what laptop for my son

Posted 28th Apr
hi there i need to get my 14 year old son(year 9 ) a new lap top for school work i have up to £1200 for a new one would like one what will see him through the rest of his school years so any input would be great full
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
MacBook Pro
Either a Macbook or Dell XPS would be suitable in my opinion
from year 9 til end of uni/college?
Also what does he want to do? If he goes uni to study, say computer science, might be worth getting something more powerful.
Additionally, if you get a gaming laptop, you could argue he wont need a ps4/xbox
nja128/04/2020 16:41

Also what does he want to do? If he goes uni to study, say computer …Also what does he want to do? If he goes uni to study, say computer science, might be worth getting something more powerful. Additionally, if you get a gaming laptop, you could argue he wont need a ps4/xbox

He doing media Business as his main gsce all his home work has to do lot off stuff for it photos videos. And rest of his gcse math science the usual stuff
Spend half the amount buying that is suitable for now and the immediate future and then spend the other half when that has expired its useful life in a few years time when the market will have changed.
Bertz9928/04/2020 16:45

Spend half the amount buying that is suitable for now and the immediate …Spend half the amount buying that is suitable for now and the immediate future and then spend the other half when that has expired its useful life in a few years time when the market will have changed.

I'd agree with that, unless you need a lot of power now (video editing etc), this is a better option, can get something very capable of day to day use for £300-500. Depending on his media course I reckon you could still spend half now half later.
Edited by: "dcx_badass" 28th Apr
I have not got a clue about computers been looking and don’t really understand. What every thing means I no about the storage size that’s about it
I would probably wait for laptop with Ryzen mobile 4000
You would probably looking at £500 - 600 for a mid-range. .
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions