Groups

What is your job and how much do you get paid? (Serious thread)

What is your job?
    How much do you get paid?
    What qualifications do you need for your job?
    How long have you been doing your job for?
    How much did you get paid in your first year?
    Do you enjoy your job?

91 Comments

Original Poster

What is your job?
    How much do you get paid?
    What qualifications do you need for your job?
    How long have you been doing your job for?
    How much did you get paid in your first year?
    Do you enjoy your job?
    How easy is it to get a job in the industry?

1. Environmental Health Officer
    2. None of your business
    3. A degree and a professional diploma
    4. 7 years.
    5. See '2'
    6. Yes

Why do you want to know?

The JFK;3819436

What is your job?How much do you get paid?What qualifications do you need … What is your job?How much do you get paid?What qualifications do you need for your job?How long have you been doing your job for?How much did you get paid in your first year?Do you enjoy your job?

as of january ill be on a minimum of £1200pm which aint shabby for a 19yr old i guess...i work for haven by the way, didnt need qualifications they train you, i started in june and i looooove it i dont do much and its easy,plus im working with great people that u can go clubbing with every week :p.....what do u do?

I think he's trying to decide on his future vocation, either that or he's just nosey.

[QUOTE=moob;3819463]1. Environmental Health Officer
    For a County Council then?

What is your job? Marketing Consultant (Media)
    How much do you get paid? Too Much
    What qualifications do you need for your job? Degree and personality
    How long have you been doing your job for? 4 years
    How much did you get paid in your first year? Still Too Much
    Do you enjoy your job? Not really, but i enjoy the money and nice car

Original Poster

saayinla;3819468

Why do you want to know?

Because I need to start deciding what I want to do for a career.

I'm alreading running a mini business but I need to start thinking what else I can do.

Teaching Assistant
    Not Enough!!
    NVQ 3
    6 Years
    Can't remember
    Love it

Original Poster

mbgringo;3819499

What is your job? Marketing Consultant (Media)How much do you get paid? … What is your job? Marketing Consultant (Media)How much do you get paid? Too MuchWhat qualifications do you need for your job? Degree and personalityHow long have you been doing your job for? 4 yearsHow much did you get paid in your first year? Still Too MuchDo you enjoy your job? Not really, but i enjoy the money and nice car

Once you have the qualifications, how easy is it to get a job in the industry?

pcnutta;3819497

[QUOTE=moob;3819463]1. Environmental Health Officer For a County Council … [QUOTE=moob;3819463]1. Environmental Health Officer For a County Council then?

Yeah, a local authority.

moob;3819520

[QUOTE=pcnutta;3819497]Yeah, a local authority.

me to0:thumbsup:

I give u lot work:thumbsup:

The JFK;3819513

Once you have the qualifications, how easy is it to get a job in the … Once you have the qualifications, how easy is it to get a job in the industry?

Pot of urine.

You can get post grad positions at places, but may be worth doing a couple of years on the sales side to understand both sides of the marketplace before taking the plunge into consultancy. But mainly, you will schmooze at pretentious events with pretentious a*ses, make a good impression on drunken bufoons and you are set.

pcnutta;3819529

[QUOTE=moob;3819520]me to0:thumbsup:I give u lot work:thumbsup:

How? Do you create food poisoning outbreaks or something?:whistling:

What is your job? Santa
    How much do you get paid? A few groats
    What qualifications do you need for your job? Like night work
    How long have you been doing your job for? Too long
    How much did you get paid in your first year? A couple of groats
    Do you enjoy your job?Yeah......Only work one day a year
    How easy is it to get a job in the industry? Dead man's shoes

hahahhhah no i pass the complaints onto your Dept for investigating.
    Normally pest infestation complaints though.etcc

pcnutta;3819550

hahahhhah no i pass the complaints onto your Dept for … hahahhhah no i pass the complaints onto your Dept for investigating.Normally pest infestation complaints though.etcc

Ahh right. I don't deal with pest infestations though, we pass that onto the pest control officers.

I mainly do inspections, air quality research, take enforcement action and p*ss people off.:thumbsup:

What is your job? British Army
    How much do you get paid? Enough to enjoy life
    What qualifications do you need for your job? Not as many as people seem to think
    How long have you been doing your job for? 1 year
    How much did you get paid in your first year? Enough to live off
    Do you enjoy your job? Yes varied work and good travel included
    How easy is it to get a job in the industry? A little work involved to get there, like the selection course nd fitness helps

ahh in our Council the Env Health go out to visit, inspect, tell me what they find then get it sorted.

Im thinking of shadowing an officer in Env Health... could be fun! lol

What is your job? None of your Business
    How much do you get paid? As above
    What qualifications do you need for your job? As above
    How long have you been doing your job for? As above
    How much did you get paid in your first year? As above
    Do you enjoy your job? As above

shauneco;3819604

What is your job? None of your Business How much do you get paid? As … What is your job? None of your Business How much do you get paid? As aboveWhat qualifications do you need for your job? As aboveHow long have you been doing your job for? As aboveHow much did you get paid in your first year? As aboveDo you enjoy your job? As above

bored much?

Banned

The JFK;3819436

What is your job?[COLOR=red]MI & KPI Analyst[/COLOR]How much do you get … What is your job?[COLOR=red]MI & KPI Analyst[/COLOR]How much do you get paid?[COLOR=red]Not enough![/COLOR][COLOR=red]If I was being paid £200K+ I would still say NOT ENOUGH[/COLOR]What qualifications do you need for your job?[COLOR=red]Degree[/COLOR]How long have you been doing your job for?[COLOR=red]2.5 years[/COLOR]How much did you get paid in your first year?[COLOR=red]NOT ENOUGH[/COLOR]Do you enjoy your job?[COLOR=red]NO[/COLOR]How easy is it to get a job in the industry?[COLOR=red]Easy...but not my job[/COLOR]

kungfu;3819616

bored much?

Bored lots

Original Poster

shauneco;3819604

What is your job? None of your Business How much do you get paid? As … What is your job? None of your Business How much do you get paid? As aboveWhat qualifications do you need for your job? As aboveHow long have you been doing your job for? As aboveHow much did you get paid in your first year? As aboveDo you enjoy your job? As above

[IMG]farm2.static.flickr.com/143…jpg?v=0[/IMG]

jellybaby22;3819622

my job...professional whinger...dont get paid.....no holidays....

What gender you are doesnt count as a job

i save lives

What is your job? Creator Of All aka God
    How much do you get paid? N/A
    What qualifications do you need for your job? Nothing
    How long have you been doing your job for? Infinity
    How much did you get paid in your first year? N/A
    Do you enjoy your job? Not really

The JFK;3819501

Because I need to start deciding what I want to do for a career. I'm … Because I need to start deciding what I want to do for a career. I'm alreading running a mini business but I need to start thinking what else I can do.

If I were you i ll think of making the mini business you already have better. I am thinking of starting a business, for me self employment is the way forward, i ve done it before and I ll do it again, enough of sucking up to some people.

Original Poster

shauneco;3819704

What is your job? Creator Of All aka GodHow much do you get paid? N/AWhat … What is your job? Creator Of All aka GodHow much do you get paid? N/AWhat qualifications do you need for your job? NothingHow long have you been doing your job for? Infinity How much did you get paid in your first year? N/A Do you enjoy your job? Not really

Stop trolling in my thread.

JFK have you thought of looking at modern apprenticeships? Get paid to learn and unlike those coming out of uni you'll have job experience in the field also.

Original Poster

bailey2k4;3819726

JFK have you thought of looking at modern apprenticeships? Get paid to … JFK have you thought of looking at modern apprenticeships? Get paid to learn and unlike those coming out of uni you'll have job experience in the field also.

Yeah I've thought about it. I just have no idea what field of work I want to go into.

bailey2k4;3819726

JFK have you thought of looking at modern apprenticeships? Get paid to … JFK have you thought of looking at modern apprenticeships? Get paid to learn and unlike those coming out of uni you'll have job experience in the field also.

degrees are better than MA

Original Poster

addyliver;3819842

Why is that?

addyliver;3819842

Sweeping statement, horses for courses I'd say.

Original Poster

roadrunner1;3819932

Sweeping statement, horses for courses I'd say.

:santa:

whats youre mini buisness?

What is your job? DNA Analyst / Forensic science person
    How much do you get paid? More than enough to live on but pretty low
    What qualifications do you need for your job? Relevant degree (possibly masters too)
    How long have you been doing your job for? 3 months
    How much did you get paid in your first year? Many thousands less than I would get in any other area with the same qualifications - do not go into this field for the money!
    Do you like your job? Bit repetitive but haven't been trained much yet

Original Poster

ALEXSHEFF92;3820209

whats youre mini buisness?

I buy stuff in bulk from a wholesalers, improve it and sell it on Ebay for a nice profit.

Original Poster

Nememene;3820220

What is your job? DNA Analyst / Forensic science personHow much do you … What is your job? DNA Analyst / Forensic science personHow much do you get paid? More than enough to live on but pretty lowWhat qualifications do you need for your job? Relevant degree (possibly masters too)How long have you been doing your job for? 3 monthsHow much did you get paid in your first year? Many thousands less than I would get in any other area with the same qualifications - do not go into this field for the money!Do you like your job? Bit repetitive but haven't been trained much yet

So why did you go into that field of work? It seems as if you have to do a lot of training, you don't get paid a lot and it's not very enjoyable.

Is there a lot of money to be earnt as you become more experience or something?

What is your job? Police
    How much do you get paid? Starting salary is somewhere around £20k and increases depending on length of service and rank
    What qualifications do you need for your job? Few GCSE's... Nothing too major
    How long have you been doing your job for? 3yrs as a regular.. 2 years as a special
    How much did you get paid in your first year? round £19k
    Do you like your job? Yes and thats the reason I do it.. I've been approached by various companies since leaving school who offer a hell of a lot more money than what the police pay.You've got to get a job which pays the bills but one you enjoy. What could be better than dealing with people who just want to fight you?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains109
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick1010
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2121

See more discussions