What netbook for a child?

Found 27th Apr
My little one (age 4!) wants a laptop (netbook) - can anyone recommend one please - don't want to spend more than £200 max! Ideally around 11" so not too heavy and although could do with it being slighly sturdier.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
I wonder why mods have removed previous post. it was absolutely reasonable
I gave my old laptop to my six year old and he managed to break one of the keys from the keyboard ( he claims he didn't!)

He mainly uses for Roblox. If I were to buy him a new netbook or similar I would go for a chromebook.
They will be below £200.00
Maybe somebody in here could recommend a model.
have a look at a Chromebook.
These probably best spec for £200

This with faster CPU.
ebuyer.com/825…quk

This slower CPU but with touchscreen
laptopsdirect.co.uk/len…asp

If you want something else, making sure SSD with 64GB+ if you choose Windows OS.
32GB is not enough IMO
A 4 year old has no need for a windows machine. Spend your money on something like a tablet with adequate child controls.
mattsk8 h, 48 m ago

I wonder why mods have removed previous post. it was absolutely reasonable

In fairness to the Mods; if it was mine (on needs vs wants), I deleted it. We are not supposed to start arguments, no matter what the provocation.
bally123451 h, 16 m ago

A 4 year old has no need for a windows machine. Spend your money on …A 4 year old has no need for a windows machine. Spend your money on something like a tablet with adequate child controls.

She already has a tablet but likes the idea of a physical keyboard... I'm not sure if I can buy her a keyboard dock for fire 8 tab?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions