Groups

What light switch do I get?

I want to use that £20 Screwfix voucher and want to use that opportunity to replace 3 dimmer switches with normal volex switches which seem to be everywhere else in the house and replace the chandeliers bulbs with energy efficient ones.

screwfix.com/app…569

Dunno what one to get though, I only need singles...

10 Comments

the 65p ones look fine to me but I'm no electrician.

It depends on how your lighting is setup. If you have 2 switches that control the same light you would use Volex 10AX 1G 2W Sw for example.

2W for 2 way
    1W for 1 way

The 2W can be used on both 1 way and 2 way circuits.

dont think the screwfix voucher works

Yes, I think 65p one should be fine unless you want something prettier.

At the moment, how many switches are controlling the lights? Is it more than one?

Original Poster

Only 1 switch needed per room, so 1W's look fine, but there are multiple options..., Dining Room, Reception-Hallway and Living room all got chandelier only with 1 light switch only but dimmers.

schizoboy

Only 1 switch needed per room, so 1W's look fine, but there are multiple … Only 1 switch needed per room, so 1W's look fine, but there are multiple options..., Dining Room, Reception-Hallway and Living room all got chandelier only with 1 light switch only but dimmers.

where you living schizo...not a stately home !! LOL

I'd go for a remote controlled switch, will change mine to this format in time :-D

Beware

Some energy efficient bulbs do not work with Dimmers

Same as Flourencent lights

Original Poster

grimm6

BewareSome energy efficient bulbs do not work with DimmersSame as … BewareSome energy efficient bulbs do not work with DimmersSame as Flourencent lights

Hence the need for the normal switchs 1st

Original Poster

currychops

where you living schizo...not a stately home !! LOL

I wish lol

Just a typical old 4 bedroom semi in North London, this place looks poor compared to the mansions down the road.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Get an annual MOT reminder713
      2. One for the mathmaticians2742
      3. word association Game74044576
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767437

See more discussions