What laptop ?

Found 23rd Dec 2017
I want a laptop that will work quickly.
Not fussed on anything else I.e screen size / colour

I have a hp laptop which I bought off my brother beginning of the year and it’s shocking.

Haven’t got loads to spend but would love any tips on what to look for or where to find best deals ( maybe Boxing Day?)

Many thanks

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
6 Comments

Depending on the model/spec of the old laptop your solution may be as simple as replacing the hard drive of the laptop with a SSD, installing more RAM or reinstalling Windows.

What is the model/part-number from the label on the underside please?
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 23rd Dec 2017

Original Poster

In all honesty I’m not going to do that, it was a month or two old when my brother sold it to me and has nothing on it, my sister is already buying it off me for her daughter.

I’ll get the model number tomorrow

In that case what is your budget for a new laptop please?
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 24th Dec 2017

What to look for would be:
Intel i3/i5 without a U at the end of the model number
4GB of ram or more, 8GB would be max i would look at for what you want
SSD would speed things up, would be 128GB or 256GB in your range, bigger is better.
I know you said you are not bothered about screen, but one which is FULL HD 1080p etc would be better than one listed as 1366x768 or maybe listed as just HD (which is misleading). Generally full hd screens are better in other aspects, not just the screen resolution.

ktelliemollierylie10 h, 51 m ago

In all honesty I’m not going to do that, it was a month or two old when my …In all honesty I’m not going to do that, it was a month or two old when my brother sold it to me and has nothing on it, my sister is already buying it off me for her daughter.I’ll get the model number tomorrow

Asks for advice, gets better advice than she could imagine, ignores it. Smart.

Original Poster

dxx45 m ago

Asks for advice, gets better advice than she could imagine, ignores it. …Asks for advice, gets better advice than she could imagine, ignores it. Smart.

What ???? I haven’t a clue about laptops and for me it will be easier buying one than changing things as!!! Mind your own and go enjoy your Christmas than wasting time commenting on my posts!! So so rude.

Thanks for all your help. I will have a look at what you have suggested midurix thanks for your help.
Merry Christmas x
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants