Groups

What mobile

I need to replace my mobile that has a cracked screen and awful camera (Cubot x17_s).

I'll buy second hand, top money around £120. Don't want to go chinese again, too many glitchy problems and lack of updates. Not interested in rooting, too faffy.

Needs:

A decent camera

Android only

Decent display

Best memory for my available funds

Would prefer the option to transfer apps to sd but is not a deal breaker if not

What would people in the know recommend? I know, I'm not asking much am I? I'm completely out of touch nowadays.

Thanks in advance

Edit: I might consider an ubuntu phone if any good.

7 Comments

have you tried Samsung galaxy J series phones

Avoid second hand...costly if they go wrong. How about this..
    three.co.uk/hon…rey

My son has one, very fast, great camera and battery life. Three have good customer service too.
    Huawei are not a cheap, knock off, Chinese company. They are major players with lots of experience in the mobile telecoms market.

I have an Honor 7, which is made by same people, and my Daughter has a Huawei Mate 9. Non of us had ever had any problems with freezing phones, etc. None of us have had to contract Three about our phones either.
    Can't recommend them enough.

mrty

Avoid second hand...costly if they go wrong. How about … Avoid second hand...costly if they go wrong. How about this..http://www.three.co.uk/honor/5c?featuretab=Specifications&memory=16&colour=Mystery%20GreyMy son has one, very fast, great camera and battery life. Three have good customer service too. Huawei are not a cheap, knock off, Chinese company. They are major players with lots of experience in the mobile telecoms market. I have an Honor 7, which is made by same people, and my Daughter has a Huawei Mate 9. Non of us had ever had any problems with freezing phones, etc. None of us have had to contract Three about our phones either. Can't recommend them enough.

Yep this looks a good deal for the money. I agree Huawei are good phones.
    Amazon have some used Moto G4. amazon.co.uk/gp/…all

Still reckon a new Huawei is a good deal unless someone comes up with something better.

Original Poster

The only real problem I have is that I don't want to go on a contract. Been bitten by that one before. Needs to be handset only.
    However, thanks for the replies thus far

If you can strecth your budget a little bit you can go for the BLU Vivo 5R. 32 GB and 3 GB RAM, FullHD screen, fingerprint. I had a couple of BLUs in the past, there are two catches. No1 they never update their firmware (at least that's my experience); No2 I find Mediatek chipsets horrible in power management. This one has a 3150 mAh battery of course, which is quite decent, so it may do better than the ones I had in the past.

Loudmouth

The only real problem I have is that I don't want to go on a contract. … The only real problem I have is that I don't want to go on a contract. Been bitten by that one before. Needs to be handset only.However, thanks for the replies thus far

​ It is available on PAYG, £134.99. Just go to 'choose a plan' and the PAYG option is the first one. Lot of phone for the money.

Original Poster

mrty

​ It is available on PAYG, £134.99. Just go to 'choose a plan' and the PA … ​ It is available on PAYG, £134.99. Just go to 'choose a plan' and the PAYG option is the first one. Lot of phone for the money.

Ohhhhhhh. Didn't see that, thanks.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Which Kodi Add-ons?1415
      2. Rain effect window. The one from FRIENDS! Please help!78
      3. Battery drain on iOS 111315
      4. Marvel characters11

See more discussions