Expired

What printer is compatible wireless with bt home hub 4

Found 23rd Aug 2014
I am just wanting to know which printer I should purchase that would be compatible with bt home hub 4 as my old one just will not connect wireless.

Thank you in advance.

1. Ask
  2. Printer
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Printer
9 Comments

Any wifi enabled printer "should" work

my new epson stylus doesn't connect to the router it has its own web address so we send email direct to it thru epson website

My HP Photosmart printer connects with my BT router fine , must admit I thought they all did .

They all should do - settings - wifi settings - connect to router - identify/select router - enter code - printer should be connected

Original Poster

Thanks for that however I currently have a Hp photosmart however since we have updated to a bt home hub 4 it will not work wireless

Original Poster

Thanks for that - so the Cannon Pixma works well with the bt home hub 4 - also if anybody can give me any suggestions on how to connect my HP c4500 series printer - it would be appreciated. I think I have tried everything but can't make it work wireless

no probs with the canon, works direct from mobiles also

HEPY

Thanks for that however I currently have a Hp photosmart however since we … Thanks for that however I currently have a Hp photosmart however since we have updated to a bt home hub 4 it will not work wireless

There are known issues between HP Printers and BT Hubs - that said I found this

To solve it, I turned DHCP off on my router and then tried connecting the … To solve it, I turned DHCP off on my router and then tried connecting the printer to the wireless network. This time it connects fine but you still can't talk to it because it doesn't have a proper IP address. If it still doesn't connect properly, try turning WPA/WPA2/WEP off on your Access Point. Leave it completely open for a moment until you can reach the web interface (as below). To fix the IP issue, I then went into the Settings menu on the printer and printed the "HP Network Configuration Page". Note that under the Wireless menu option there are a couple of different "Print Network Test Page" options. I believe it's the 2nd one that I selected. You'll know you have the right one when it prints out the page with the following info:IPv4 IP AddressSubnet MaskHostnameDefault GatewayPrimary DNSetc, etc.Take note of the IP Address from the printout above and the Subnet Mask. My IP was 169.254.73.5 and subnet mask 255.255.0.0. Now I manually configured my computers IP address to be similar (within the same subnet): 169.254.73.10 with the same subnet mask.Now you can load up the web interface of the printer using http://169.254.73.5 in my case. (You should also be able to ping the printer at this point too). In here you have a Network tab where you can now manually set the IP Address of the printer. Set the address you want it to be in your network (in my case 192.168.0.3 with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and default gateway 192.168.0.1 and dns server 192.168.0.1).Once I clicked OK I changed my PC's IP back to normal, and I can now reach the printer on its IP address set above. YAY!The great thing is, in the web interface you get a million more options to play with. You can manually set the IP address, gateway, DNS, wireless settings such as WPA1/WPA2 AES/TKIP Encryption, WPA Passkey, etc. So if you had to set the Access Point to completely Open, setup the encryption again and put the passkey in here. When I did this I had to go back into the Settings menu on the printer LCD and select "Disable Wireless" then "Enable Wireless" to force it to re-join the network.Finally I went into the Settings menu again and Updated the software on the printer. I don't know if the new software fixes the bug or not - I haven't tested it (can't be bothered!).

from here h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/…402
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions