Groups

what part of wales. suitable for kids?

Hi. Was thinking of going to wales for s few days during the easter school holidays. Will be taking the kids. Two year old. Five year old. 9 year old. Was wandering what part of wales will the kids enjoy. So there should be something for the kids. Maybe activity centres, sea life, outdoor activities etc. any suggestions? Your help is much appreciated. Thanks!

14 Comments

mod

We take ours to Anglesey regularly and there's lots of beaches and plenty of things to do there

+1 for anglesey the beaches are great

have a look at some of the activities at zipworld

I'm in Swansea and here you have the Gower beaches and places like Folly Farm, Oakwood and Bluestone.

I live in Wales and would second this. Pembrokeshire great coast and beaches plus a number of sizeable attractions. As suggested might be worth taking a look at Bluestone which I understand is like Center Parcs but with Oakwood a significant theme park on the doorstep if you want something more organised

karene28

I'm in Swansea and here you have the Gower beaches and places like Folly … I'm in Swansea and here you have the Gower beaches and places like Folly Farm, Oakwood and Bluestone.

Llandlundno is lovely

karene28

I'm in Swansea and here you have the Gower beaches and places like Folly … I'm in Swansea and here you have the Gower beaches and places like Folly Farm, Oakwood and Bluestone.

I agree, Swansea boy here too.

Black rock sands. Not far to bounce below & zip wire / Snowndon and its railway/ castles / hydro electric dam tour / pony trekking and great beach you can even take your car onto.
    Edited by: "marty-401" 11th Apr

I live in wales also and Swansea is my go to place to take the kids. My boys 6 & 9 love it

Certainly not the blowhole!!

Original Poster

Thankyou everyone for your suggestions. Much appreciated

I love Wales. Lived in West Wales as a child and in recent years have stayed in Pembrokeshire a few times and you can't beat it. The beaches are glorious (most of them dog friendly too). We love Freshwater East, Freshwater West (where they filmed some of the scenes from Robin Hood with Russell Crowe, we saw some of the scenes filmed) and the amazing Barafundle beach, near Stackpole, which if you look it up you will see is in a class of its own.

Also in the same area are the Bosherston Lily Ponds, a lovely circular walk with Broadhaven beach half way round the trip. Tenby is beautiful with historic attractions and boat trips to Caldy Island as well as a lovely town to explore. Oh - and of coourse St Davids is not too far away with the smallest cathedral in the UK and Fishguard a bit further up the coast another lovely town where Under Milk Wood was filmed years ago. Also in same area Porthgain where you can see the old quarry works, harbour and art galleries and there are some fabulous places to eat. Oh - and the children will love Strumble head lighthouse not far from St Davids.

Sorry to be so long-winded. As you may have gathered I absolutely love West Wales - and i've not even started about the Gower:) Wales has breathtaking scenery and numerus attractions. Just be careful to hang on to your children for grim death if you go on the Pembrokeshire coastal path as bits of it are not particularly child friendly but the views are amazing.

Edited by: "HantsShopper" 11th Apr

Since you have lots of recommendations for the Gower/Swansea/Tenby area, how about North Wales? LLyn Peninsula has amazing natural beaches/beauty. Snowdonia National Park for the railway up Snowdon. If it rains then the Centre for Alternative Technology or Dolaucothi Gold Mines are good for all ages.
    If you do decide on Gower I'd add Dan yr Ogof Caves and Dinosaur Park as a great kids attraction.

If you're from England, Pembrokeshire is where you want to be. Doubt if you'll hear the Welsh accent when it comes to dealing with people with accommodation to offer.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.917
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047185
      3. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1627
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)64491

See more discussions