What monitor cable do I need to connect PC/Laptop to TV? Where can I get one?

4 replies
Found 31st Dec 2009
Looking for a cable to connect my PC to my TV and my laptop to my TV.

I have attached photos so you can see what connections I have.

Pioneer TV connection - img710.imageshack.us/i/t…pg/

Cable connection to PC monitor - img684.imageshack.us/i/v…pg/
Laptop connection - img684.imageshack.us/i/l…pg/
This is the model / spec of my laptop - img29.imageshack.us/i/l…pg/

Thanks in advance.


Depends on the connectors your lappy has. I use an HMDI cable, because my Lappy has an HDMI out.

The laptop will have to go to the VGA port on the TV (the one labelled Analogue RGB) using a VGA cable (like you're using to connect the PC and TV). Whether the PC can be plugged into at the same time depends on what outputs it's got and what you want to use it for. The remaining two ports in that picture are low-resolution ones, sufficient for watching videos but not ideal if you want to browser the web or run other normal PC programs.

If only the VGA port is usable for your use then you'll either have to swap the cables manually or get a switch box. If you don't mind a low resolution picture then you'll need to find out whether your PC's got any S-Video or Composite ports.

If this is an HDTV I'm surprised it doesn't have HDMI or DVI ports, or are they all in use?

EDIT: As to where, anywhere that won't rip you off. Ebuyer do them for a pound or two but don't have a cheap postage option but most online shops charge ridiculous prices of £10 or more.
Post a comment
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769467
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247628
    3. South Park: The Fractured Butt Hole Preorders - Ubisoft Store (Free Season …12
    4. Missing the old HUKD for sale area.1010

    See more discussions