Expired

What New Car to get under £200 (225 at a push) on PCP etc

Found 26th Mar 2014
I'm in the market for a new Car.

I have been looking at a variety of cars, I've no urgency to upgrade, just fancy a change after owning outright my present car (A 3 1/2 year old Kia Cee'd). As I see no sense in actually owning a new car outright as it's dead money, I've decided to use some of my disposable income to get something newer and nicer.

So I'm looking for suggestions of cars that would match my budget, places to look that I might not have already looked and if people have seen any good deals worth considering.

I have a few requirements as follows;
Budget per month of £200 (£225 max for a really good deal), PCP, HP whatever as I'm not fussed in that respect.
I'd like some toys as while the Kia has suited my needs, if I am paying each month for the carm I want to enjoy it.
Medium/Large cars that are not SUV's or Cross overs, I don't like driving smaller cars and I think the SUV/Crossover thing is a pointless fad
A bit of punch, I don't require insane levels of Power but something with a bit of go would be nice.
Reasonable to insure.
Diesel (petrol has been costing an arm and a leg with my mainly motorway commute)

Thing's I'd enjoy, Leather seats, Heated Seats, Heated windows, Parking Sensors, Anything techie

I've so far been looking at
Skoda Octavia (2.0 Elegance)
Skoda Rapid (Elegance)
Vauxhall Insignia (SRi and Elite Trims)
Seat Leon (FR)

Suggestions welcome, however, I'll sit back and wait for the first muppet to suggest something stupid like Audi A6 Avant.
Community Updates
AskCar
9 Comments
vw golf on a 3+35 1.6d is £170+vat based on 10kpa. look at applied leasing. ask for Adam hes always sorted out my cars. good time of year to get a last minute deal before end of march being first quarter.

if you want flashy they have Merc slk250's in a stonker of a deal too!!
You won't be disappointed with the Octavia or the Rapid if you get a specced up one, lovely cars and much cheaper than the Insignia which is essentially the same car.
RAhmed1234

vw golf on a 3+35 1.6d is £170+vat based on 10kpa. look at applied … vw golf on a 3+35 1.6d is £170+vat based on 10kpa. look at applied leasing. ask for Adam hes always sorted out my cars. good time of year to get a last minute deal before end of march being first quarter. if you want flashy they have Merc slk250's in a stonker of a deal too!!

Do you tend to get a better deal if you speak to someone about what you want? Thanks for the suggestion I'll take a looksee.

RAhmed1234

look at contracthireandleasing.com

Already had a look at them. If anything it's where a few options I've considered came about from.

momartin

You won't be disappointed with the Octavia or the Rapid if you get a … You won't be disappointed with the Octavia or the Rapid if you get a specced up one, lovely cars and much cheaper than the Insignia which is essentially the same car.

Had a go of the Octavia 1.6TDI SE today, rather impressed. Still fancy the 2.0 model for the extra gear, extra guts and to have it in Elegance trim, I'll be trying one out in the coming weeks for sure as I don't know if the extra is worth it for the larger engine. Only thing I found odd is the hand brake is on the wrong side of the car.

As to it being the same as the Insignia that's a General Motors car and the Octavia is a Volkswagen Audi Group car, so they are entirely different. However, the depreciation on an Insignia is rather scary as I was reading on one site that a top spec model without extras will drop to just over 25% over 3 years and that's just madness.
Edited by: "Astec123" 26th Mar 2014
you should consider an a5 s line
This looks like the car for you
http://www.funny-page.net/pictures/softcore/funny-page-004024-small-car.jpg
How about a new 4x4. markkey.co.uk
Not sure you can get one in your budget but when I looked at the Insignia, I opted for the Mazda 6 instead and I'm on my second one now. Lovely cruising car with a 2.2D and lots of nice gadgets. Probably will set you back more than the Octavia but well worth looking at Imo.
Just checked my dealer's website and you can get a Mazda6 Saloon 150ps SE-L Diesel for £249/m pcp over 41m.
Edited by: "Ar460rn" 26th Mar 2014
hukdealz

you should consider an a5 s line

Thanks for the oh so helpful response. Did you lose how to access Misc? Here it is

foes4you

This looks like the car for you

I require the back story for that car as it looks a lark.

welsh ham

How about a new 4x4. http://www.markkey.co.uk

Welcome Comrade. Planning a UK take over like Crimea?

Ar460rn

Not sure you can get one in your budget but when I looked at the … Not sure you can get one in your budget but when I looked at the Insignia, I opted for the Mazda 6 instead and I'm on my second one now. Lovely cruising car with a 2.2D and lots of nice gadgets. Probably will set you back more than the Octavia but well worth looking at Imo.Just checked my dealer's website and you can get a Mazda6 Saloon 150ps SE-L Diesel for £249/m pcp over 41m.

I think the Insignia I have all but given up with due to the depreciation causing issues in finding a range of decent prices. I have found a couple of deals nicely within budget but with no advertised excess mileage and only offering 5000miles. So even up to 7ppm with my travelling would still be acceptable, just waiting on a reply for that information currently.

I looked at a Mazda 3 today and while I love the outside the inside was a bit to eccentric for my taste. I'll have to take a look at the 6 but from what I've seen the outside I just don't really like it and if the inside is similar to the 3, I think it will be one to skip for me. The 6 looks a bit too much like the gulping fish that the old 208 used to be. I'll try see one close up and in person.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants