Groups

what is your traditional christmas dinner???

MY first xmas cooking for the family and after trawling the supermarkets and looking at scrumptious dinners online I decided theres like a million different things people have for xmas dinner... i dont have a bloody plate big enough lol what do you have for your xmas dinner??

22 Comments

if i had the choice it would have to be a full english so much better then roast turkey.....

If your plates aren't big enough, invest in new ones! lol

turkey,roast potatoes,stuffing,pigs in blankets,parsnips,carrots,sprouts,yorkshire puds and gravy.
    for pudding xmas pud with brandy sauce or for them that dont like it chocolate pudding with cream.

Usually turkey, i don't really like it, but the wife does so i cook it

We will have goose one day though!!

Turkey, Gammon, Yorkshire Puds, Mash, Roasters (home made yum) Roast parsnips, usual veg, sprouts for those who like yuk! Sausages wrapped in bacon and thick yummy gravy. Ooo my mouth is watering thinking of it!

We have the traditional turkey. Also cook a joint of beef as the family would all go somewhere else for dinner if I didn't cook my roast spuds in the beef juices .

greyparrot;7178551

turkey,roast potatoes,stuffing,pigs in … turkey,roast potatoes,stuffing,pigs in blankets,parsnips,carrots,sprouts,yorkshire puds and gravy.for pudding xmas pud with brandy sauce or for them that dont like it chocolate pudding with cream.

+1

Always have salmon and avocado for starters as well :santa:

Original Poster

they all sound amazing I cant wait!! I'm thinkin of havin a few meats like turkey chicken beef and lamb.. if it doesnt go on christmas day it will on boxing day!!

SuperEd

mcdonalds drive thru.... nah joking LOL turkey+ ,trimmings pigs in blankets,loads of sprouts + roast potatoes + y puds n gravy

aaron14danni;7178695

they all sound amazing I cant wait!! I'm thinkin of havin a few meats … they all sound amazing I cant wait!! I'm thinkin of havin a few meats like turkey chicken beef and lamb.. if it doesnt go on christmas day it will on boxing day!!

I wouldn't bother doing turkey and chicken, bit samey, but I like the idea of turkey and beef. yum, lol

sancho1983;7178555

Usually turkey, i don't really like it, but the wife does so i cook it … Usually turkey, i don't really like it, but the wife does so i cook it :)We will have goose one day though!!

We are having goose this year... is it nice i have been told it is very fatty x

That's why it's nice!!

Pot noodles.

having a whole leg of lamb for xmas with veg etc, xmas pud and brandy butter and salmon mousse

boxing day having whole turkey/baked ham/whole salmon, roulade, chocolate torte and mojito cheese cake

plus 2 cases of white wine, 2 cases of champs plus peach juice for belini's

Tinkytayls;7178723

We are having goose this year... is it nice i have been told it is very … We are having goose this year... is it nice i have been told it is very fatty x

The meat itself is quite lean, but there will be a lot of fat in the skin. It's delicious! And who cares if it IS fatty. It's Christmas - get FATTER!!

List:
    Food:
    Large well cooked turkey
    Gravy
    Roast potatoes
    Stuffing
    Cocktail sausages
    Vegetables (I ignore them :oops:)

Drink:
    Selection.

Roast turkey (coated in marmalade and bacon prior to cooking)
    Gammon
    Roast potatoes
    Mash potatoes - made with cream and butter
    Honey roast parsnips and carrots
    Sprouts
    Pigs in blankets
    Bread Sauce
    Cranberry Sauce
    Sage and Onion Stuff
    Gravy
    Christmas pudding with cream and mince pies
    Red wine

and yes, I will be cooking it - I can't wait!

my MIL does

pheasant
    goose
    chicken
    duck
    beef
    pigs in blankets

roast tatties
    loadsa veg
    stuffing
    yorkies

then

gateaus
    xmas pud

champange (i dont like thou)

gravy
    various spirts

shes cooking for 12 this year

Deek43;7179065

Roast turkey (coated in marmalade and bacon prior to cooking)GammonRoast … Roast turkey (coated in marmalade and bacon prior to cooking)GammonRoast potatoesMash potatoes - made with cream and butterHoney roast parsnips and carrotsSproutsPigs in blanketsBread SauceCranberry SauceSage and Onion StuffGravyChristmas pudding with cream and mince piesRed wineand yes, I will be cooking it - I can't wait!

Same here except champers instead of red wine.

Cooking for 7 xmas day and same menu for 16 boxing day.

Either - goose,chicken or turkey served with;
    Gammon
    Roast potatos & mash
    Pigs in blankets
    Roast vegetables including parsnips, carrots & swede
    Brussels sprouts
    Yorkshire puddings
    Peas, carrots, sweetcorn
    Stuffing balls
    Gravy
    Bread sauce
    Cranberry sauce

(Everything homemade &/or Organic)

& for afters

Christmas pudding served flaming with brandy
    or gateaux

Drinks,
    Red wine
    Mulled wine
    White wine
    Water
    Champagne

Luckily I'm not cooking Christmas Day, but I will be Boxing Day :x

Banned

normally have meat feat pizza, fries and some ben and jerrys ice cream.

goonertillidie;7178700

mcdonalds drive thru.... nah joking LOL turkey+ ,trimmings pigs in … mcdonalds drive thru.... nah joking LOL turkey+ ,trimmings pigs in blankets,loads of sprouts + roast potatoes + y puds n gravy

wish my local mcdonalds was open xmas day lol :x:x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …230717
      2. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…46
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764543
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846305

See more discussions