Groups

What is your first go to search engine?

Is it google?

22 Comments

Google, as it's my homepage

used to always be ask jeeves but changed to google ages ago and never went back!

if you want the statistics google it

google knows everything

google

Original Poster

so why do we all use google then u think?

because the search algorythms used are very good in finding things and they sort out alot of the rubbish from what you want.

i think its a great tool.

Rupz

because the search algorythms used are very good in finding things and … because the search algorythms used are very good in finding things and they sort out alot of the rubbish from what you want. i think its a great tool.

^^ wat dis gai sed

google ftw!
    Edited by: "numptyj" 21st Mar 2011

Rupz

I use google..... its knows how i work plus its a very powderful tool if … I use google..... its knows how i work plus its a very powderful tool if you use it well, such as the advanced searches and patends, scholar etc. I study for a postgraduate degree and use google as it find me what i need.

it also good for cheqing speeling miss steaks

I want to know why Google can pull up millions of results in fractions of a second but my pc takes minutes to find a word document.

splatsplatsplat

it also good for cheqing speeling miss steaks

eye no bud eye dough'nt no xacly hoe et wurkx

PC is reasonable actually, i3, 8gb RAM.

Google.com and Google.co.uk make up roughly 95-98% of the worlds searches using ALL search engines. I work in Search Engine Optimisation =D

Ruscoe21

Google.com and Google.co.uk make up roughly 95-98% of the worlds searches … Google.com and Google.co.uk make up roughly 95-98% of the worlds searches using ALL search engines. I work in Search Engine Optimisation =D

Are you sure about this?? As basically what you are saying is that google hold ~98% of the search engine market? If this was the case, why would microsoft go in and try and muscle google's share?

Rupz

Are you sure about this?? As basically what you are saying is that google … Are you sure about this?? As basically what you are saying is that google hold ~98% of the search engine market? If this was the case, why would microsoft go in and try and muscle google's share?

Just competition really. Microsoft will be merging with Yahoo soon, which was the first big search engine. Yahoo will basically cease their search engine and just use the Microsoft Bing search engine, and Yahoo will focus on their other businesses such as games etc...

Rupz

Are you sure about this?? As basically what you are saying is that google … Are you sure about this?? As basically what you are saying is that google hold ~98% of the search engine market? If this was the case, why would microsoft go in and try and muscle google's share?

Because Google have a massive share to steal?

mine is HUKD

Also Google makes nothing from people searching. They make money from Google AdSense and AdWords. All those stupid ads you see, they get a cut from people clicking on it and companies pay to appear in certain positions.

As of Feb 2011 in the US

http://www.hitwise.com/files/6512/9968/3758/2011.02_Search%20Engines_Percent%20of%20US%20Searches%20among%20leading%20search%20engine%20providers.JPG

UK will be similar

Edited by: "dre1988" 21st Mar 2011

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0907/googles-opinion-strawberry-nipple-google-computer-funny-demotivational-poster-1249079819.jpg

magicbeans

Your rather kinky magic lol..... i bet thats the exact page you were looking for
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1220
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764435
      3. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?1631
      4. Anyone else used www.completesavings.co.uk11

See more discussions