What make of sunglasses to go for?

Sorry for the rather lame question!

I want to buy a couple of pairs of sunglasses - I don't want to spend too much as they usually get broken.

Are there any good makes that don't cost a fortune?

The last pair that I really liked were made by 'eyelevel' and cost about £10 or so. I've no idea if they are a known brand but have found some similar ones by eyelevel on ebay so if nothing else I can get another pair of those.

I don't want the likes of the couple of quid ones from primark/matalan as I've had some of those which lasted less than a week.

I also don't want the likes of Oakley ones as they will get broken so can't justify the price!

I like sports type ones, not retro or classic. The last ones I had were something like these (just a bit more rounded at the front): ebay.co.uk/itm…2f6

And yes before anyone comments I'm not the most fashionable person ever!

So can anyone recommend makes that do sub £20 sunglasses that are half decent?!

19 Comments

I always get mine from Tescos. £5-10 so it doesnt matter if they get lost/broken after a couple of months.

polaroid....
if u are a Costco MBR pop there

Original Poster

I'll have a look for some polaroid ones, I had a look in Tesco the other day but didn't see any I liked - they looked very similar to the Matalan/Primark range.

Original Poster

Seen a fair few xloop ones that look like what I want - anyone heard of them?

Check out asda opticians.. Think they have polarised frames for £25. Well worth having Polaroids

I usually go to Boots when they got them all half price.
Make sure you get UV protected ones.

bhara

Check out asda opticians.. Think they have polarised frames for £25. Well … Check out asda opticians.. Think they have polarised frames for £25. Well worth having Polaroids

They have branded Polaroids, (CK, Michael Kors,Baby Phat) if you are into designer sunnies, think they are £40?

paulathompson

They have branded Polaroids, (CK, Michael Kors,Baby Phat) if you are into … They have branded Polaroids, (CK, Michael Kors,Baby Phat) if you are into designer sunnies, think they are £40?

They have non branded ones for £25 i'm 99% sure. They're on a sunglass spinner.

I have a few pairs of Eye Level 'Jackson', in different colours.

I have broken or lost too many pairs of Oakleys. I am happy with the Eye Levels. I paid £6.50 a pair from therange.co.uk in store.

Still worth the £9.99 they are on ebay item: 381092918512

Original Poster

bum-trumpet

I have a few pairs of Eye Level 'Jackson', in different colours.I have … I have a few pairs of Eye Level 'Jackson', in different colours.I have broken or lost too many pairs of Oakleys. I am happy with the Eye Levels. I paid £6.50 a pair from http://www.therange.co.uk in store.Still worth the £9.99 they are on ebay item: 381092918512

Great - we have a 'The Range' store nearby - I'll try in there. The Jackson ones look pretty much like what I used to have. £6.50 seems a good price. As I say no idea if they are a good make, but they fitted great, did the job well and AFAIK suited me! The only downside I ever had was that the rubber bits which go over your ears were a bit too easy to pull off. (2 year old soo kept removing them!) Glad to find someone else likes them too!

[quote=bum-trumpet]I have a few pairs of Eye Level 'Jackson', in different colours. The same as your link.

I have broken or lost too many pairs of Oakleys. I am happy with the Eye Levels. I paid £6.50 a pair from therange.co.uk in store.

Cool.

delete

I get mine from ARCO, it's a company selling personal protective equipment and they have a very good range of sunglasses of various brands I like Uvex. have a look at their website, very good prices, and if you have a store nearby even better, you can try them on.

Another vote for Polaroid here. I bought some for £25 from Asda, they're polarised and brilliant for driving in. They seem to keep 'on trend' with fashion too.

I saw lots of sunglasses in the TK Maxx yellow ticket (final clearance) sale, so might be worth a peek in there if you're near a store.

Original Poster

Tried The Range - no sunglasses in until summer!

Try TK maxx! Branded sunglasses for non-branded prices.

bhara

They have non branded ones for £25 i'm 99% sure. They're on a sunglass … They have non branded ones for £25 i'm 99% sure. They're on a sunglass spinner.

Yes, they sell both , designer and non designer x
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any plumbers DIY'rs? basin waste problem11
    2. Can you change the battery on the newer style Oral B 4000 toothbrush?79
    3. iPhone charging cable.915
    4. electric hammer drill46

See more discussions