What obviously brilliant PS4 game left you completely cold?

Posted 12th Jun 2020
GTA V for me.

Had a go, didn't find it at all engaging.

Honourable mentions to the NBA 2K series and DiRT Rally 2.0.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
The Last of Us.
19 Comments
The Last of Us.
Horizon Zero Dawn.
At the time, I had oversaturated my gaming library with Ubisoft open world-esque games like Far Cry and Assassins Creed and HZD just felt too much like them - I am aware of the impending hate in the replies i'm going to recieve due to the comparisons.

Now that it's been a while since i've played a proper open world game (and that the complete edition being around a tenner) I'm planning to pick this up and hopefully enjoy the game as it's supposed to be and also in preparation for Horizon Zero Dawn 2 which looked spectacular in it's (brief) reveal last night
Modern Warfare. I found that I had absolutely no desire to carry on playing either the campaign mode, multiplayer, or Warzone after an hour or so of any of them. I was glad that I bought it as a physical game so that I could sell it on pretty quick.
Final Fantasy 15. Incredibly unlikable and cliché characters, overwrought dialogue, boring traversal and quests. I haven't been able to get into any FF game I've tried, I guess the series just isn't for me. Also despite being a huge fan of the first game, Gravity Rush 2 really disappointed me. More recently, No Man's Sky. Despite all its content updates, it still feels empty and soulless whilst bombarding you with new mechanics far to quickly at the start. So it manages to come across as simultaneously underwhelming and overwhelming!
alex26099312/06/2020 10:59

Horizon Zero Dawn.At the time, I had oversaturated my gaming library with …Horizon Zero Dawn.At the time, I had oversaturated my gaming library with Ubisoft open world-esque games like Far Cry and Assassins Creed and HZD just felt too much like them - I am aware of the impending hate in the replies i'm going to recieve due to the comparisons. Now that it's been a while since i've played a proper open world game (and that the complete edition being around a tenner) I'm planning to pick this up and hopefully enjoy the game as it's supposed to be and also in preparation for Horizon Zero Dawn 2 which looked spectacular in it's (brief) reveal last night

it's nothing like a ubisoft open world game to drain your soul and love for gaming.

Happened to me with Assassin's Creed Origins,as much as I love the ancient world after 40 hours of the same thing each region. I sold it on Ebay without finishing the main story.
The real question is what game has actually lived up to your expectations? For me (and the only one to )RDR2 did for awhile but then I found myself bored and didn't finish it.
Jump_Out_Gang12/06/2020 11:26

The real question is what game has actually lived up to your expectations?

Detroit: Become Human. Absolutely stunning graphics and a very emotional story.
Red dead 2 😴
Bloodborne just don't find it fun to play.
God of war and Spider-Man... just found both of them to be horrible. Got bored quite quickly
Edited by: "-Will-" 12th Jun
I am the same with GTA V. It's obviously a very popular game so will have to give it another go at some point. Just Cause 3 also...
Toss up between Horizon Zero Dawn & Persona 5
There are numerous - God of War, played it for maybe five minutes - lucky it was free, Driveclub was rubbish.

There was one I forget the name of but people raved on about it, I got to the end of the first section where you fight a really tough bad guy, buy could not get past no matter what I tried. I mean I know it should be hard but I gave up after something like forty attempts, obviously not for me.

GTA V is the one game I always go back to. Always a race to participate in, my mate who played it on the PS3 used to thrash me, now I beat him every time. The heists are usually a good challenge, it's got a variety of things to try and you can make your own.
I've created four survivals but not many people are interested in them.
Assassin's creed origins ... Just too much running. Got that alien armour at level 23 and uninstalled

Last of us .... 3 attempts
Uncharted... No time at the moment
Wolfenstein 2
Mortal Kombat 10
And most recently... Streets of rage... Too short too expensive
mtsk12/06/2020 13:15

Assassin's creed origins ... Just too much running. Got that alien armour …Assassin's creed origins ... Just too much running. Got that alien armour at level 23 and uninstalledLast of us .... 3 attemptsUncharted... No time at the momentWolfenstein 2Mortal Kombat 10And most recently... Streets of rage... Too short too expensive

Agree on that Wolfenstein game uninstalled rather quickly!
The Last of Us (technically PS3 game) - numerous attempts.
deleted2493993
Definitely The Last of Us. The hype was unreal and sadly it didn't live up to it for me.
mafia 3
nahkmiyan16/06/2020 12:31

mafia 3

Does this qualify? I don't think a lot of people thought this was brilliant. Massive disappointment after mafia 2. I couldn't believe how bad the game looked, even on PC. Then repetitive missions. Such a shame. Quite liked the story up to a point.
Post a comment
@
    Text