What platforms do you use to purchase shares and why?

Posted 1st Mar
I want to start buying shares, I have done some research but not sure on the platform to use in terms of credibility, fees, etc.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
Halifax share builder. It's cheap to buy as they do it only on certain days on mass. That can be a problem for some
Halifax Share Dealing. Good service plus a monthly reduced share dealing commission at £3.95 which is great.
trading212 all for free why people paying fees :/
iWeb which is run by Halifax but a lot cheaper. I thought about Trading 212 but I am not yet ready to trust a Bulgarian company given Brexit.

And frankly, given the way the FCA has handled the chaos in the P2P market, then ended up disclosing contact details of complainants, etc gives me little confidence in their certification & monitoring process. It is surprising that the FCA head will be the next Governor of the Bank of England.
Must admit I’m tempted to buy in to a few shares with the recent slump. The only is up
Khadgar01/03/2020 10:53

Must admit I’m tempted to buy in to a few shares with the recent slump. T …Must admit I’m tempted to buy in to a few shares with the recent slump. The only is up

Don't blame you wanting to cash in whilst you can
Adam_Khan1Tc01/03/2020 10:56

Don't blame you wanting to cash in whilst you can

There is an old saying about the stock market - do not catch a falling knife.

I personally believe that the impact of the virus is yet to be fully understood and the market will fall further. I work in a large, global company and we have already started seeing delays in getting laptops for new employees with stocks running low.
Edited by: "bozo007" 1st Mar
Hope you're thinking of getting a stock and shares ISA. 20k tax free investment
bozo00701/03/2020 11:17

There is an old saying about the stock market - do not catch a falling … There is an old saying about the stock market - do not catch a falling knife.I personally believe that the impact of the virus is yet to be fully understood and the market will fall further. I work in a large, global company and we have already started seeing delays in getting laptops for new employees with stocks running low.

True
BilzR01/03/2020 11:19

Hope you're thinking of getting a stock and shares ISA. 20k tax free …Hope you're thinking of getting a stock and shares ISA. 20k tax free investment

I am indeed but not sure where to begin. Any readings or tips you recommend on how to start. I currently have a help to buy ISA which I'd be using soon. What broker do you use?
I only buy funds, however Vanguard are the best and cheapest
Sloman02/03/2020 11:55

I only buy funds, however Vanguard are the best and cheapest

What do you use to buy funds?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants