What next for UKIP?

Just announced that Diane James has decided to not take up the post of leader for 'personal and professional reasons'. Internal political rifts, and understandable horror at being spat upon in public are believed to be contributory reasons. As always, there is probably more to this than is initially spun.

According to early reports, Nigel Farage has not ruled out running for the leadership again. Steven Woolfe is the only other potential candidate with any public profile of note. If he can get his nomination papers in this time of course.

It would be hard to make this stuff up really. 18 days makes Sam Allardyce look a veteran.

37 Comments

Job description; Ranting raving lunatic.

So just about anybody in misk then? X)

don't know the in and outs of why he's not wanting the leadership, but i really like Douglas Carswell, comes across really well. probably the only politician i like lol

Once ukip morphs into a new party with a new name led by Farage again it will take control of parliament and change Britain forever.

tryn2help

Job description; Ranting raving lunatic.So just about anybody in misk … Job description; Ranting raving lunatic.So just about anybody in misk then? X)

or Donald Trump oO

Original Poster

It is wrong to speculate of course - but you do wonder if she has ever truly recovered from this .........

[img]next-geebee.ft.com/ima…45e?source=next&fit=scale-down&width=700[/img]

STRICKIBHOY

don't know the in and outs of why he's not wanting the leadership, but i … don't know the in and outs of why he's not wanting the leadership, but i really like Douglas Carswell, comes across really well. probably the only politician i like lol

​only one problem with carswell, everyone in ukip is calling for him to go, along with hamilton

hooray henry

Once ukip morphs into a new party with a new name led by Farage again it … Once ukip morphs into a new party with a new name led by Farage again it will take control of parliament and change Britain forever.

Lol

Banned

Saturn

It is wrong to speculate of course - but you do wonder if she has ever … It is wrong to speculate of course - but you do wonder if she has ever truly recovered from this .........[img]https://next-geebee.ft.com/image/v1/images/raw/http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.prod.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fab2b116c-7c10-11e6-ae24-f193b105145e?source=next&fit=scale-down&width=700[/img]

People in politics have all sorts of relationships going on.

I remember a young lady in a loft at a hotel at a students union conference. Very interesting & she is now on tv..
Edited by: "YouDontWantToKnow" 4th Oct 2016

Was there a hole drilled in the floor of this loft?

Original Poster

[quote=YouDontWantToKnow][quote=Saturn] It is wrong to speculate of course - but you do wonder if she has ever truly recovered from this .........https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2015-08/19/11/enhanced/webdr11/enhanced-22808-1439997659-1.png

Banned

Fred Smith

Was there a hole drilled in the floor of this loft?

No Fred. It was a very interesting experience which was enjoyed by both parties without the influence of alcohol or drugs.

YouDontWantToKnow

People in politics have all sorts of relationships going on.I remember a … People in politics have all sorts of relationships going on.I remember a young lady in a loft at a hotel at a students union conference. Very interesting & she is now on tv..

Wow, if it's flatscreen she's either seriously skinny or got fantastic balance. X)

thewongwing101

or Donald Trump oO

hopefully - cant be worse than the bell end that just walked out of office a few months back. Even a hamster could've done a better job than him. He should be titled as the worst PM in history!

tryn2help

Job description; Ranting raving lunatic.So just about anybody in misk … Job description; Ranting raving lunatic.So just about anybody in misk then? X)

https://media.giphy.com/media/10aIbqnbAbjX9e/giphy.gif

Substantial electoral victory.

STRICKIBHOY

don't know the in and outs of why he's not wanting the leadership, but i … don't know the in and outs of why he's not wanting the leadership, but i really like Douglas Carswell, comes across really well. probably the only politician i like lol

:-\

STRICKIBHOY

Carswell is ex Tory and, I believe, has been trying to change the structure of UKIP to be more in line with the Tories and trying to destroy the party from within. That's the gist of it that I get from the various Twitter accounts I follow.
Edited by: "SJHan" 5th Oct 2016

I guess they'll get a new leader soon, continue with their popular politics and continue to disrupt the status quo.

As much as I dislike Farage, UKIP was all about him. There is no UKIP without Farage so unless they find another charismatic leader then they'll dissolve.

Essentially the far-right in this country will be looking for a new totemic figure.

Maybe they will disband and then all the bigots can crawl back into their holes?

Original Poster

Rubisco

:-\

Is that an incredibly subtle post? If it is - I just got it.

Hmm, elected by a large majority or ordinary members but couldn't get the support of the party's elected politicians.

Sounds familiar.

stuarthanley

Carswell is ex Tory and, I believe, has been trying to change the … Carswell is ex Tory and, I believe, has been trying to change the structure of UKIP to be more in line with the Tories and trying to destroy the party from within. That's the gist of it that I get from the various Twitter accounts I follow.

I thought UKIP were just further-right than the tories - a bit more nutty as it were, and they do have some nutters on show, but it was a surprise to listen to someone like Carswell - and I have to agree with Strickybhoy here - Carswell does seem to come across as a bit of a decent chap.

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

As much as I dislike Farage, UKIP was all about him. There is no UKIP … As much as I dislike Farage, UKIP was all about him. There is no UKIP without Farage so unless they find another charismatic leader then they'll dissolve.Essentially the far-right in this country will be looking for a new totemic figure.

So what makes UKIP far-right?

Original Poster

thewongwing101

They start beating each other up OP … They start beating each other up OP X)http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/06/ukip-leadership-favorite-steven-woolfe-collapses-outside-europea/What a sorry bunch

Must have been quite a punch - he appears a fairly solid chap. With his condition being described as serious, I wonder if an implement was involved. Hope he is OK.

Just when it looked like women were taking over the entire world 8-(

Maybe Suzanne Evans will be able to put herself forward this time around? I've always quite liked her when I've seen her interviewed.

thewongwing101

They start beating each other up OP … They start beating each other up OP X)http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/06/ukip-leadership-favorite-steven-woolfe-collapses-outside-europea/What a sorry bunch

In Strasbourg no less. I just hate to see these stories of Brits going overseas and starting fights.

Saturn

Must have been quite a punch - he appears a fairly solid chap. With his … Must have been quite a punch - he appears a fairly solid chap. With his condition being described as serious, I wonder if an implement was involved. Hope he is OK.

Indeed can only wish him the best
looks like he was punched and hit his head on a windowsill
was planning to defect to the tories

Original Poster

thewongwing101

Indeed can only wish him the bestlooks like he was punched and hit his … Indeed can only wish him the bestlooks like he was punched and hit his head on a windowsill was planning to defect to the tories

Thankfully it seems he is going to be OK according to the BBC. I am sure the person who hit him is immensely relieved.

Still cannot believe that a HUKD member posted an image of him unconscious on the floor with the word "Wow" while he may have been facing brain surgery. Shameful.

thewongwing101

A source close to the party said the fight happened when Mike Hookem, … A source close to the party said the fight happened when Mike Hookem, MEP, turned up to the Strasbourg meeting at 10am and “made a few choice words” to Woolfe about “defecting to the Tories”.“Stephen Woolfe has then taken his jacket off, walked over and said, ‘Right, you outside now’ or words to that effect,” the source told the Guardian. “They went outside and Stephen Woolfe got the better of it.”It is understood that Woolfe walked away from the fight and appeared well enough to vote half an hour later. However, Woolfe left the vote mid-way through and then collapsed before he was taken to hospital.The source added that Woolfe is thought to be conscious and recovering well to hospital treatment. Nathan Gill, his fellow MEP and a close friend, is at Woolfe’s hospital bedside.The source said he is concerned about what will happen next to both MEPs. “Stephen was the aggressor but Hookem has hit him and I just know the way that will come across,

He has had a scan and seems to be fine
These two UKIP MEP's not really coming out of it smelling of roses

Saturn

Thankfully it seems he is going to be OK according to the BBC. I am sure … Thankfully it seems he is going to be OK according to the BBC. I am sure the person who hit him is immensely relieved.Still cannot believe that a HUKD member posted an image of him unconscious on the floor with the word "Wow" while he may have been facing brain surgery. Shameful.

missed that went shopping

Original Poster

thewongwing101

missed that went shopping

Thankfully the moderation team stepped in. It was a very disturbing image to post at any time, let alone when surgery is possible, and his family were not even at his side.

thewongwing101

He has had a scan and seems to be fine These two UKIP MEP's not really … He has had a scan and seems to be fine These two UKIP MEP's not really coming out of it smelling of roses

Well that's good news. From the pictures that were in the media and on TV, it appeared as if he had no idea it was coming. Chap still had his briefcase in his left hand.

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

Well that's good news. From the pictures that were in the media and on … Well that's good news. From the pictures that were in the media and on TV, it appeared as if he had no idea it was coming. Chap still had his briefcase in his left hand.

If you read my quote above he collapsed later on
Hamilton is now having a go at Farage

I will say this; that there has been for some time a growing … I will say this; that there has been for some time a growing unpleasantness in the party which starts right at the top, I’m going to be quite open about this, with Nigel Farage. The verbal abuse which has been hurled about in public and on social media in particular is quite appalling and totally unacceptable. A grown-up political party simply should not tolerate it.

What a joke of a political party
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3955
    2. Win a Free minion usb stick22
    3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020

See more discussions