Groups

What is your favourite TV programme?

What is your favourite TV programme (and why)? Anything you'd recommend others to watch?

57 Comments

are you after a particular genre otherwise you could be here for a while

Original Poster

My favourite since being recommended a year ago - a quite niche but awesome wrestling production called Lucha Underground. Normally on the El Rey Network but since we can't get that in the UK I have to go through DailyMotion to watch it. More of a TV show than wrestling, the production and storylines are top notch, everyone in ring comes out looking strong (no jobber looks as the storyline backs up their reputation brilliantly), and wrestling in it is more of an art form. Also no separation of sexes, both sexes fight each other. The wrestlers treat their character like real life, going through Aztec Lucha mythical personas akin to Mortal Kombat.
    Edited by: "hass123" 13th Oct 2016

youtube.com/wat…td4

This kept me awake for three days after I saw it a few months back on the TV channel Challenge, they had all the prizes too!

Original Poster

archer1204

Don't mind, hopefully this becomes a misc mega thread like the others. I'm always looking for new TV to watch and want to see what others are watching atm.
    Edited by: "hass123" 13th Oct 2016

BBC news , although I accept it and any other factual Current Affairs programme won't have much of a following on this site oO
    Edited by: "rogparki" 13th Oct 2016

I have just watched a series called camping on now tv catch up. (sky Atlantic)
    brilliant acting, if you get that kind of comedy.

Graham1979

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ5mpmB7td4This kept me awake for three … https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ5mpmB7td4This kept me awake for three days after I saw it a few months back on the TV channel Challenge, they had all the prizes too!

http://www.scentimental.com/images/fllookg.JPG

rogparki

BBC news , although I accept it and any other factual Current Affairs … BBC news , although I accept it and any other factual Current Affairs programme won't have much of a following on this site oO

BBC is overrun with EU-loving corbynista paedos...

Best of all time for me - Breaking Bad

Can I nominate Fawlty Towers even though it was on the BBC? Still the best comedy on TV 41 years after it was first broadcast.

I have really enjoyed both Ballers, and Narcos. Ballers is loosely based upon American football financial management... Sound great right. However the characters and plotlines are brilliant, really well acted. Narcos is based on the real life story OK Pablo Escobar. Again brilliant actors. Check them out.

BBC News channel 107.

Original Poster

RonChew

Can I nominate Fawlty Towers even though it was on the BBC? Still the … Can I nominate Fawlty Towers even though it was on the BBC? Still the best comedy on TV 41 years after it was first broadcast.

I have the boxset, absolute classic

Anybody remember Chelmsford 123 ?

archer1204

of, "It's a bulllllseye! And here's your host - Jiiiim Bowen!"

"Stay out of the black and into the red, Nothing in this game for two in a bed." X)

summerof76

of, "It's a bulllllseye! And here's your host - Jiiiim Bowen!""Stay out … of, "It's a bulllllseye! And here's your host - Jiiiim Bowen!""Stay out of the black and into the red, Nothing in this game for two in a bed." X)

​and you've won a speedboat, great for Leeds Liverpool canal.

shadey12

​and you've won a speedboat, great for Leeds Liverpool canal.

I wanted to win a caravan

Father Ted
    The Walking Dead
    Game of Thrones

summerof76

youtube.com/wat…ySE

summerof76

​thats what you would have won, take it away lads. you've still got you bendy bully.

shadey12

​thats what you would have won, take it away lads. you've still got you b … ​thats what you would have won, take it away lads. you've still got you bendy bully.

RonChew

BBC is overrun with EU-loving corbynista paedos...

Ha

summerof76

​And the bus fare home!

Dyslexic_Dog

​And the bus fare home!

Thats not too bad X)

Six Feet Under.
    The West Wing.

archer1204

Pretty sure that is the point...

RossD89

Pretty sure that is the point...

Well in that case its going to be an extremely long thread

archer1204

Well in that case its going to be an extremely long thread

Do you actually think before you type?
    Edited by: "RossD89" 13th Oct 2016

summerof76

Thats not too bad X)

​and a set of bullseye darts and the £38 I counted out during the adverts.

game of thrones, is why tv was invented lol
    the walking dead, and just finished season 1 of mr robot, really enjoyed that. After that it'll be sons of anarchy, heard that's great too

I like quiz programmes, and my favourite is Only Connect, with the lovely Victoria Coren Mitchell

I also really like Dragons' Den

Westworld is a new (HBO I think) show on Sky Atlantic, and I'm enjoying it thus far

The West Wing.

shadey12

​and a set of bullseye darts and the £38 I counted out during the adverts.

Great as I love darts 180

Vikings was so good watched them all on Amazon prime, Now eagerly awaiting next series (season 5)
    http://cdn-static.sidereel.com/tv_shows/53934/giant_2x/Vikings-Season3-ShowcardVertical3x4.jpg
    Edited by: "Moonwolf1976" 14th Oct 2016

any star trek

spooks

game of thrones

Versailles

have I got news for you

Victoria
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767311
      2. word survey1014
      3. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …1730
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7171349

See more discussions