What kind of Sound Bar is best for my needs?

Found 27th Nov 2016
I have:

A 49" Samsung UEH6400 TV.
A small living room.
Thin walls and I tend to watch TV late at night.

Requirements:

The TV's sound is okay at best and loud enough but the problem is clarity with voices. I can't hear it good enough (I do have relatively poor hearing btw..) so the only option I have is to turn up the volume but then background sound is too loud. This is with both live TV, Netflix and downloaded content.

Can a Sound Bar solve this? What specs do I need to look out for? Multiple speakers? Wattage etc?

Thanks for any advice.

6 Comments

I've got a Samsung soundbar and subwoofer they improve sound quality greatly ,you will be able to hear voices much more clearly .

I agree with last answer. I have a Samsung tv and soundbar, and the difference of the soundbar is amazing. You can have opinions like voice, music, standard etc.

you should get some headphones. you can get some with a long wire or wireless ones. also if someone else is in the room you can set it to play though the headphone and the tv on most tvs.

amazon.co.uk/gp/…1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1480295846&sr=8-1π=SY200_QL40&keywords=long+wire+headphones&dpPl=1&dpID=41AgXEG0jkL&ref=plSrch

I have damaged hearing and find voices get 'muffled'. The Panasonic soundbar has a setting that improves voice audio. It looks smart, and can be laid in front of TV or wall mounted. Also play music through it via bluetooth. I paid about £60 in a sale, but it's now under £70 at Curry's.
Nice bit of kit1

currys.co.uk/gbu…tml?istCompanyId=bec25c7e-cbcd-460d-81d5-a25372d2e3d7&istItemId=awwtmlixr&istBid=tztx&srcid=198&cmpid=ppc~gg~0047+%28PLA%29+HOME+THEATRE+KITS~All+Products~Exact&mctag=gg_goog_7904&kwid=GOOGLE&s_kwcid=DS!700000001497021!151125773004!!!g!!PRODUCT+GROUP&device=c&ds_kids=92700015678190012&PLA=1&gclid=CjwKEAiAyO_BBRDOgM-K8MGWpmYSJACePQ9CwOEde5VZznqqly_dOO9M-TMBQQf-WoJoAmpVeAFAyxoCqw_w_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CJPSmsG9y9ACFcYT0wodyEkBYA

Original Poster

Thanks for the replies and links!

I thought maybe I needed to look at specific erm specifications but I guess any decent one will help me.

Cheers guys.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition69749
    2. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…33
    3. Win an unbelievable Windows Mixed Reality prize pack from Windows Central! …43
    4. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines43

See more discussions