Groups

What PAYG should I opt for??

Hi all
    I have just got my PAC code from my 3phone contract that expires next month(19th June). I am not much of a phone user and basically get mostly in-coming calls. I generally use 60-100mins a month and less than 20 texts.

I am planning to go for the asda PAYG that I think is 8p per min to all networks. I know Virgin are offering current customers £8.50 for 100mins, 100texts.

I have 3 weeks to find a suitable company so I am hoping for some good ideas to make sure I get the right deal for me.

Cheers!

9 Comments

im on 02 i pay £5 pm for 1000mins or txt to any ten 02 numbers i can mix and do either but everyone i ring except 1 friend is also on 02 so its costs me nothing really to ring everyone i need to, you should ask what network the people you call most are on that way if you go with same network you wont be topping up as often

Original Poster

My main use is for phoning my Mum on her landline really. I seem to use email nowadays for all my contacting.

Asda mobile seems to be the simplest plan - 8p calls & 4p texts flat rate. Seems very competitively priced to me too.

tuckeral;5255964

Asda mobile seems to be the simplest plan - 8p calls & 4p texts flat … Asda mobile seems to be the simplest plan - 8p calls & 4p texts flat rate. Seems very competitively priced to me too.

if its only for using to ring mum this does seem good :thumbsup:

Original Poster

SABJ;5256000

if its only for using to ring mum this does seem good :thumbsup:

Cheers:thumbsup:, And the odd weekend text, Out for a beer? to my mates, were all pretty brief with phone calls/texts on a Fri or Sat! You only need one text to find out what everyone's up to.

I'm a light user and have gone with Asda, the deal is fantastic.

tonygee;5256014

Cheers:thumbsup:, And the odd weekend text, Out for a beer? to my mates, … Cheers:thumbsup:, And the odd weekend text, Out for a beer? to my mates, were all pretty brief with phone calls/texts on a Fri or Sat!

4p a txt is really good mines 10p a txt to my friend whos not on 02 so at least even if all your friends are on different networks you getting a good deal, it wont be a contract so even if you try it for a month and hate it you can change :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Now I have to get my phone unlocked to allow the asda sim to work, Is £10 the going rate for that at the mo?

Original Poster

dcx_badass;5256336

What phone is it?

3phone
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Amazon Italy Galaxy S8 UK12
      2. Argos 3 for 2 reserving early44
      3. DashCam Recommendation With Front And Rear Camera Built In22
      4. £1500 55 inch 4K TV56