What punishment would you hand out to these 2 brothers!!

Found 21st Jan 2010
link in first post

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
170 Comments

Original Poster

The courts should just lock them up and throw away the key

I think they are disgusting... kids or not they should go heavy on them

I dont understand why the parents who brought them up like this arent the ones in court,

They don't allow the punishement they should have in this country anymore.

Little scrotes, they will end up like the little scumbags that killed James Bulger, a burden to taxpayers having to pay for their new lives. :x:x:x

Banned

tonyg1962;7612851

I dont understand why the parents who brought them up like this arent the … I dont understand why the parents who brought them up like this arent the ones in court,

it goes through my head everytime i think of it

Abz;7612828

The courts should just lock them up and throw away the key

To nice and costs tax payer to do so, death for me. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

it was just shocking when reading through the article. Imagine the how the parents must have felt when they played the video clip that was recorded on the mobile phone

Original Poster

Dellboy182;7612868

To nice and costs tax payer to do so, death for me. :thumbsup:

even better...put them on an island with bigger and more violent criminals....let the feel some of the pain that they inflicted on their victims!!!

I think it is disgusting what they have done. They should be put in prison for the rest of their lives and never let out. Unfortunatley though, they will prob be out at 18 and allowed a new identity and a new life. Our justice system is wrong, where things like this happen and are proved beyond all reasonable doubt, we should still have the death penalty (that is just my opinion).

Abz;7612894

even better...put them on an island with bigger and more violent … even better...put them on an island with bigger and more violent criminals....let the feel some of the pain that they inflicted on their victims!!!

+1

There are kids.To me this is like putting a dog on trial that has killed someone and doing nothing to the owner,

********!! I feel sick.....those poor kids

Banned

acid in the face?

tonyg1962;7612851

I dont understand why the parents who brought them up like this arent the … I dont understand why the parents who brought them up like this arent the ones in court,

I don't agree with it, certainly not as a blanket statement anyway. Yes, there are times you see, hear and read about the parents and feel they should be the ones in court - but there are also parents who are honest, good natured people who simply don't have any control of their children through no real fault of their own. I've read and seen countless stories of parents who are at near breaking point because their child/chilren are simply uncontrollable. You can't punish people like that, and besides, these kids knew exactly what they were doing - they should be the ones punished and held accountable for their actions.

Personally, I'd give them life - and I don't mean twenty years and possibly out in ten. I mean life.

be made to wear knettle pants for the rest of their lives

tonyg1962;7612913

There are kids.To me this is like putting a dog on trial that has killed … There are kids.To me this is like putting a dog on trial that has killed someone and doing nothing to the owner,

I agree the parents should be punished also but they knew what they were doing was wrong.

Death Penalty

They wil serve no further purpose in life and contribute nothing to society,if they ever get released they will only offend again,pointless to allow them the chance to harm again

should never be released and the parents of the boys should have to face some prison time too

The most heartbreaking piece from that story is the quote from one of the victims, where he says "You go and I'll just die here." For such a young boy to say that, and to be caught up in such a situation, just truly saddens me.

boothy;7612938

Death PenaltyThey wil serve no further purpose in life and contribute … Death PenaltyThey wil serve no further purpose in life and contribute nothing to society,if they ever get released they will only offend again,pointless to allow them the chance to harm again

I agree. I know some people don't think a life for a life is right but the thought that these boys will be allowed back out into society with new identites is wrong. It is also a complete insult to the family of the victims. They clearly have a very evil side to them that is not just going to go away. I cannot imagine the pain the parents of the victims must feel, if anything like that happened to either of my children I would not be responsible for my actions.

aaron14danni;7612840

I think they are disgusting... kids or not they should go heavy on them

i agree

People keep on saying that the parents should be punished... and excuse me if I'm out of the loop here, as I haven't read deeply into this particular story... but does anyone here actually know of the parents?

Winspiration;7612967

The most heartbreaking piece from that story is the quote from one of the … The most heartbreaking piece from that story is the quote from one of the victims, where he says "You go and I'll just die here." For such a young boy to say that, and to be caught up in such a situation, just truly saddens me.

Yes, that is an awful thing for a child to say. The things he must have been thinking at that moment must have been awful and no one should ever have to go through that.

Winspiration;7612983

People keep on saying that the parents should be punished... and excuse … People keep on saying that the parents should be punished... and excuse me if I'm out of the loop here, as I haven't read deeply into this particular story... but does anyone here actually know of the parents?

Good point! The parents may not even be around.

Banned

Winspiration;7612983

People keep on saying that the parents should be punished... and excuse … People keep on saying that the parents should be punished... and excuse me if I'm out of the loop here, as I haven't read deeply into this particular story... but does anyone here actually know of the parents?

so are you now thinking infact the children are not evil or they are but managed to not show this side to them at home

Unless you believe some children are born evil, something must have happened to these children to allow them to commit these kinds of acts. My priority is for the victims and future possible victims and I would be trying to stop this from Happening again. Surely we want a lot investigation into what happened in these children's lives so that hopefully we can spot the behavior patterns next time BEFORE it gets this bad again.

It's all very well throwing away the key, but then you would have to break down the door in a few years to throw the next two children in, and there by that time would be more victims. This behavior sickens and scares me. I think those qualified and experienced should be studying it in terms of prevention.

As for the vengeful comments about acid and the death penalty you will find these methods being used all over the world in much more violent societies than ours.

Winspiration;7612983

from what ive read dad was a violent alcholic mum had 5 kids to 3 different dads and let them all run riot both have since moved out the area and have not went to court still have custody for the other children and are now living in a caravan

Banned

They should never see natural light again. And the parents should be punished as well

Banned

louloublue;7613029

from what ive read dad was a violent alcholic mum had 5 kids to 3 … from what ive read dad was a violent alcholic mum had 5 kids to 3 different dads and let them all run riot

and we blame a 10 yr old for how he has turned out, a 10yr old let down by everyone, but easier to wish death on him than look any further

mummylace;7612927

I agree the parents should be punished also but they knew what they were … I agree the parents should be punished also but they knew what they were doing was wrong.

But the kids were already in care when this happened. There had also been a previous incident involving the harm of a 3 year old.

That's just what I've heard from the TV news coverage. I have not read any of the articles - they are too sad.

louloublue;7613029

from what ive read dad was a violent alcholic mum had 5 kids to 3 … from what ive read dad was a violent alcholic mum had 5 kids to 3 different dads and let them all run riot

At the end of the day 99% of the time and as harsh as it sounds,scum breeds scum and so on,its a vicious circle and just continues,its the same everywhere in the world and will never change.

Plum;7613013

Unless you believe some children are born evil, something must have … Unless you believe some children are born evil, something must have happened to these children to allow them to commit these kinds of acts. My priority is for the victims and future possible victims and I would be trying to stop this from Happening again. Surely we want a lot investigation into what happened in these children's lives so that hopefully we can spot the behavior patterns next time BEFORE it gets this bad again. It's all very well throwing away the key, but then you would have to break down the door in a few years to throw the next two children in, and there by that time would be more victims. This behavior sickens and scares me. I think those qualified and experienced should be studying it in terms of prevention.As for the vengeful comments about acid and the death penalty you will find these methods being used all over the world in much more violent societies than ours.

I agree we should look at preventing things like this happening so other children don't do the same. However, these boys have commited an awful crime. Some chidren have horrific upbringings and have alcoholic or abusive parents but they don't all commit crime as they still know to some degree that it is wrong. The boys need to be punished for what they did, it can't just be put down to parenting.

I cannot even begin to grasp how these children could have become so perverted and wicked. I don't know what their sentences should be.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stm

The brothers had moved to Edlington just three weeks before the attack to … The brothers had moved to Edlington just three weeks before the attack to live with foster parents.The report says there was no proper supervision of the placement and no clear plan for the boys' management. The brothers' family had been known to social services for 14 years. Their father was violent and their mother could not cope with her seven sons. Yet the report, which calls for better training of staff in the areas of identifying children at risk, finds that professionals focused on the mother, rather than the needs of her children. History of violenceIt highlights an inability to connect the boys' worsening behaviour to their neglectful family background

i dont think its upto to us to decide, thats why we have a court system to deal with these things with balance of harshness for the issues and lenience towards the age.

Throwing away the key is never the answer, let alone against the Human Rights Act 1998

sassie;7612994

so are you now thinking infact the children are not evil or they are but … so are you now thinking infact the children are not evil or they are but managed to not show this side to them at home

What I'm saying is 'the parents should be punished!' is such an easy and fairly popular thing to say. And like I said in a previous post, sometimes it is the case that the parents should face some sort of punishment. But what I'm asking is does anyone actually know, or has anyone actually read about the parents of the boys who carried out this attack? Or are people just jumping to conclusions, wildly speculating and assuming?

And yes, it's possible that people could be evil without their family and friends realising it. Those types of people are evil and manipulative. Or it could be that the children had shown that type of behaviour but on a much, much smaller scale, which wouldn't cause the parents too much concern as some boys at that age can be like that.

You also have parents who are pretty blind and who love their children unconditionally, who simply aren't aware of what's happening or what their child/chilren is like.

And you, and nobody else knows, whether the parents had been regularly punishing their children and doing all they possibly could to help their children to become decent human beings and this attack has just come out of nowhere.

Or maybe the parents just couldn't control them as they were so violent and aggressive. You can't blame the parents for that. People are born evil I think, their minds just don't work like most others. You could have three perfectly fine and normal children and one of them is a drug taking rapist. Should the parents be punished then?

They're a number of possibilities, and I just think blaming the parents is too easy and is just wrong and completely unfair in most cases.

Just think. These kids will cost us tax in keeping them in prison, then more tax as we pay for their identity changes and the 50 years they will be on the dole, then more tax when they get buried.

Plus they will no doubt get Housing Benefit, Council Tax paid for them and probably DLA because I expect they have got 'ADHD'.

be made to peddle exercise bikes for life generating electricity

They should both have their nuts cut off to so their offspring can't inflict the pain and suffering that they have.

louloublue;7613029

from what ive read dad was a violent alcholic mum had 5 kids to 3 … from what ive read dad was a violent alcholic mum had 5 kids to 3 different dads and let them all run riot both have since moved out the area and have not went to court still have custody for the other children and are now living in a caravan

Ah, well in that case, then...

My point still stands, though. Every time a story like this is posted, people are just so quick to shout 'blame the parents!'

It happened here, and I'm willing to bet hardly any of them knew of the parents or their background.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Keyboard & Mouse combo (sort of) on Xbox One - Yay or Nay?66
    2. #KoemanIn, Thank You Koeman for trying to get Everton relegated!1217
    3. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet3473
    4. Unlock access to thousands of hidden movies and genres on Netflix using cod…66

See more discussions