what kind charging cable is this ? USB for charging 4000mah battery Help please. ebay or amazon

Posted 4th Oct 2021
got some cool heated gloves but the charging cable is missing, found an image online.
cant search for it as i dont know what is called.

that is the spec of that battery to charge.
Voltage: 3.7V
- Power: 4.5W±0.5W
- Current: 1.2A±0.1A
- Battery: 4000mAh lithium battery (for each gloves)

if anyone can help me find the right cable that would be much appreciated, i been trying for a while but cant seem to have the right search words for ebay or amazon

3802596-xKbJo.jpg

3802596-fZamg.jpg
amazon.co.uk/dp/…h=1

They retail for over 50£ on amazon i paid less than 10 for them new, just need the missing charging cable

any help would be much appreciated, it doesn't have to be usb, it would be prefered so i dont need to carry a charger with me
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

32 Comments

sorted by
  1. Avatar
    USB to barrel jack, you just need to know the size of the barrel jack as theres lots of them.
  2. Avatar
    Anonymous User
    USB DC Charger Charge Charging Cable for Mini Smallest S530 Mini Bluetooth Headphones Headset amazon.co.uk/dp/…TS/

???
  3. Avatar
    Anonymous User
    You might have to buy two or just buy one to try it.
  4. Avatar
    redserpent04/10/2021 19:18

USB to barrel jack, you just need to know the size of the barrel jack as …USB to barrel jack, you just need to know the size of the barrel jack as theres lots of them.

That's not a good idea without knowing whether the original device was an external charger/BMS or not. The image of the box on the original cable is borderline size-wise, it's certainly big enough to contain some circuitry.

Connecting lithium ion batteries directly to a power source with no charging circuitry in the loop could well result in burns or explosions.

Can you give us a photo of the label on the battery pack that's inside the gloves? The one in the image is too blurred to read. If it's got obvious fastenings it's worth opening up to get a shot of the inside as well, but most battery packs are glued shut. (edited)
  5. Avatar
    BigStart13/10/2021 10:44

What do you guys think is the best option here, these cost over 40 I paid …What do you guys think is the best option here, these cost over 40 I paid only less than 7 so I can return for refund but would really like to keep them if I can find a Charing solution Any advice would be amazing Cheers

Well, in that case that seems a very good price.

Can you solder, or have a mate who can do some basic soldering for you? Although if not, you could pick up a very cheap 20 - 30 watt soldering iron and some 60/40 rosin core solder somewhere like CPC and watch a few youtube vids.

I think what you have there is a li-po battery with a socket connected directly to it, sealed in a plastic case, so you'll need is a suitable lithium polymer battery charger that charges at no more than 2000mA max - a lower charging current would be fine and may make the life expectancy of the batteries a bit longer, although you'd probably not want to go much below 500mA, because that would take at least 8 hours..

The polarity doesn't seem to be marked for the socket, centre pin positive is the most common for barrel plugs, but if you can't find the info, I would suggest once you have the right sized plugs soldered on a bit of cable, cut one of the lose ends slightly shorter so they can't short together and use a multimeter on it, rather than poking the multimeter probes in the socket which would risk shorting out the battery.

The charger boards I mentioned before ought to be ok. You need one per battery (the 5V INPUTS could be connected between the two, so you could just use one of their micro usb sockets for the supply) They charge at a maximum of 1 amp which would take around 4 hours to charge that battery (they come configured to charge at 1 amp, so you could use them as is) . Don't forget to buy a cheap plastic box to mount the boards in.

There's an article about these boards here although you won't need to modify / hack them for a 1 amp charge, just solder on wires and a plug :- electroschematics.com/tp4…ys/

Other than that you might be able to find a suitable charger for single cell li-po packs for a drone or some such. (edited)
  6. Avatar
    Don't know if it helps but that's charger to my coat battery which looks the same.
    45801290-6wEOQ.jpg
    This is my converter from Aliexpress so it can run from a powerbank instead. One tip I would give is get a powerbank which can be switched on and off as the auto switch on one's dont always detext through the adapter cable so you have to plug something else in first to switch the powerbank on.

Currently connected to Mrs body warmer (both amazon warehouse bargains )

45801290-QcM63.jpg (edited)
  7. Avatar
    MonkeysUncle15/10/2021 11:02

Don't know if it helps but that's charger to my coat battery which looks …Don't know if it helps but that's charger to my coat battery which looks the same. [Image] This is my converter from Aliexpress so it can run from a powerbank instead. One tip I would give is get a powerbank which can be switched on and off as the auto switch on one's dont always detext through the adapter cable so you have to plug something else in first to switch the powerbank on. Currently connected to Mrs body warmer (both amazon warehouse bargains ) [Image]

Your charger is 8.4V, so the battery pack for your jacket will be two li-ion / li-po cells in series.

That also means running it from a 5V power bank wont harm the jacket since 5V is less than the voltage the original battery puts out. Your original pack will be 8.4V when fully charged (2 x 4.2v) and drop down to 6V when flat.

Running a glove designed for a 4.2v battery from a 5v power bank could be risky, it might work ok, or it might burn out. (Connecting the battery itself direct to a 5v supply would likely to cause it to swell and possibly explode). (edited)
  8. Avatar
    BigStart15/10/2021 20:03

Can you please check monkeysuncle message above, can I use a charger like …Can you please check monkeysuncle message above, can I use a charger like his or that wire I’m looking for this kind of solution please, something that I can actually do & buy quickly and if it goes wrong I lose my money & heating function hopefully no explosion as that can’t be good, I will end up with a very expensive pair of crap glovesCan’t be hard to get a charger like that pic he has posted

His charger states it is an 8.4V, 1 amp li-ion charger, so it will charge at 1amp and stop when the battery pack reaches 8.4V. see my reply to his post above hotukdeals.com/com…100

While it may look like a standard fixed voltage plug in phone "charger" or DC power socket, the difference is a phone "charger"/ PSU supplies a constant voltage, whereas a li-ion charger is constant current instead and stops charging when the battery rises to the required voltage.

Devices like mobile phones have an in-built li-ion charging circuit, which regulates the amount of current going to the battery.

Your glove batteries each need a 4.2v constant current li-ion charger (your battery is a single cell) with a maximum charge current of 2000 mA or less, and ideally not less that 500mA (because at 500ma it will take over 8 hours to charge) and you also need one with the correct plug on the end.

The number in the code on your battery 124065 is probably the dimensions of the li-po cell it contains. something like this:-

45804890-Qz8Gc.jpg

here's an article that explains how a li-ion charger regulates the current batteryuniversity.com/art…ion (edited)
  9. Avatar
    Something has to be on Aliexpress which will fit.

Maybe This?

It states 3.7v gloves charger

Or This on amazon (edited)
  10. Avatar
    Anonymous User
    melted16/10/2021 12:10

The amazon one is not suitable, its just a standard DC power supply with a …The amazon one is not suitable, its just a standard DC power supply with a selectable voltage.I had a look on amazon for 4.2v chargers and came across a couple of 4.2 V charging cables for flashlights that might possibly charge it without destroying the battery, if by chance one fits and polarity is right.The first one doesn't say if it is for charging li-ion but as it is 4.2v I guess it is, and is 4.2V 1 amp with a 5.5mm barrel plug, but doesn't state the barrel plug's pin size (I think 2.1mm is common) and doesn't state the polarity, but then we don't know the polarity of your battery socket either, so I'm just guessing that they both might be centre positive.https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ambertech-Barrel-Charging-Headlamp-flashlight/dp/B071HQ9NGZ/ref=sr_1_11?dchild=1&keywords=4.2v+charger&qid=1634379254&qsid=262-0827808-7080821&sr=8-11&sres=B07HHZGGH5,B0856YFZD7,B07ZH9GRF3,B07RZQ84TV,B07QN3X2SJ,B0963KK9XM,B08SW7G46B,B071HQ9NGZ,B0126YLL0A,B091F9WW58,B08T1KW5TS,B091YRVY2Z,B07Y8N7TJQ,B091YNB8S7,B08TV29RLS,B08575M1M3The second 4.2v one (well its two actually) has a 3.5 mm barrel plug, doesn't state the charging current, but claims to be suitable for 18650 li-ion cells, so it is just guess work that the charging current might below the maximum for your battery.https://www.amazon.co.uk/Charger-Charging-Flashlight-Headlight-Headlamp/dp/B07DZFGSP4/ref=pd_lpo_1?pd_rd_i=B07DZFGSP4&psc=1BUT don't blame me if the battery swells up, or explodes ,or it just doesn't charge.

I think the OP is playing with fire really.
  11. Avatar
    Author
    Confusing so many different heads no idea which one & it’s a battery how will I know it’s charging / working ? No lights on a battery to indicate it’s charging

It’s a 3.7v 4000 mah battery like the one pictured. (edited)
  12. Avatar
    Author
    EndlessWaves04/10/2021 21:22

That's not a good idea without knowing whether the original device was an …That's not a good idea without knowing whether the original device was an external charger/BMS or not. The image of the box on the original cable is borderline size-wise, it's certainly big enough to contain some circuitry. Connecting lithium ion batteries directly to a power source with no charging circuitry in the loop could well result in burns or explosions. Can you give us a photo of the label on the battery pack that's inside the gloves? The one in the image is too blurred to read. If it's got obvious fastenings it's worth opening up to get a shot of the inside as well, but most battery packs are glued shut.

Ok sure wil do in the morning when I’m up in bed now it’s too cold to get up & turn the lights on

Appreciate your help thank you
  13. Avatar
    Second OP image showing the USB charge cable has a rectangular block suggesting it contains circuitry, likely the charging regulator circuit(s), otherwise a simple "Y" cable splitter would be far simpler and less substantial.

Based on comparative size to USB connector in same image the DC barrel size is likely 3.5mm x 1.3mm, with polarity convention implying the 1.3 carries the positive.

Spec of 3.7V 4000mAh suggests a pair of 18650 2000mAh batteries connected in parallel in each of the two battery packs.
    If being charged via USB supply, there will be a charging regulator circuit either in the battery pack(s) or in the charging cable(s), or possibly both (x2).
    If the battery packs do contain 2x18650 each & are removable, it may be more convenient to buy a 18650 multi-charger, either without or with come-in-handy spare batteries as these glove products tend to eat batteries. Random examples FBA:
    4-slot charger £7 amazon.co.uk/not…T7/
    torch + 4-slot charger + 4 batteries £14 amazon.co.uk/fla…G4/
    torch + 4-slot charger + 8 batteries £17 amazon.co.uk/che…L2/
    all likely cheaper if you can be bothered attempting to navigate the dire Amazon search system.
  14. Avatar
    You could get an adaptor so you can run it from a normal power bank. I have a heated coat and it happily runs from a standard USB powerbank

Aliexpress here

You will need 35135

15. Avatar
    My guess is your missing cable is quite likely to have the li-ion charge circuits for the batteries in that plastic splitter, rather than built into the battery.

In which case you'd need a li-ion charger that charges at a safe current for the battery (not a cable to connect it directly to a 5v usb supply/"phone charger" which would blow it up). You could solder together your own cable and buy a couple of charging boards with a li-ion charger chip and charging leds on it from ebay for £1-2 (you'd need one per battery), but the surface mount resistor to set the charge current would have to be desoldered and replaced unless the default charge current was suitable, I think the boards I've bought came configured to charge at 1 amp and had a micro or mini usb connector to plug them into a 5v usb supply. Too high charge current would destroy the battery, too low would take longer than necessary to charge.

Here's a randomly selected example of a li-ion charging board:- ebay.co.uk/itm…ZJo

Looking at the images on the amazon listing, the battery has a 4.2V input, and also doesn't have a separate charging port, so I think I'm probably right. (edited)
  16. Avatar
    Author
    Hi all here is the pics
    My apologies for the delay, been in & out of hospital, had concussion being destroyed by a very big lad playing football on Sunday. He didn’t even get booked. Scam

45787601-Mk5US.jpg

45787601-g83f8.jpg
    45787601-dhQS6.jpg
  17. Avatar
    Author
    On the battery it states
    Lithium polymer
    4000mah / 14.8wh
    Input Dc 4.2v
    2000 mah max
    Output max 7.4w

CAUTION
    use only specific charger ?
  18. Avatar
    Author
    What do you guys think is the best option here, these cost over 40 I paid only less than 7 so I can return for refund but would really like to keep them if I can find a Charing solution

Any advice would be amazing

Cheers
  19. Avatar
    Author
    melted05/10/2021 12:16

My guess is your missing cable is quite likely to have the li-ion charge …My guess is your missing cable is quite likely to have the li-ion charge circuits for the batteries in that plastic splitter, rather than built into the battery.In which case you'd need a li-ion charger that charges at a safe current for the battery (not a cable to connect it directly to a 5v usb supply/"phone charger" which would blow it up). You could solder together your own cable and buy a couple of charging boards with a li-ion charger chip and charging leds on it from ebay for £1-2 (you'd need one per battery), but the surface mount resistor to set the charge current would have to be desoldered and replaced unless the default charge current was suitable, I think the boards I've bought came configured to charge at 1 amp and had a micro or mini usb connector to plug them into a 5v usb supply. Too high charge current would destroy the battery, too low would take longer than necessary to charge.Here's a randomly selected example of a li-ion charging board:- https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272919104854?hash=item3f8b3f0d56:g:x-IAAOSwoVNaAZJoLooking at the images on the amazon listing, the battery has a 4.2V input, and also doesn't have a separate charging port, so I think I'm probably right.

What do you think based on photos ? Should I buy the one you posted ?
  20. Avatar
    Author
    AndyRoyd05/10/2021 07:28

Second OP image showing the USB charge cable has a rectangular block …Second OP image showing the USB charge cable has a rectangular block suggesting it contains circuitry, likely the charging regulator circuit(s), otherwise a simple "Y" cable splitter would be far simpler and less substantial.Based on comparative size to USB connector in same image the DC barrel size is likely 3.5mm x 1.3mm, with polarity convention implying the 1.3 carries the positive.Spec of 3.7V 4000mAh suggests a pair of 18650 2000mAh batteries connected in parallel in each of the two battery packs. If being charged via USB supply, there will be a charging regulator circuit either in the battery pack(s) or in the charging cable(s), or possibly both (x2).If the battery packs do contain 2x18650 each & are removable, it may be more convenient to buy a 18650 multi-charger, either without or with come-in-handy spare batteries as these glove products tend to eat batteries. Random examples FBA:4-slot charger £7 https://www.amazon.co.uk/not-thick-as-pigs-hit/dp/B07Y6L6JT7/torch + 4-slot charger + 4 batteries £14 https://www.amazon.co.uk/flash-4-pan/dp/B08NWZD6G4/torch + 4-slot charger + 8 batteries £17 https://www.amazon.co.uk/cheap-flasher/dp/B08P7RG1L2/all likely cheaper if you can be bothered attempting to navigate the dire Amazon search system.

Sorry for the delay, what do you think is the best option based on photos I posted ?

Based on photo
  21. Avatar
    Author
    melted13/10/2021 13:48

Well, in that case that seems a very good price.Can you solder, or have a …Well, in that case that seems a very good price.Can you solder, or have a mate who can do some basic soldering for you? Although if not, you could pick up a very cheap 20 - 30 watt soldering iron and some 60/40 rosin core solder somewhere like CPC and watch a few youtube vids.I think what you have there is a li-po battery with a socket connected directly to it, sealed in a plastic case, so you'll need is a suitable lithium polymer battery charger that charges at no more than 2000mA max - a lower charging current would be fine and may make the life expectancy of the batteries a bit longer, although you'd probably not want to go much below 500mA, because that would take at least 8 hours..The polarity doesn't seem to be marked for the socket, centre pin positive is the most common for barrel plugs, but if you can't find the info, I would suggest once you have the right sized plugs soldered on a bit of cable, cut one of the lose ends slightly shorter so they can't short together and use a multimeter on it, rather than poking the multimeter probes in the socket which would risk shorting out the battery. The charger boards I mentioned before ought to be ok. You need one per battery (the 5V INPUTS could be connected between the two, so you could just use one of their micro usb sockets for the supply) They charge at a maximum of 1 amp which would take around 4 hours to charge that battery (they come configured to charge at 1 amp, so you could use them as is) . Don't forget to buy a cheap plastic box to mount the boards in.There's an article about these boards here although you won't need to modify / hack them for a 1 amp charge, just solder on wires and a plug :- https://www.electroschematics.com/tp4056-lipo-battery-charger-rc-toys/ Other than that you might be able to find a suitable charger for single cell li-po packs for a drone or some such.

Really appreciate your reply and explanation, it’s not something I can do, most likely will hurt myself by explosion of batteries or ruin them & I have no experience to do it.

I just want to buy the charger & connect it to charge. Say 15£ budget should do it or usb cable, whatever that has a likelihood of over 80% to work, if it doesn’t can just send it back

If you could possibly give me one or two charger options or cables that would be amazing I looked but so many options no idea what to go for
  22. Avatar
    Author
    MonkeysUncle05/10/2021 08:14

You could get an adaptor so you can run it from a normal power bank. I …You could get an adaptor so you can run it from a normal power bank. I have a heated coat and it happily runs from a standard USB powerbankAliexpress hereYou will need 35135

There is no chip or the part you see with most likely circuit board inside ? Can't imagine its just a wire ?
  23. Avatar
    Author
    captainbeaky04/10/2021 19:58

Or buy one with interchangeable tips. …Or buy one with interchangeable tips. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ancable-2-5x0-7mm-3-5x1-35mm-4-0x1-7mm-Connectors/dp/B07SQ1L6Y4/ref=asc_df_B07SQ1L6Y4/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=399568583485&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11922670269193885079&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006964&hvtargid=pla-853756449256&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=85288345616&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=399568583485&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11922670269193885079&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006964&hvtargid=pla-853756449256

You think only cable ? It states on battery use special charger as you see in pic posted
  24. Avatar
    Author
    Still looking online this morning but couldn’t find anything that will auto detect settings & charge, course I don’t want to fry whatever is inside the case
  25. Avatar
    BigStart13/10/2021 20:59

Really appreciate your reply and explanation, it’s not something I can do, …Really appreciate your reply and explanation, it’s not something I can do, most likely will hurt myself by explosion of batteries or ruin them & I have no experience to do it.I just want to buy the charger & connect it to charge. Say 15£ budget should do it or usb cable, whatever that has a likelihood of over 80% to work, if it doesn’t can just send it back If you could possibly give me one or two charger options or cables that would be amazing I looked but so many options no idea what to go for

Sorry if I made it sound complicated, it really isn't. You need to identify the polarity of the pin on the socket (it is likely positive, but that is not guaranteed), and sizes of the plug and solder a wire from the plug you buy to the two bat terminals on the charging board. As long as you don't short the battery and get the polarity right nothing will explode.

I'd suggest asking your mates if they, or they kids can solder, if you don't want to do it yourself, its an easy 5 minute job for anyone who owns a soldering iron and a meter. (edited)
  26. Avatar
    Author

Don't know if it helps but that's charger to my coat battery which looks …Don't know if it helps but that's charger to my coat battery which looks the same. [Image] This is my converter from Aliexpress so it can run from a powerbank instead. One tip I would give is get a powerbank which can be switched on and off as the auto switch on one's dont always detext through the adapter cable so you have to plug something else in first to switch the powerbank on. Currently connected to Mrs body warmer (both amazon warehouse bargains ) [Image]

I’m confused you just use a simple wire / usb & it works ? The first pic is a proper charger, the second pic is just a wire going to a power Bank
    They both work ?

Is your battery pack same as mine ?
  27. Avatar
    Author
    melted15/10/2021 13:12

Your charger is 8.4V, so the battery pack for your jacket will be two …Your charger is 8.4V, so the battery pack for your jacket will be two li-ion / li-po cells in series. That also means running it from a 5V power bank wont harm the jacket since 5V is less than the voltage the original battery puts out. Your original pack will be 8.4V when fully charged (2 x 4.2v) and drop down to 6V when flat.Running a glove designed for a 4.2v battery from a 5v power bank could be risky, it might work ok, or it might burn out. (Connecting the battery itself direct to a 5v supply would likely to cause it to swell and possibly explode).

Can you please check monkeysuncle message above, can I use a charger like his or that wire I’m looking for this kind of solution please, something that I can actually do & buy quickly and if it goes wrong I lose my money & heating function hopefully no explosion as that can’t be good, I will end up with a very expensive pair of crap gloves

Can’t be hard to get a charger like that pic he has posted

Oh EDIT
    You did reply to him my apologies, just understood that, been a long day I’m exhausted (edited)
  28. Avatar
    Author
    melted15/10/2021 13:37

Sorry if I made it sound complicated, it really isn't. You need to …Sorry if I made it sound complicated, it really isn't. You need to identify the polarity of the pin on the socket (it is likely positive, but that is not guaranteed), and sizes of the plug and solder a wire from the plug you buy to the two bat terminals on the charging board. As long as you don't short the battery and get the polarity right nothing will explode. I'd suggest asking your mates if they, or they kids can solder, if you don't want to do it yourself, its an easy 5 minute job for anyone who owns a soldering iron and a meter.

Haha there is no way I can do this or would attempt to, it’s easy for someone with experience that knows what they are doing, I mean I could do it with research& a ton of YouTube / guide learning but really not worth it, will take hours and seems more risky compared to just buying a charger or usb wire that might or might not work
  29. Avatar
    Author

Could you please compare my battery pack to your battery pack or post a pic that would be really appreciated.
    Are they similar or the same ?
    I could just find a charger with those specs if batteries match
  30. Avatar
    MonkeysUncle15/10/2021 22:30

Something has to be on Aliexpress which will fit.Maybe This? It states …Something has to be on Aliexpress which will fit.Maybe This? It states 3.7v gloves chargerOr This on amazon

The amazon one is not suitable, its just a standard DC power supply with a selectable voltage.

I had a look on amazon for 4.2v chargers and came across a couple of 4.2 V charging cables for flashlights that might possibly charge it without destroying the battery, if by chance one fits and polarity is right.

The first one doesn't say if it is for charging li-ion but as it is 4.2v I guess it is, and is 4.2V 1 amp with a 5.5mm barrel plug, but doesn't state the barrel plug's pin size (I think 2.1mm is common) and doesn't state the polarity, but then we don't know the polarity of your battery socket either, so I'm just guessing that they both might be centre positive.

amazon.co.uk/Amb…1M3

The second 4.2v one (well its two actually) has a 3.5 mm barrel plug, doesn't state the charging current, but claims to be suitable for 18650 li-ion cells, so it is just guess work that the charging current might below the maximum for your battery.

amazon.co.uk/Cha…c=1

BUT don't blame me if the battery swells up, or explodes ,or it just doesn't charge. (edited)
Top Merchants