What kind of workstation desk should I buy for my office / music room ?

Found 21st Aug 2017
2769733-2ZYJ0.jpgwhat do you think would fit better ? need something bigger so I can put my keyboard on it really, maybe a slight out tray or a corner desk ? Can't seem to find anything I really like that's not priced really high !
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Build your own with Ikea units and a wood worktop so you can customise it to your requirements.
Original Poster
kester762 m ago

Build your own with Ikea units and a wood worktop so you can customise it …Build your own with Ikea units and a wood worktop so you can customise it to your requirements.

I was thinking about doing something like that so I could expand the block where the stairs are and then have a bit at the back too bit I don't know if I'd just mess it up or not
chrisredmayne1 h, 2 m ago

I was thinking about doing something like that so I could expand the block …I was thinking about doing something like that so I could expand the block where the stairs are and then have a bit at the back too bit I don't know if I'd just mess it up or not

Just give it a go, it will be cheaper than buying a poot quality unit. Look online for inspiration.
It depends how much you want to pay . Sefour makes nice desks but quite pricey (often around 200)
Original Poster
mattsk8 m ago

It depends how much you want to pay . Sefour makes nice desks but quite …It depends how much you want to pay . Sefour makes nice desks but quite pricey (often around 200)

I don't mind paying a few hundred. was going to get the glorious workbench but the tray isn't big enough for my keyboard:(
Having recently moved to a new office with a number of sit/stand desks, I'd suggest that you consider getting one of these - if you're using it for any significant length of time, there could be significant health benefits.
chrisredmayne3 h, 42 m ago

I don't mind paying a few hundred. was going to get the glorious workbench …I don't mind paying a few hundred. was going to get the glorious workbench but the tray isn't big enough for my keyboard:(

All a keyboard tray is build wise is a couple of cheap runners and a section of wood which you can cut to any length. If you can drill pilot holes, use a jigsaw and measure with a tape measure then you shouldn't run into any problems.
Original Poster
Illusionary15 h, 15 m ago

Having recently moved to a new office with a number of sit/stand desks, …Having recently moved to a new office with a number of sit/stand desks, I'd suggest that you consider getting one of these - if you're using it for any significant length of time, there could be significant health benefits.

hey... there's no link ? we're you meaning the Ikea stuff people mentioned before ?
Quiklok z250 might be an option for you?

If you know a decent joiner, ask them to make you one.

I had a mate build mine 20 years ago and it's still standing strong. It has three tiers - top tier for studio monitors / PC monitor, middle tier for mixing desk / midi controller / keyboard and pull out shelf for PC keyboard and mouse. It has two side, floor standing racks for drum machine / FX and PC tower.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions