Groups

What makes you a nice person and do you believe in Karma?

I try to be the nicest person I can be and regularly help people out including strangers but I've had quite a bit of bad luck of late but I weren't exactly the nicest person throughout my teenage years...is Karma coming back to bite me?

What makes you a nice person and what have you done this week to label yourself as nice?

30 Comments

Banned

I'm not a nice person at all, and I don't appear to have any extra bad luck due to this.

So basically... you are wasting your time.

Suggest you rebrand to Real*******man

my friend earl has this issue

Banned

was thinking about pullin some wings off a wasp?

what will karma do?

Continue to be the person you are - you reap what you sow most of the time

I think there is such a thing as being a bit unlucky at times too.

I like to think I'm a nice person, generally selfless and altogether soft touch. Not always the best way to be! I do believe in karma though. However, sometimes life is just a bit(h!

casparwhite;6067948

was thinking about pullin some wings off a wasp?what will karma do?

Turn your toe nails bright pink :-D

Banned

Butterflies;6067957

Turn your toe nails bright pink :-D

but i like green

Banned

casparwhite;6067969

:obut i like green

+1

wtf :?

Karma-Karma-Karma-Karma-Karma-Chameleon

Banned

jellybaby22;6067985

I havent done anything particulary nice for a while...unless you count … I havent done anything particulary nice for a while...unless you count feeding stray cats...Im not a cat lady though...cos that makes me sound like I am.....:lol:Dont believe it karma much though..cos right now I am the happiest I have ever been I think you make your own luck...everyone goes though bad phases........

You have been nice to me JB.

I'm glad life is good for you at the moment x x

Original Poster

casparwhite;6067948

was thinking about pullin some wings off a wasp?what will karma do?

Lol, what was a joke...and even if I did do it, it would of stopped him stinging anyone else...so you see, even when I'm joking, I'm being nice. lol

Original Poster

jellybaby22;6067985

I havent done anything particulary nice for a while...unless you count … I havent done anything particulary nice for a while...unless you count feeding stray cats...Im not a cat lady though...cos that makes me sound like I am.....:lol:Dont believe it karma much though..cos right now I am the happiest I have ever been I think you make your own luck...everyone goes though bad phases........

I told you, you had to take your opportunity JB and look how happy you are now. :-D

Life is about taking chances and doing everything in your power to be happy, it's a shame everyone can't follow your methods, as the world would be a nice place. :thumbsup: ....I can't believe I just said that about you of all people. :lol:

realfriendlyman;6068020

I told you, you had to take your opportunity JB and look how happy you … I told you, you had to take your opportunity JB and look how happy you are now. :-DLife is about taking chances and doing everything in your power to be happy, it's a shame everyone can't follow your methods, as the world would be a nice place. :thumbsup: ....I can't believe I just said that about you of all people. :lol:

Yes agree completely on taking chances and doing everything you can to be happy. I'm a very happy person, thanks to both of these! Never just put up with a situation - change it!

karma coming back to you for bad things you do is just not true. Ask any buddhist, it's not the interpretation of Karma at all, just a misconception.

Original Poster

Susannah;6068049

Yes agree completely on taking chances and doing everything you can to be … Yes agree completely on taking chances and doing everything you can to be happy. I'm a very happy person, thanks to both of these! Never just put up with a situation - change it!

I agree completely but it's never just about 1 person, the other people around you need to have the same mentality.

jellybaby22;6068060

ha..you love me really.......I think if anyone deserves to be happy its … ha..you love me really.......I think if anyone deserves to be happy its you...and you will be one day....take your own advice sometimes though.....if you know what you want....go for it xx

I have been going for everything that I've wanted for a while now...it's other people that prevent it from happening, as life is never quite that easy. :roll:

Everyone has to strive to be happy though and thank you for your kind words...I do believe I'll eventually be happy, it's just a case of when rather that if it'll happen....hopefully anyway :oops:

Original Poster

SunTzu;6068080

karma coming back to you for bad things you do is just not true. Ask any … karma coming back to you for bad things you do is just not true. Ask any buddhist, it's not the interpretation of Karma at all, just a misconception.

What's the true conception then?

I usually find all the A***Holes get all the luck!! Nice guys usually finish last... life sucks!

Original Poster

angelwithdirtyw;6068259

I usually find all the A***Holes get all the luck!! Nice guys usually … I usually find all the A***Holes get all the luck!! Nice guys usually finish last... life sucks!

Hmmm....I did have a lot more luck when I weren't as nice as a teenager...maybe I should revert back to it. :giggle:

No one has actually commented on the nice stuff they do......maybe we're all horrible f****ers lol

I wouldnt say I did nice things but I certainly dont do horrible things
    If by being nice is trying to help others, ie. I take home grown veg round to my elderly neighbours, Im going to look after my cousins Boxer puppy this weekend, I visit my parents at least once a week, I am going to help clean my sons flat on Saturday coz the landlord is visiting on Monday......these are things I just do as per normal, I wouldnt say I was going out my way to be nice though

well I try to be a nice person, I am honest, help others first then my self, kind, patient and try to be calm and not loose my cool. I believe what ever happens its for the best you may not notice it but in the long run you will understand.

Original Poster

jellybaby22;6068545

I have thought of a nice thing...I let my OH play xbox for hlf an hour … I have thought of a nice thing...I let my OH play xbox for hlf an hour before he cleans the houuse and makes my dinner..nice of me...cos in that time he could have run me a bath, or done some washing or something.....:-D

Awww, that's so sweet, I think you should make him do all the stuff you mentioned to earn the next half hour of xbox. lol

Do you want me to help you think of some more choirs? lol

Anyway, what have you done to deserve such nice treatment?

Original Poster

bitseylango;6068548

I wouldnt say I did nice things but I certainly dont do horrible things … I wouldnt say I did nice things but I certainly dont do horrible things :)If by being nice is trying to help others, ie. I take home grown veg round to my elderly neighbours, Im going to look after my cousins Boxer puppy this weekend, I visit my parents at least once a week, I am going to help clean my sons flat on Saturday coz the landlord is visiting on Monday......these are things I just do as per normal, I wouldnt say I was going out my way to be nice though

That shows that you're a decent person then naturally, which is what I'm like. :-D

Now that you've talked about the good stuff, what bad stuff have you done recently, apart from blow everyone away? :w00t:

realfriendlyman;6068580

That shows that you're a decent person then naturally, which is what I'm … That shows that you're a decent person then naturally, which is what I'm like. :-DNow that you've talked about the good stuff, what bad stuff have you done recently, apart from blow everyone away? :w00t:

bad stuff? moi? :oops:

I ate hubbys revels and blamed it on the kids ( I did confess later) and as you know me so well......yes I farted last night and blamed the dog!:p

Original Poster

jellybaby22;6068582

anymore chore ideas would be gladly appreciated....and you dont want to … anymore chore ideas would be gladly appreciated....and you dont want to know what I have done to be treated so nicely......:w00t:no...in all honesty..he does all that for me..to look after me......and Im very lucky

He sounds like a good guy...does he have a twin sister....hopefully one that doesn't look like him though? :giggle:

bitseylango;6068596

bad stuff? moi? :oops:I ate hubbys revels and blamed it on the kids ( I … bad stuff? moi? :oops:I ate hubbys revels and blamed it on the kids ( I did confess later) and as you know me so well......yes I farted last night and blamed the dog!:p

I know this sounds like a crazy question but does the dog ever get beats for doing such nasty farts? :lol:

maybe its karma kickin your ass for trying to make up jokes about kids sitting on wacko jackos face the night he died.:thumbsup:

from memory they weren't funny either.

Original Poster

jellybaby22;6068655

ewwwww...... horrible mental images..................:prop:

Yeah I almost threw up picturing it. lol

Actually.....since he does nice things for you....how about taking a pic of him with a wig on for a laugh. :giggle:

starsparkle2311;6068703

Nicest thing about me is that I am honest, not sure about Karma,my … Nicest thing about me is that I am honest, not sure about Karma,my honesty tends to get people taking advantage, especially certain people on here, but then this is the 'net so I don't take that too heart too much.:roll:Real life?, you get what you give I have always found:)

Yeah, that definitely happens...my honesty has gotten me into so much trouble in the past, whereas others get away with murder by lying. :roll:

Original Poster

jellybaby22;6068758

you want pics of him in a wig........... I am seriouly worried about … you want pics of him in a wig........... I am seriouly worried about you......and you have no idea how worried he is...what next RFM..... you will be requesting nudes........ :lol:

lol, did you show him? :oops:

Well, since he now thinks I'm weird, you might as well go all the way and get him in a wig with nudes......just please don't show me...I'll be scarred for life :lol:

realfriendlyman;6068143

What's the true conception then?

Briefly it's more that you inherit or attach to a karmic stream when you are born. The good you will do during your life (think compassion, non-judgement etc.) will go towards cancelling it out and making the universe a better place. It doesn't operate on a micro level such as squashing a fly and then getting something bad happen to you, it's much less person specific. If that makes sense!

casparwhite;6067969

:obut i like green

Christ, would you make your mind up about the whole thing?

i looked after an ex friend of mine while they were on a 'break' from their partner and made sure they had somewhere to stay and company etc. didnt get much thanks for it though as soon as they got back with the ex they stopped talking to me.... hope karma is real but unfortunately i dont think it is :x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2240
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
      4. What would be HELL to you?2634

See more discussions