Groups

What Laptop?

What processor and graphics card do I need in a laptop to do play the odd game and render video footage?
    I also need it to link up to a 20-24" monitor and still run ok.
    I was thinking of core 2 duo 7250 and an 2600xt graphics card, will this do the trick?
    PC world have refurbs for around £500.
    The laptop I have at the moment has a 3.2prescott p4 and ati9700 but the video footage is not good - it keeps stopping (I am using a toshiba high def camcorder).

2 Comments

render video footage?, you mean as in editing etc?, if so using a laptop for this is a seriously bad idea, very disk and processor intensive which laptops fall far short of desktops on. prepare to lose your lappy for a full day to render an hour or so video footage.

The same for gaming, you can do it on a laptop but the laptop cards are quite a bit less powerful than the desktop ones.

A 2600XT should be just about sufficient for the gaming side though.

The external monitor isn't an issue, anything will handle that (although a DVI connector is prefered over VGA)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Fifa 18 web app Now active.44
      2. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1930
      3. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…3078
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7201356

See more discussions