Groups

What Qualification to be an Electrician?

basically want to know what course or exam i need to take to be a qualified electrician, i know quite abit about electronics / home wiring so should have a good start?

11 Comments

c&g 2335 is a good start

myaser88;4987516

c&g 2335 is a good start

& rubber soles

city & guilds 2330, my bad

Original Poster

that one looks exactly what i need. just need to find a place that does it part time to fit around my job

thanks for the replies

mds1256;4987943

that one looks exactly what i need. just need to find a place that does … that one looks exactly what i need. just need to find a place that does it part time to fit around my jobthanks for the replies

Local Education College is a good place to start. Sorry not to give a proper answer earlier. If you can get a job sometimes employers will fund a day release. Not easy to get these but they are still about if you are lucky

whereabouts are you ?

Original Poster

newcastle upon tyne

plenty within yorkshire, you tried college up there ?

Being able to differenciate between colours is a must, by the way. So if you're at all colourblind, you may as well stop trying now, unfortunately.

This is how one OP recieved training

hotukdeals.com/ite…se/

Not the best for a potential electrician though. LOL

Research what are your local further education colleges. Call them up or check them out online to see if they provide training in this area.

Good luck, I hope you find what you need x x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One thing you've forgotten1721
      2. Bearded chat1223
      3. New TV,Film & Ebook Releases 2407243
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7311387

See more discussions