction

Banned

vibeone

Pull my pants down.

Reported for soliciting.

If your a bird,I'm a bird.

I gave her my heart, and she gave me a pen.

Has to be Bricktop

Do you know what nemesis means? A righteous infliction of retribution … Do you know what nemesis means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible C**T— me.

Banned

Funny how? Funny like a clown? Im put here to amuse you? (Tommy Goodfellas)

John Merrick, 'The Elephant Man'

People are frightened by what they don't understand.

Gabriel Shear, 'Swordfish'

You know what the problem with Hollywood is? They make sh!t. … You know what the problem with Hollywood is? They make sh!t. Unbelievable, unremarkable sh!t. Now I'm not some grungy wannabe filmmaker that's searching for existentialism through a haze of bong smoke or something. No, it's easy to pick apart bad acting, short-sighted directing, and a purely moronic stringing together of words that many of the studios term as "prose". No, I'm talking about the lack of realism. Realism; not a pervasive element in today's modern American cinematic vision. Take Dog Day Afternoon, for example. Arguably Pacino's best work, short of Scarface and Godfather Part 1, of course. Masterpiece of directing, easily Lumet's best. The cinematography, the acting, the screenplay, all top-notch. But... they didn't push the envelope. Now what if in Dog Day, Sonny REALLY wanted to get away with it? What if - now here's the tricky part - what if he started killing hostages right away? No mercy, no quarter. "Meet our demands or the pretty blonde in the bellbottoms gets it the back of the head." Bam, splat! What, still no bus? Come on! How many innocent victims splattered across a window would it take to have the city reverse its policy on hostage situations? And this is 1976; there's no CNN, there's no CNBC, there's no internet! Now fast forward to today, present time, same situation. How quickly would the modern media make a frenzy over this? In a matter of hours, it'd be biggest story from Boston to Budapest! Ten hostages die, twenty, thirty; bam bam, right after another, all caught in high-def, computer-enhanced, color corrected. You can practically taste the brain matter. All for what? A bus, a plane? A couple of million dollars that's federally insured? I don't think so. Just a thought. I mean, it's not within the realm of conventional cinema... but what if?

BFN,

fp.

Banned

Thread pronounced dead at 00:57.

Banned

vibeone

r4ge

What movie?

casper i think when he turns into a boy till 10 and he says it to her when there dancing

Are you trying to seduce me Mrs Robinson - The Graduate!

What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

Obey my dog!!!!!

zoolander

Banned

vibeone

LOOOL

I don't know what to say really. Three minutes till the biggest battle of our professional lives. It all comes down to today. Now either we heal as a team, or we're gonna crumble. Inch by inch, play by play, till we're finished. We're in hell right now, gentlemen. Believe me. And we can stay here, get the **** kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb out of hell. One inch at a time.

Now I can't do it for you. I'm too old. I look around, I see these young faces, and I think... I mean I've made every wrong choice a middle-aged man can make. I **** away all my money, believe it or not. I chased off anyone who's ever loved me, and lately, I can't even stand the face I see in the mirror. You know when you get old in life, things get taken from you. That's part of life. But you only learn that when you start losing stuff. You find out life's this game of inches. And so is football. Because in either game, life or football, the margin for error is so small. I mean... one half a step too late or too early and you don't quite make it. One half second too slow too fast, you don't quite catch it. The inches we need are everywhere around us. They are in every break of the game, every minute, every second. On this team, we fight for that inch. On this team, we tear ourselves and everyone else around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches, that's gonna make the **** difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying! I'll tell you this - in any fight, its the guy whose willing to die who's gonna win that inch. And I know if I'm going to have any life anymore, it's because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch. Because that's what living is! The 6 inches in front of your face...

Now I can't make you do it. You've got to look at the guy next to you, look into his eyes. Now I think you're gonna see a guy who will go that inch with you. You're gonna see a guy who will sacrifice himself for this team, because he knows when it comes down to it, you're gonna do the same for him.

That's a team, gentlemen. And either we heal, now, as a team, or we will die, as individuals. That's football, guys. That's all it is. Now, what are you going to do?

Post a comment
@
    Text