Groups

What routers work with Virgin?

Ive just bought a dell and need a new router that works with virgin broadband?

Recommendations? cheapish ones

21 Comments

supermod

Moved to correct forum - 'Feedback' is for HUKD site issues, thanks.

Routers aren't ISP specific are they, any router will work with any ISP won't it?

Is it for cable?

Banned

works fine for me on VM - buy a couple of ethernet cables too

ebuyer.com/pro…923

Banned

I have a wgr-614

amazon.co.uk/Net…8-1

the pic is wrong, its white

sure it doesnt have all the new 'N' networking, but it has been reliable and gives a perfect signal anywhere including 2 doors away!

Virgin supply customers with a Netgear WGR614 router - they're readily available on ebay for fairly cheap

Banned

oldmanhouse;7926213

Virgin supply customers with a Netgear WGR614 router - they're readily … Virgin supply customers with a Netgear WGR614 router - they're readily available on ebay for fairly cheap

good point! ring up and complain and they send you a wireless router

Original Poster

i bought this from this crapy website (so slow!!) esave2day.com/pro…er/ is it worth waiting for this to arrive or buy elsewhere?

oldmanhouse;7926213

Virgin supply customers with a Netgear WGR614 router - they're readily … Virgin supply customers with a Netgear WGR614 router - they're readily available on ebay for fairly cheap

I have one of these that I would be willing to slap on the FS/FT if interested.

Brand new, sealed and supplied through Virgin.

Banned

peterjmay;7926324

i bought this from this crapy website (so slow!!) … i bought this from this crapy website (so slow!!) http://www.esave2day.com/product/802-11n-300mpbs-4port-wireless-router/ is it worth waiting for this to arrive or buy elsewhere?

did you even read any of the replies above? :w00t:

Original Poster

csiman;7926506

did you even read any of the replies above? :w00t:

lol i did but i ordered from this company back on 12 feb so ive already ordered but their painfullly slow at shipping it so wanted to know whether to wait or buy a new one

they supply a dlink with the XXL service that works fine
    i have had great use out of a dlink 524 got it for about £15 from a local pc world a while ago..

got a proper VM one if ya interested?

Banned

peterjmay;7926679

lol i did but i ordered from this company back on 12 feb so ive already … lol i did but i ordered from this company back on 12 feb so ive already ordered but their painfullly slow at shipping it so wanted to know whether to wait or buy a new one

read them again then lol

two of us have already told you VM give them to you for free if you shout loud enough :-D

csiman;7926917

read them again then loltwo of us have already told you VM give them to … read them again then loltwo of us have already told you VM give them to you for free if you shout loud enough :-D

Not too sure about free, they wouldn't supply me with one without paying (perhaps I didn't shout loud enough). Anyway by the time it arrived I'd fixed the original one so I have a spare one now.

guilbert53;7926844

Virgin will give you a free router, see … Virgin will give you a free router, see herehttp://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/broadband/wireless.html

Am I missing something there, where does it say free?

Banned

greg_68;7927053

Not too sure about free, they wouldn't supply me with one without paying … Not too sure about free, they wouldn't supply me with one without paying (perhaps I didn't shout loud enough). Anyway by the time it arrived I'd fixed the original one so I have a spare one now.

My mother & brother both got one without too much difficulty. Just said they were off to talktalk as they supplied a free wireless router. VM sent them one the very next day.

greg_68;7927065

Am I missing something there, where does it say free?

If you spend a few second reading it (it is not hard to find) you see it says:

Wireless "N" Router
    If you love wireless, our "N" router is about as good as it gets.

Free with Broadband XXL (includes a free USB adapter)
    Free with Broadband XL (up to 20Mb broadband)
    Free with Broadband L (up to 10Mb broadband)

(and as they only offer L, XL and XXL that means it is free for anyone with Virgin broadband)

guilbert53;7927094

If you spend a few second reading it (it is not hard to find) you see it … If you spend a few second reading it (it is not hard to find) you see it says: Free with Broadband XXL (includes a free USB adapter)Free with Broadband XL (up to 20Mb broadband)Free with Broadband L (up to 10Mb broadband)

That's free when you take out the package, not whenever your one packs up. So read it carefully yourself next time thank you.

greg_68;7927103

That's free when you take out the package, not whenever your one packs … That's free when you take out the package, not whenever your one packs up. So read it carefully yourself next time thank you.

Poster never said his Virgin router had packed up.

He never said he had had one before from Virgin.

The Virgin page does not say it has to be a NEW connection. If he has never had one from Virgin before he is entitled to a free one.

I'm selling an old virgin router on here...still available if you get fed up of waiting for esave2day.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2548
      2. It is a Yorkshire pudding wrap.812
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would11
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047137

See more discussions