What is your latest B&M bargain?

Posted 14th Sep
I went to B&M to get a drink and saw some Cadbury Oreo Bites for 80p, but they went through at 10p.

The best before date isn't short (13/01/2020), no damage to the packaging or chocolate either.

Winner winner chicken dinner!
3294131.jpg3294131.jpgWhat is your latest B&M bargain? Leave it in the comments below
Community Updates
Misc
11 Comments
1p off something that was 99p
How? If I have something that is reduced to clear in B&M, they have to call the manager over every time to allow it. Can't be bothered anymore.
splatsplatsplat14/09/2019 10:51

How? If I have something that is reduced to clear in B&M, they have to …How? If I have something that is reduced to clear in B&M, they have to call the manager over every time to allow it. Can't be bothered anymore.

The cashier just typed the code on the reduction sticker on the till and that was it. No manager involved. I suppose that may be because it's just a bag of chocolate, more expensive items may be a different process
andrewworrall114/09/2019 11:00

The cashier just typed the code on the reduction sticker on the till and …The cashier just typed the code on the reduction sticker on the till and that was it. No manager involved. I suppose that may be because it's just a bag of chocolate, more expensive items may be a different process

10p reductions are system reductions. Managers know it's coming and will sometimes try reducing to clear stock out before they go to 10p. Obviously failed in this case.
Rubisco14/09/2019 13:12

10p reductions are system reductions. Managers know it's coming and will …10p reductions are system reductions. Managers know it's coming and will sometimes try reducing to clear stock out before they go to 10p. Obviously failed in this case.

There was only one bag with an 80p reduction sticker, but it went through at 10p. Would that have been there for some time and even though it said 80p, it was now due to scan at 10p because of that?
andrewworrall114/09/2019 13:22

There was only one bag with an 80p reduction sticker, but it went through …There was only one bag with an 80p reduction sticker, but it went through at 10p. Would that have been there for some time and even though it said 80p, it was now due to scan at 10p because of that?

Yeah, everything in B&M eventually drops to 10p automatically.
Rubisco14/09/2019 13:34

Yeah, everything in B&M eventually drops to 10p automatically.

Super to know. Just reduced to clear items, or even permanent items? I use the B&M app to check prices regardless of what it says on the shelf as not everything is always up to date in terms of prices
I have never seen a bargain in our local one, I could find practically everything in store cheaper elsewhere
niconelove14/09/2019 14:41

I have never seen a bargain in our local one, I could find practically …I have never seen a bargain in our local one, I could find practically everything in store cheaper elsewhere

I dislike the store quite a bit. They hire the worst kind of staff in every store I have been in (they either don't pay enough for the staff to care about all about anything, or specifically hire staff no other employer would so that they have better retention)

Stores are cluttered and stuff on pallets/cages everywhere, I find it similar to Tkmaxx no real bargains just designed to make you think there are!
andrewworrall114/09/2019 13:45

Super to know. Just reduced to clear items, or even permanent items? I use …Super to know. Just reduced to clear items, or even permanent items? I use the B&M app to check prices regardless of what it says on the shelf as not everything is always up to date in terms of prices

Even the permanent items. The most common bargains that get missed by staff are when new stock comes in of exactly the same item with a different 6-digit "item code" and barcode, and the old stock gets reduced so keep an eye out for packaging that looks slightly different. Especially differences in the price of pricemarked stock.
360finder14/09/2019 17:25

I dislike the store quite a bit. They hire the worst kind of staff in …I dislike the store quite a bit. They hire the worst kind of staff in every store I have been in (they either don't pay enough for the staff to care about all about anything, or specifically hire staff no other employer would so that they have better retention)Stores are cluttered and stuff on pallets/cages everywhere, I find it similar to Tkmaxx no real bargains just designed to make you think there are!

Totally agree, always queues, never more than 2 people on tills, and turnover seems to be quite high....and never prices on some of the products on shelves...was in one couple of hours ago and could hear them moaning it had been busy and why had it been busy...?, next min outside having a fag....!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants