Groups

what is your yearly water bill

from 2009 jan to 2010 jan it was around £500

just geting a feel of what others are paying

is this high considering i live alone most of the time?

80 Comments

Mine was just under £500 last year

in the year we rented a place in Coventry which there was me and the girlfriend our water bill cost between £70-80 per quarter so in a year would approximately = £300

water bills vary massively from area to area. I think my bill comes out quaterly and is in the reigon of £200, however there are 4 of us living in our house. (for ref, I live in RG12)

Blimey thats expensive,my last bill was £170 for the last 6 months and the bill before was £134, we are a family of four,

this year mine will be £456 for the year, two adults 3 kids living there

Original Poster

mind u i live in a new house build where a meter is installed

mine is about £140 a yr.its only a 2 bed terrace though postcodde m24.

It depends on where you live, and who your local water company is. If you are not on a meter then you will be paying on the rateable value of the property, if you are on a meter and it's just you then you may have a leak somewhere after the meter such as a toilet cistern constantly trickling.

If you want to cut down your bills, and you live alone then I would highly recommend having a meter fitted, that way you will only pay for what you use, lots of water companies do a free meter option for domestic customers, where you can have a meter for 12 months to see what you save, and if you don't then they will come and remove it.

:-D

mine for 6 months came to £260....and thats just for me and the wife....

we then found out we had a small leak.....now thats been repaired and i phoned severn trent our water bill works out to be £15 a month

I don't understand why your all paying so much? We pay £76 every 6 months?

Family of 3 in the east mids - not on a water meter - pretty normal 3 bedroom semi.

Yorkshire Water £357.29

For the year mine is £155 for 3 bedroom house without meter.

Original Poster

im in west midlands, damn mine does sound high, i take long showers everyday
    maybe that contributes lol

Are you on a meter? Sounds VERY high either way though.

huh?.mines loads....
    ££225 sewerage

£225 water

yearly..

no meter

muffin247;8006983

im in west midlands, damn mine does sound high, i take long showers … im in west midlands, damn mine does sound high, i take long showers everydaymaybe that contributes lol

Severn Trent or South Staffs?

About £300 just had it through.

Original Poster

MrGrumpyman;8007036

Severn Trent or South Staffs?

severn trent, i bloody live alone so why so damn high
    brb looking for leak

muffin247;8007097

severn trent, i bloody live alone so why so damn highbrb looking for leak

You only need to do that if you're on a meter!

MrGrumpyman;8007117

Yep. Its probably just your area.

Original Poster

MrGrumpyman;8007117

yep im on a meter im sure
    all new house builds have meters installed now as standard right?

muffin247;8007128

yep im on a meter im sureall new house builds have meters installed now … yep im on a meter im sureall new house builds have meters installed now as standard right?

yeah as they try and build them as eco friendly homes now.

muffin247;8007128

yep im on a meter im sureall new house builds have meters installed now … yep im on a meter im sureall new house builds have meters installed now as standard right?

Yes they do, it's usually under the sink in kitchen. I would say it's defo high consumption then. Look out for the toilet cisterns, a lot of modern ones don't have an overflow pipe ( where you would see the water overflowing outside and know there's a problem ), they overflow inside the bowl. The way to test it is once the cistern has filled up with water ( or if it's not been flushed for a while it should be okay ) place a piece of loo roll at the back of the bowl below the rim, if it gets wet, then your cistern is constantly overflowing, try all your loos if you have more than 1 :-D

£260ish - 3 bedroom semi 4 adults 1 child.

I am also in the west mids with severn trent and my bill is £180 for the year On my own in the week and have showers in the morning baths at night but nit on a meter

Original Poster

mojo.121;8007354

I am also in the west mids with severn trent and my bill is £180 for the … I am also in the west mids with severn trent and my bill is £180 for the year On my own in the week and have showers in the morning baths at night but nit on a meter

cant understand why mine is so high

muffin247;8007426

Have you done the test I mentioned above??:-D

Not on meter, live in East Midlands £202 per year

muffin247;8007426

i live in a new build apartment in birmingham....and as mentioned before i had a small leak which gave me a high bill....I'd check everything properly....

the 2 leaks i had were:

1) one of the pipes under the sink had a tiny drio
    2) the flush (loo) kept dripping water in the loo...

best thing to do is check your metre reading just before you sleep...and then first thing in the morning check it again...it should be the same as no-one will be using water...if its not then you know you've got a leak

Original Poster

MrGrumpyman;8007479

Have you done the test I mentioned above??:-D

yeh dry as a sahara desert

Original Poster

Abz;8007589

i live in a new build apartment in birmingham....and as mentioned before … i live in a new build apartment in birmingham....and as mentioned before i had a small leak which gave me a high bill....I'd check everything properly....the 2 leaks i had were:1) one of the pipes under the sink had a tiny drio2) the flush (loo) kept dripping water in the loo...best thing to do is check your metre reading just before you sleep...and then first thing in the morning check it again...it should be the same as no-one will be using water...if its not then you know you've got a leak

good advice will try this

muffin247;8007599

good advice will try this

cool let us know how you get on

Mines is £0 a year for life.

Original Poster

dontdothatagain;8007630

Mines is £0 a year for life.

pls tell me how i can get this once in a lifetime bargain too:)

muffin247;8007641

living at home...

I had a meter installed last year,my first bill from April to September was 77 quid,i haven't had the next one,it's due this month.

Yours is very high if you live alone.

Perhaps you do have a leak somewhere,i had one under my bath,caused by me trying to fit a washer to a dripping tap arghhhh

How long are your showers,you're only supposed to have one for less than 5 mins lol

Original Poster

deb8z;8007733

I had a meter installed last year,my first bill from April to September … I had a meter installed last year,my first bill from April to September was 77 quid,i haven't had the next one,it's due this month.Yours is very high if you live alone.Perhaps you do have a leak somewhere,i had one under my bath,caused by me trying to fit a washer to a dripping tap arghhhhHow long are your showers,you're only supposed to have one for less than 5 mins lol

i have 1 before i go bed and 1 in the morning they last for 10-15 mins i guess

muffin247;8007641

Living in Scotland. Has its benefits. :thumbsup:

dontdothatagain;8007824

Living in Scotland. Has its benefits. :thumbsup:

I suppose its lumped in somewhere with our council tax - my new bill came in yesterday and havent looked at it properly.

I would absolutely hate to have a meter for my water useage.

Mine's £16.32/pm, so £195.84 a year. I live on my own in a one bedroom flat and think it's expensive. Most of the cost is paying sewerage to remove the waste water from the public drains outside.

My supplier is United Utilities.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …157381
      2. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1321
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764529
      4. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1744

See more discussions