What movie would test a blu ray player

17 replies
Found 13th Jun 2010
Ok i would like to know what movie would show off a new blu ray player the best

The recommendations i have had so far are Avatar or planet earth, what would you recommend?

17 Comments

Gladiator is impressive on BR.

those 2 :thumbsup:

Disney, particularly the film Up and Disney Cars. They both look immense on bluray at full 1080p

avatar and planet earth are impressive,but imho,if your SOLE purpose is to check blu ray quality,your setup,colours,sounds etc,there is NO better disc than "the circus live" by take that(lol) not everyones cup of tea music wise but deffo the best blu ray I have seen-it is simply STUNNING!

barky;8827799

take that

Oh dear, I cant believe you have confessed to that! Its all downhill now.

either transformers

Try The Dark Knight. Stunning viewing and amazing film

moob;8827766

Gladiator is impressive on BR.

Every blu-ray review of Gladiator i've read says otherwise.

Try Dark Knight, Transformers, Avatar, Black Hawk Down, Toy Story 1 or 2, Cars

sunshine
up
toy story 1&2
scanner darkly
planet earth

must admit, not really a take that fan but the wife has the blu ray of "the circus" and barky is right, it looks and sounds brilliant

Banned

As mentioned in another thread, Hidden (cache) and Zodiac are the two best Blu Ray discs I've seen. If you ever wanted to witness a near looking through a window effect then these will give you that.

All the big budget special effects movies like Avatar and the pixar stuff are obvious good discs but they don't have the same effect as seeing real people in high definition rather than special effects. Probbaly why Barky mentioned the Take That disc.

im pretty sure i can remember reading in What Hi-Fi that you shouldnt really use CGI movies to compare TV's,Dvd and Blu-Ray players.

From what ive seen on previous Blu-ray posts the 3 that keep cropping up are as mentioned..Transformers,Dark Knight & Planet Earth

rwm24;8828159

Every blu-ray review of Gladiator i've read says otherwise.Try Dark … Every blu-ray review of Gladiator i've read says otherwise.Try Dark Knight, Transformers, Avatar, Black Hawk Down, Toy Story 1 or 2, Cars

Fair enough, it's just my opinion.

go to avsforums there's a bluray rating system very handy . btw crank is a great tester

ridgerama;8828309

go to avsforums there's a bluray rating system very handy . btw crank is … go to avsforums there's a bluray rating system very handy . btw crank is a great tester

you got a link to it?

Hellboy 2 is amazeballs on bluray, with a great mix of real people and CGI, daytime landscape views of countryside and dark nighttime scenes. Plus lots of fast moving action sequences, such as the Prince's excellent workout with a spear type thing :thumbsup:

Chuckles1001;8828630

you got a link to it?

sorry wasnt online on laptop all day

avsforum.com/avs…342
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. word association Game74244871
    2. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322826
    3. Misco about to go into administration912
    4. Add one, leave one game54315392