Found 8th May 2007
iv never played any in my life.iv always had my ps2 or xbox. What do you think of that world of warcraft iv seen it about someplaces,seems to be pretty popular. Is it a strategic game.

Iv just bought a new graphics card aswell

Thanks

34 Comments

I've played the Half Life series. Even though I've completed them I tend to go back for another go.

The Football Manager games can go on forever.

The Sims 2 & all expansion pack
Football manager 07

Original Poster

my bro has got sims hes addicted

The Sims 2 is addictive hehe

if you like first person shooters you should definitely try FarCry and FEAR. Both should work fine on a mid-range card

Play FEAR in the dark with surround sounds on :cry: stupid girl in the red coat

fwibble

Play FEAR in the dark with surround sounds on :cry: stupid girl in the … Play FEAR in the dark with surround sounds on :cry: stupid girl in the red coat

Horrid, horrid girl for sure In my eyes you still can't beat Half Life 2, with the graphics cranked up it still looks damned good too.

Age of Empires II, GTA San Andreas with multiplayer plugin.

football manager 2007, great game, fifa 07 and gta.

I play...

Swat 4: The Stechkov Syndicate - Multiplayer online
The Sims2 + all expansions (When I can be bothered to install them all again!)
Any newly released game which is available on torrents. (I like to try before I buy!)
Thats about it. All the time I spend on HUKD I hardly get the time to play any games! :w00t:

Half life games are excellent, I also cannot help going back for more. Episode 2 is coming as well!!!! Yay!!

FEAR in the dark is terrible, I'd play it with my cordless headphones on and the b/f would hear screaming coming from the office..... but it was a great game too.

Just been playing Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. It's my first crossover into RPG land. But it's more like a FPS I suppose. The killings are absolutely amazing! When it goes into a powerup slo-mo matrix style death, it's brill!!

Deus Ex (and Deus Ex 2) was an oldie - but it's really excellent...

Max Payne and Max Payne 2 were also excellent. Especially the mod which turned you into a naked woman.... except there was nowhere to holster your guns...

http://bestsmileys.com/evil/6.gif

Brothers in arms
Half Life 1 and 2
Fable
Gta SA:MP

Sloth/Mod

Football Manager 2007 (always sits in a window in the background and ALWAYS stops me working)
Virtua Tennis 3
Civilisation IV
& City Life Deluxe.

Original Poster

seems half life and FEAR and pretty popular,will they work well with a saphire radeon X1600 pro 256 graphics card.

Am i missing out on on all these games?

How much do these games retail at

Jim
Take a look at [url]www.find-games.co.uk[/url] to find the best prices.

I play SWAT 4, no expansion cos PC is tooo slow!
Anyone want a game? Birdyboy...!?

MattC

I play SWAT 4, no expansion cos PC is tooo slow!Anyone want a game? … I play SWAT 4, no expansion cos PC is tooo slow!Anyone want a game? Birdyboy...!?

Yea!!! When? Now?? :w00t:

EDIT - tell ya wot Matt, we'll play tomorrow. Got too much to do now :-(

Shall we say from 8pm onwards???

A few, but the two that I always go back to are Counter Strike: Source and Battlefield 2.

I used to play Counter Strike: Source...
Mainly got into it as it was free when you bought Half Life 2. Great game. Has a great community behind it (Community, Clans, Leagues etc).
Stopped playing it as it got a bit too time consuming (and I'm really really bad at time management).

Guild Wars Nightfall

I've no time for any others.

Original Poster

how do use play these game
joypads,keyboard etc

Sloth/Mod

jim4571

how do use play these gamejoypads,keyboard etc

All and any of those. Keyboard is usually best for FPS, Strategy etc is the mouse. And basic action games and sports games you're best using a joypad. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

thinking of uying this now,

find-games.co.uk/pc/…htm

Is this the first ever one,is it true you have to be connected to the net to play,its only 9.99.anyone know any box set or double of the series that may work out cheaper

ANy of the Command and Conquers!

I was trying out Spiderman 3 today, it is a horrible, horrible port.

Even on my GF7600 512mb it runs like a sloth! But worst of all, I cant even map out all the buttons for may pad.

Brothers in arms great game think the story helps looking forward to the next one out
call of duty 2 mainly multiplayer good laugh
football manager 2007 still can't get Woking out of the conference
Age of empires 3
company of heroes great game
doom 2
wolf3d

Original Poster

iv just ordered half life 1:anthology to start on for £9.99,and i ordered FEAR for £8.50. Not bad,il let you know how i get on with them.

Thanks everyone for the input and recommendations,feel free to keep posting,im sure someone will find it usefull

I buy my games using steam now anyone else use steam?

Sloth/Mod

J.Dance

Only to iron my clothes. :giggle:

C&C3 about it at the moment.

Did play SOF2, COD2, CS:S

Syzable

Only to iron my clothes. :giggle:

smartarse ;-)

Sloth/Mod

J.Dance

smartarse ;-)

:thumbsup:

J.Dance

I don't usually - I usually buy the disc versions. But I'm tempted to use steam to buy Episode 2 of Half Life 2, as the exchange rate might make it a bit cheaper?

i don't play much on the pc (thats what I have a ps2/3 for :thumbsup: ) but I do love the command and conquer games also love dungeon keeper I know its old but still love it
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition53491
    2. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)22
    3. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!33
    4. Win a Blink home security and monitoring system, worth £269.99 @ Netmums11

See more discussions