Groups

What make/model hdd is in a slim PS3?

I haven´t ordered our upgrade yet so I wanted to know
    what kind of drive is in the slim so I can see how much they go for on ebay.
    I know I could just have a look but I don´t wanna go near those screws
    unless it´s to change the hdd :-)

11 Comments

it will be a 2.5" Sata drive. 120Gb. Model not sure.

Original Poster

Adam2050;6316317

it will be a 2.5" Sata drive. 120Gb. Model not sure.

LOL yeah I know that ;-)

Just need the make and model
    :thumbsup:

The make of Hard Drive in the phat ps3's were Hitachi, whether its the same in the slim one im unsure.

Have a read of this, gives you a bit of info on the new slim ps3.
    pcmag.com/art…asp

TanyaSpace;6316331

LOL yeah I know that ;-)Just need the make and model:thumbsup:

There different my bro's 80gb had a toshiba I think and mine had a 60gb Hitachi I think. Not sure. But either way it doesn't matter just order one thats known to work with the mobo. Sure theres a list somehwere.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

I know which one I wanna buy
    I wanna know what kind is in the console so I can check ebay
    to see how much they´re selling for as I wanna sell after the upgrade

TanyaSpace;6316382

I know which one I wanna buy :)I wanna know what kind is in the console … I know which one I wanna buy :)I wanna know what kind is in the console so I can check ebay to see how much they´re selling for as I wanna sell after the upgrade

LOL wait then.:thumbsup:

ifixit did a tear down - and on that one it was a Toshiba MK1255GSX (HDD2H26). I guess you're not gonna know for sure until you take a peek inside.

If you're interested in how these come apart the link to ifixit is below;
    ]http//ww…1/1

Original Poster

Thanks

I guess I just order one and see what´s inside the ps3 after.
    It´s not like they put no name ones in anyway

Banned

stevey_p7;6316349

The make of Hard Drive in the phat ps3's were Hitachi, whether its the … The make of Hard Drive in the phat ps3's were Hitachi, whether its the same in the slim one im unsure.Have a read of this, gives you a bit of info on the new slim ps3.http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2352134,00.asp

My "phat" one had a Seagate 40 GB HDD in which i recently swapped for a 320GB WD which i got thanks to a deal on here from [url]www.play.com[/url], quite easy i thought:thumbsup:

Banned

depends where manufactured

ive had seagate, hitachi and somat else that i cant rememer now in my other ps3's and ive had over a hunderd

sennasnit;6316662

My "phat" one had a Seagate 40 GB HDD in which i recently swapped for a … My "phat" one had a Seagate 40 GB HDD in which i recently swapped for a 320GB WD which i got thanks to a deal on here from [url]www.play.com[/url], quite easy i thought:thumbsup:

Oh right, madness. I just assumed that as my 40gb one was Hitachi then all 40gb ones would be. Strange but i whipped it out and got a 320gb WD the same as yourself.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1118
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?2488
      3. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1219
      4. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?917

See more discussions