Groups

What kind of wire is this and where can I get a replacement?

My pup decided this looked liked a nice snack and as such now the speaker doesn't work. Its connected to an LG surround sound system. Thanks

13 Comments

Original Poster

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee169/cbryanp/Image012.jpg

Thats a very furry wire/cable? :-D

Oh you've changed it lol

Looks like standard twin speaker cable, about 40p a meter from any wire stockist.

Are both ends the same?

what do the connection points look like they go into? are they just flip clips with holes?

If so you could just cut 4 inches off that cable

Original Poster

sorry about the bad quality only have my phone camera atm

Original Poster

Celticsun;2937176

Thats a very furry wire/cable? :-D

lol yeah linked the wrong pic..that was the criminal herself

does it just go into spring loaded connectors at each end? cant really tell from the pic?

Is it not possible to just cut it back to before where its been bitten? Looks like a standard (cheap) speaker cable!

Original Poster

yeah a red and black connection at each end

Original Poster

jah128;2937203

Is it not possible to just cut it back to before where its been bitten? … Is it not possible to just cut it back to before where its been bitten? Looks like a standard (cheap) speaker cable!

Oh interesting suppose there is no harm in trying will give it a go thanks

jah128;2937203

Looks like a standard (cheap) speaker cable!

Thats what i thought too, depending if you can trim the end and repair or if you need new cable wilkos sell it 12p a metre or 100m for £9, I opted for the 100m as im planning to pipe the stereo into all rooms via ceiling mounted flush speakers and a selectable switch.

If you replace the length with new I reccomend tinning the ends so as the clips get a better grip. Make sure you select the speaker wire too rather than bell wire from wilko's if going that route as the bell wire is a solid strand rather than twisted strands, the solid stuff fractures easily and leaves a dodgy connection.

harlzter;2937221

Thats what i thought too, depending if you can trim the end and repair or … Thats what i thought too, depending if you can trim the end and repair or if you need new cable wilkos sell it 12p a metre or 100m for £9, I opted for the 100m as im planning to pipe the stereo into all rooms via ceiling mounted flush speakers and a selectable switch.

That Wilkos stuff is ok for short distance low powered speakers, but its pretty naff.

Celticsun;2937242

That Wilkos stuff is ok for short distance low powered speakers, but its … That Wilkos stuff is ok for short distance low powered speakers, but its pretty naff.

The stuff I had I got a while ago was thicker than the stuff they sell now, and also the one you buy by the metre is better than the precut lengths:thumbsup:

Original Poster

thanks guys cutting it worked...rep to all
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Three connection910
      2. DVD storage34
      3. What will £250 get me second hand mobile44
      4. Iphone 7 - What Case?617

See more discussions