What makes a cold deal?

Posted 28th Nov
I posted a deal recently for a new gaming monitor that is released by MSI with the inclusion of a FREE gaming chair worth £280.

The deal instantly went cold. Could someone explain why as this is a good deal if you have the money to spend..
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
it just depends who is online at a particular time if its not a bad deal, but £900 for a monitor is to most that will be madness, but saying that its only been live 25 minutes so anything can happen.
This site full of people looking for bargain.
When there are full of parents looking for £300 - 400 laptop for 10 years old 'gaming', who would think about £900 monitor?
Edited by: "Cisco060606" 28th Nov
So then the site should be renamed to hotukdealsForParents... I thought this is a site for all products that could be considered a bargain?
Granted £800 for a monitor is absurd but it is a good deal for the price payed
I wouldn't take it to heart. Some you win some you lose. Dont just come on thinking your deal will get hot, just think you could be helping somebody get a deal... I couldn't care less if my deals went -1000 as long as a couple even one person was getting a good deal.
How long did give it between posting your deal and then making a thread to ask why it was cold, maybe all of 15 minutes?

It could just be that the first people who saw it initially didn’t really read the deal properly to see that a gaming chair was included. It could just be that people that are in to computing tech haven’t seen it and voted yet. It could be that because it's the day before Black Friday everyone on here is looking for cheap PS4 and Xbox One consoles and accessories. But whatever the reason, does it really matter? You thought that it was a good deal and you posted it so that others could see it. Who cares what people on here think of it, whether they seem it worthy of heat or cold, it's not really that important. But if some people see it and think "Wow, nice deal!" and pick it up and enjoy it then that's ask that really matters isn't it?
Post an iPhone and you’ll almost certainly get a cold deal. People here don’t like iPhone sadly.
Jpows028/11/2019 20:13

Granted £800 for a monitor is absurd but it is a good deal for the price …Granted £800 for a monitor is absurd but it is a good deal for the price payed

I'm not sure what your logic is there. How can it be both absurdly priced and a good deal?

HUKD is not a price comparison site. If you just want to know when a product is cheap for that particular product then there are plenty of sites that'll do that job much better.

So we have to ask is £870 for a monitor and chair a good deal when similar screens can be had for £300-400, and the 'gaming' chairs have a reputation for being substantially overpriced:
laptopsdirect.co.uk/msi…13/

At £400 it'd be a hot deal, at £600 it'll be a decent deal. At £870 it's only going to appeal to those who must have that particular model of screen, and who need a chair.
EndlessWaves28/11/2019 22:09

I'm not sure what your logic is there. How can it be both absurdly priced …I'm not sure what your logic is there. How can it be both absurdly priced and a good deal?HUKD is not a price comparison site. If you just want to know when a product is cheap for that particular product then there are plenty of sites that'll do that job much better. So we have to ask is £870 for a monitor and chair a good deal when similar screens can be had for £300-400, and the 'gaming' chairs have a reputation for being substantially overpriced:https://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/msi-optix-mag341cq-34-8ms-100hz-uwqhd-freesync-hdmi-curved-gaming-monitor-9s6-3ma01h-013/At £400 it'd be a hot deal, at £600 it'll be a decent deal. At £870 it's only going to appeal to those who must have that particular model of screen, and who need a chair.

I myself wouldn’t pay that for a monitor but I’m sure plenty would though

I checked price comparison websites and it was the cheapest including a gaming chair.

So what is the this site for then? Arnt all deals added based on a comparison from other sites?

Do you know much about this monitor or are you just ridiculing the price.
@Jpows0

It’s not unusual for good savings on expensive or niche products to go cold.

If a deal picks up a handful of cold votes straight after been posted as people don’t know the product and see a high price tag then sadly it appear to me that other voters simply vote with the flow and follow like sheep.

I see amazing deals with huge saving go cold and I see rubbish deals in my opinion go hot.

Hot and Cold doesn’t always mean good / bad

I’ll give you an example

Both these non deals in my opinion gained huge heat.

This 1% / 1p saving on a chocolate orange went gained crazy heat and was even highlighted they are always sold for £1 in the like of Poundland / B&M / One Below

hotukdeals.com/dea…451

the following a day another chocolate orange deal was posted with them for £1 and was allowed to remain even though deals are suppose to be the cheapest and market leasing this also gained over 500 heat

hotukdeals.com/dea…211

Then this deal for example was a 52% / nearly £90 off saving and went cold

hotukdeals.com/dea…384

I understand your frustration when you can come across a great deal and taken the time to put together a deal for it to go cold but don’t worry about the heat the deal is still out out their for people to see and save money, I know cold deals don’t get the same exposure but they I’ll help other save which is presumably your reason for posting.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants